Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russian "satanic" cannibals go to trial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#46    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Russians seem to love the taste of human flesh...

CANNIBALISM & VODKA

:rolleyes:

#47    Cyaneyed

Cyaneyed

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

• Yeah, then you woke up with your head in your cornflakes.

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

You can't really compare this with Chikatilo, and you can't explain it away as a social remnant from the first half of the 1900's when cannibalism was normal behaviour in deep poverty. The religious overtone is quite clear in the report, but I do find it a little convenient. Satanic Panic 2? I'd look closer at the facts, upbringings and people involved rather than give it an easy tag and move on. We've seen with the 'dnepropetrovsk maniacs' in Ukraine that extreme cruelty and murder for fun is not that farfetched for Eastern bloc countries, and I find '666 stab wounds' all too convenient. Even if there were that many, that doesn't suggest a motive, just a handy deflection.

This reminds me of a few years back of reports of people volunteering to be food for others. I don't know if it was exactly a "cult" or what it was but I want to say that there were several reports of it going on in Germany. I just remember that at that time it was being compared to Silence of the Lambs.  

Armin Meiwes.

Edited by Cyaneyed, 28 August 2010 - 10:58 AM.

"Even real sounds like a zero to a brain in lip sync"

#48    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,926 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:10 PM

View PostThe Arbiter, on 28 June 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

Still Andrei Chikatilo was the ugliest.He had a similar way of killing.Man they dont have heart killing those children and eating them.
We had a to write a paper in my psychology class about what constitutes as evil, or how someone would become evil. I chose to do mine on him. Very disturbing, but fascinating nonetheless.

"The case is being held behind closed doors but local media say all seven defendants admit their guilt. They are officially charged with murder, theft and the desecration of human remains.

They would typically be jailed for life but the fact that four of the defendants were minors at the time means they are likely to get off more lightly."

Personally, I find it ridiculous that they can admit their guilt, obviously knew what they were doing and yet possibly still get a lighter sentence because they were shy of 18.

Posted Image

#49    the rebirth

the rebirth

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "it seems you have a chronomechanical malfunction"
    "what?"
    "a chronomechanical malfunction.."
    "a what??"
    "your clock is broken."

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

i honestly doubt that human flesh could be very tasty. you'd have to be reeealy hungry to eat somebody. nice link abramelin

#50    sandee

sandee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

• The three hardest tasks in the world are moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, 'I was wrong.

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostFernand0, on 01 July 2010 - 02:03 PM, said:

Satanists kill 4 people and it's a tragic horror, reviled to it's utmost with front page media coverage. Christians kill thousands of people and no one seems to care.

I believe that is the most ignorant thing I have read in awhile!

Posted Image

#51    THE_GRINNING MAN

THE_GRINNING MAN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• I'M GRINNING ALWAYS&EVERYWHERE!!!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

All the nasty satanists or occultists must be cremated alive-in order to protect normal innocent citizens&their unhappy pets!Return to the hellside,please!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

#52    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 25 May 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

Nothin like a good old fashion Russian cook out................. ok that was in poor taste sorry lol.

*facepalm*

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#53    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

View PostMurrangurk, on 29 December 2010 - 11:11 PM, said:

*facepalm*

:whistle:

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#54    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just a bunch of misguided and deluded individuals with violence and death on their minds. Sad and pathetic.

#55    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Seems like a bunch of misguided, seriously messed up teenagers with a fascination with the occult. The "satanism" explanation might be an affront for a more personal desire to eat human flesh or kill someone, although, if that was the case, I would think that they wouldn't give a damn about stabbing the victims 666 times. There will always be these type of things going on as long as there is youth. Stupid, stupid youth. Teenagers don't have fully matured brains and don't go through the same risk/benefit analysis that grown adults regularly do. (I'm pointing this out as an explanation, NOT an excuse, for their behaviour. So don't bother with the outrage and all of that)

Thank god homicide rates have been decreasing nationwide here in the US. Crimes like this may seem bizarre, which they are, but atleast it isn't some sort of trend.

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#56    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

eeessh.... thats nasty

#57    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

dead cat? they had it all wrong

Edited by Fox Mccloud, 13 May 2012 - 04:21 AM.

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

#58    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

More Necroposting?  In this instance, given the age of the story and that all the gory details and commentary have to have been exhausted, I'm closing this one.

Topic Closed.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users