Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Druids hired to cut road accidents

Still Waters

Motoroway bosses in Austria secretly hired a full-time team of druids to drain 'negative energy' from accident blackspots.

The team is said to have reduced fatal accidents at one notorious crash site to zero after restoring its "terrestrial radiation".

Chief engineer Harald Dirnbacher from Austria's motorway authority ASFINAG explained: "We were really sceptical at first and certainly didn't want people to know what we were doing, so we kept it secret."

But now the trial results are so impressive officials are spreading the scheme nationwide.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• puridalan

• Shadow_of_Man

• Moonie2012

• Eurymedon

You hear rumors about the government officials using psychics, but Austrian motorbosses using druids?

This should be interesting...

Laughs

The funniest..is actually what our tax dollars are being spent on

it's always high tech gadgets...playing with civilians..you think I am joking..I wish

The funniest thing has got to be them having eating contest (hits face against wall) after/ or as their business meetings.

Some of it is put to good use, other times I am like ooooo dear lord we put a bunch of five year olds in control!

the five year olds are in control and they have shiny new toys! watch out! i dont hear very much about druids at all. this is pretty cool. now if only we could send some druids back in time and to sweden. drain that negative energy so cliff burton does not die!! :nw:

I for one am glad to hear it, but it looks like we will be seeing a lot of scoffing Christians and skeptics on this comment page.

Edited by Shadow_of_Man

You don't have to be a scoffing christian or overly skeptical to believe this is beyond stupid. I'd be willing to bet there is other factors besides "negative earth energy" affecting parts of road with more thatn thier share of accidents. Things such as bad engineering or poor planning.

the five year olds are in control and they have shiny new toys! watch out! i dont hear very much about druids at all. this is pretty cool. now if only we could send some druids back in time and to sweden. drain that negative energy so cliff burton does not die!! :nw:

Awesome!

How exactly does one "drain negative earth energy" from a spot?

With an enormous siphon powered by the souls of unborn children.

Still, I think this is a grossly entertaining, if ill advised, use of tax dollars.

Edited by Eurymedon

The story seems bogus.

"Seems" as in the Pope seems Catholic.

Although the OP gives a May 2010 date for the story, a much longer but similarly worded story ran in August 2003 in the London Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/austria/1438473/Druids-cut-death-toll-with-divine-intervention.html

The last line of that original source story is

"Of course, the fall in accidents could be due to something else, as we are continuously repairing the roads," said Mr Dirnbacher.

There apparently actually is a Mr Dirnbacher. I think he was having a little fun with the Telegraph, and maybe they were willing to be had fun with on a slow news day.

Bottom line: The Austrian road agency piled some rocks next to a busy intersection. It had a "traffic calming" effect. Unless that was because they fixed the pavement, too. No matter. Piling up rocks is what civil engineers do, so they were willing to try it again.

As to the backstory of why they supposedly piled up these specific rocks, we're not just talking engineers, we're talking Austrian engineers.

The story is BS, and years past its "best used by" date.

This thread belongs in urban legends, IMO.

Eight Bits

Thanks for all that info!

Seriously though red flag when a newstory is that short, plus the source...well enough said

Thanks again!

I am happy that they are doing something about the accident problem. All other countries should follow suite. B)

You don't have to be a scoffing christian or overly skeptical to believe this is beyond stupid. I'd be willing to bet there is other factors besides "negative earth energy" affecting parts of road with more thatn thier share of accidents. Things such as bad engineering or poor planning.

Yep and of course, bad driving.

Bad engineering doesn't answer the fact that "One blackspot's fatal accident rate fell from an average of six per year to nothing after the druid treatment" - or do people like you just look at the statement "Druids hired to cut road accidents" and base your decision on the fact that you are a "scoffing christian or a skeptic".

It's not even that..the news source(cough) seems to be fake..therefore making even all claims of this ever even occuring...false