Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Question Game

Hugh

This is different than the "Answer a Question With A Question" thread where you directly answer a question with another question...

This is The Question Game, where you answer the question posted before you, then ask your own question, which may be totally unrelated, and which you'd like someone to answer.

There is no previous question to start off with for me to answer, so I'll just ask the first question. :)

What is your favorite memory from childhood? :)

One time I was exploring the woods surrounding the house I lived in, in Cuba. The sun had just gone down. I was looking at an owl in a tree when a UFO appeared above the tree and directly above me. It was dark metallic color and had glowing edges at the places where several plates that formed it met, and a small space between the plates that shone with a blue pulsating light. I still remember it with awe. It shone a spotlight on me or something similar and I tried to run away then a ball of light struck me from behind, which paralyzed me. Next thing I remember I was laying at the back door of my house and the UFO was not there.

What is the first memory you have?

edit

I was only five years old at the time and I didn't know what a UFO is until much later. It was scary to be paralyzed by that ball of light but it was an amazing thing to see. I lived near the Havana airport at the time, and I already knew what helicopters and planes were. It was not a normal aircraft.

Edited by Fernand0

Candy, snakes, and exploring the woods. What do you like most about Mila Kunis?

Candy, snakes, and exploring the woods. What do you like most about Mila Kunis?

Em, never heard of her, so had to 'google the name.' What I like most about what I saw, was, em, well, she's woman?!

My question: If your nearest relative after say 20yrs, told you they were joining a Cult, would you do or say anything to discourage them, or would you just say, "your choice?" or would it only matter to you if you disapproved of the Cult?

If your nearest relative after say 20yrs, told you they were joining a Cult, would you do or say anything to discourage them, or would you just say, "your choice?" or would it only matter to you if you disapproved of the Cult?

If the Cult was known for evil, and killings and such I'd definitely try to discourage them, but if it was something non-hurtful I'd just be curious and ask them 'Why?'...

In the end though, it's their life and their choice.

My question is:

If a group of doctors came to you and said that they had a proven method to cool down your body, then stop your heart and brain functions for 30 minutes, then revive you to "bring you back to life" (like in the movie Flatliners), but there was a 0.1% chance you would remain dead, would you be willing to experience what "death" would feel like, and report back what you saw?

If the Cult was known for evil, and killings and such I'd definitely try to discourage them, but if it was something non-hurtful I'd just be curious and ask them 'Why?'...

In the end though, it's their life and their choice.

My question is:

If a group of doctors came to you and said that they had a proven method to cool down your body, then stop your heart and brain functions for 30 minutes, then revive you to "bring you back to life" (like in the movie Flatliners), but there was a 0.1% chance you would remain dead, would you be willing to experience what "death" would feel like, and report back what you saw?

One of my fav movies that... but no, I wouldn't agree to it. Had an outer body experience once.. that was enough for one life time.

My question: You're in a poker game, you have a rotten hand, you can risk everything by showing your hand and possibly winning or losing thousands of pounds/dollars, do you play or not?

One of my fav movies that... but no, I wouldn't agree to it. Had an outer body experience once.. that was enough for one life time.

My question: You're in a poker game, you have a rotten hand, you can risk everything by showing your hand and possibly winning or losing thousands of pounds/dollars, do you play or not?

id play my hand.. QUESTION :how fast would lightning go ,if it didnt zigzag?

how fast would lightning go ,if it didnt zigzag?

Well lightning normally takes the path of least resistance through the air, which makes it zig zag... so if it was forced to go straight then it would end up slowing down going through the higher resistance areas, which would mean it would probably end up getting there at the same time it would have if it would have travelled quicker, but taking the longer route by zig zagging... maybe... lol...

What would you do if you could stop time for everything and everyone for an hour, but you'd be free to do anything you wanted?

Brainwash the entire planet

What would you do if you were stranded in the ocean, away from land?

Can't do anything, just gonna hope somebody rescues.

What would you do if you can teleport like in the film Jumper?

Man, I'd be very, very busy. Visit loved ones & friends who are far away, go to all the places on earth I want to visit, organize a space-suit & hop around in space, but firstly & most importantly, teleport myself into the finest bakery/Patisserie on the planet, at night, when nobody is there fulfilling a long-cherished fantasy.

How did you come across UM & what made you register? (Wanting to reply to a particular thread f.ex. if so, which one?)

Man, I'd be very, very busy. Visit loved ones & friends who are far away, go to all the places on earth I want to visit, organize a space-suit & hop around in space, but firstly & most importantly, teleport myself into the finest bakery/Patisserie on the planet, at night, when nobody is there fulfilling a long-cherished fantasy.

How did you come across UM & what made you register? (Wanting to reply to a particular thread f.ex. if so, which one?)

Googled it. Was looking to see if anyone out there had experiences of "odd" stuff and to see if others had experiences similar to mine.

How often do you seriously think about your own death?

How often do you seriously think about your own death?

Several times a day on average. I think about what it will feel like, what may come after, what all the possibilities are...

What is your dream career? (and you're allowed to invent a new type of one if you'd like to.) :)

Be an explorer, in the times when there were still a lot of vast white territories on maps.

If you won ten million dollars/pounds/euros what would you do with it?

If you won ten million dollars/pounds/euros what would you do with it?

I've thought about this a lot lol, probably like everyone else.

I'd help family first, then extended family and friends to the tune of about half of it, then I'd make sure that my own future would be finacially secure with good investments, then I'd buy new stuff for myself and travel to exotic but safe places. :)

Who has been the most inspirational person in your life and why?

I've thought about this a lot lol, probably like everyone else.

I'd help family first, then extended family and friends to the tune of about half of it, then I'd make sure that my own future would be finacially secure with good investments, then I'd buy new stuff for myself and travel to exotic but safe places. original.gif

Who has been the most inspirational person in your life and why?

My dog. He never holds a grudge with me, loves unconditionallyand is always pleased to see me. Makes me feel humble...

If you died today, what song would you want played at a Service given in memory of you and why?

oo thats a tough one. I would have to say I think its called funeral by 6am

What would you do if your best friend stole something very valuable from you?

Ask him/her why... after that its over, you are supposed to trust your friends. But if was for a reason, maybe it will be forgiven.

What would you do if you got kicked out of a band you started?

I guess I'd first have a serious identity crisis & a bout of hefty introspection.There must be a reason why they wouldn't want me in the bad anymore, right?

Then I guess I'd try to learn from the experience & move on, maybe solo or form a new band. (I wouldn't have any problems with regards to ownership of songs, etc, as I would have made sure beforehand that it's all sorted legally already)

Do you think that in our days we are obsessed with beauty and body-image (and does it affect you) or have humans always been like that?

Do you think that in our days we are obsessed with beauty and body-image (and does it affect you) or have humans always been like that?

I think that in general we obsess more with it now than in the past. Competition way back only involved a few others in town, now one has to compete against air-brushed and computer generated perfection.

We see what we're "supposed" to be like in the media, and it's a hard image to achieve... even the models and movie stars wished they looked like "themselves" lol...

I try not to let it affect me personally, but I like looking at a beautiful image, even if it isn't "real", although I don't feel I'm obsessed with beauty and body-image myself.

Have you ever bought or sold anything on ebay? :)

I think that in general we obsess more with it now than in the past. Competition way back only involved a few others in town, now one has to compete against air-brushed and computer generated perfection.

We see what we're "supposed" to be like in the media, and it's a hard image to achieve... even the models and movie stars wished they looked like "themselves" lol...

I try not to let it affect me personally, but I like looking at a beautiful image, even if it isn't "real", although I don't feel I'm obsessed with beauty and body-image myself.

Have you ever bought or sold anything on ebay? original.gif

Never sold anything, but have bought some things. One was an old copy of a book I'd been searching for for years.

Have you ever ridden on an elephant or a camel?

No never have.

Have you ever had someone close the door on your fingers?

Yes, when I was around six or seven, my mother missed a tight curve & almost drove her 2CV into someone's living room. The wall stopped us though, and nobody got seriously injured (apart from the "CV of course)

If we were living 300 years from now and had mastered the colonizing space, would you want to take part in the adventure (one way ticket only) or prefer to stay home on this planet?