Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 8 votes

Trail Camera Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

View PostNeognosis, on 09 June 2010 - 01:41 PM, said:

It's a bit silly to think that it is possible for a species of giant apes to occupy our ecosystem and leave no evidence behind.

I was wondering how bigfoot afficionados were going to get around the increasing blanket of surveilannce technology that is in use now. I should have figured bigfoot would have super powers to compliment their super intelligence.

I have to agree.....I hope this topic does not go south , it was not intended as  a "I bought a trail cam to catch Bigfoot"....

I just want to make clear , I made this asking if anyone had trail cams , and I purchased one.I think it would be cool to post pic's from trail cams of wildlife in diferent areas.Mine will be Oregon , the coastal area....I am not expecting any bigfeet pics....Especially now that I know they can sense "IR"...Even though the "IR" is only the flash....Weird how Deer , Elk , Wolves , Coyotes , Cougars , Cougars killing deer ( yes on a trai cam pic) , Bear , Turkey , etc , etc....can all walk by one , eat by one , kill by one , and not one of them know it is there....But Bigfoot , he to smart for that....

Anyway , I have hunted many that I have listed above , and especially Turkey , are very , very hard to get close to.Excellent hearing and site....So , no , Bigfoot does not hear or sense it....It would be hard for a made up myth to be able to do that anyway :)

Well.....When I get my cam pics , I will post them , and I hope others do also......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    Mr-Makavelli

Mr-Makavelli

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• If it's worth learning then it's worth teaching.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

I saw a programme (on 1 of the discovery channels possibly ?) and there was a guy on it that said in his opinion there would only need to be about 250 "bigfoot" to be able to exist continously.

#18    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

View PostMDeacon, on 05 June 2010 - 11:50 PM, said:

You know what sucks... I had that idea to use trap cameras before Destination Truth popularized it, and to be honest with you I don't believe they even have any pics that show something paranormal from there HIGH END Cameras.

I bought one last year... screwed a hole in the base to attach it to a tripod, and as I was drilling the hole, I went too far and cracked the motherboard chip... :wacko: ... it hasn't worked since... lol

Your luck is about as good as mine. Thay's what they call 'over-mechanicing'.  KennyB

#19    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

Well , set up my trial run on the trail camera....I am sending it back...Pure junk , This is a night photo with IR...I had 3 deer walk almost smack into the camera yesterday , every one of the pictures are pure white.....Junk.....Hopefully I will get a better one....Here is one of the night pics , no idea what set it off , can't see it......Arghhhhhhhh

Attached Files

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:42 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 June 2010 - 12:29 AM, said:

Well , set up my trial run on the trail camera....I am sending it back...Pure junk , This is a night photo with IR...I had 3 deer walk almost smack into the camera yesterday , every one of the pictures are pure white.....Junk.....Hopefully I will get a better one....Here is one of the night pics , no idea what set it off , can't see it......Arghhhhhhhh

OMG  :mellow: YOU CAPTURED BIGFOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Looks just like he does in all the other pictures!!!

Edited by psyche101, 17 June 2010 - 12:43 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 June 2010 - 12:42 AM, said:

OMG  :mellow: YOU CAPTURED BIGFOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Looks just like he does in all the other pictures!!!

LOL....I was going to point out  , if most trail cams are like this one ( they are not , you get what you pay for) , than that would explain all the fuzzy , out of focus pics :)

It was a raccoon  :tu:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#22    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:14 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 June 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

LOL....I was going to point out  , if most trail cams are like this one ( they are not , you get what you pay for) , than that would explain all the fuzzy , out of focus pics :)

Just to point out....I don't know if this applies to all models, but from some interesting research I've seen....these camera's give off a slight noise, not detectable by humans.  Additionally, some animals have the capability to see in the infrared spectrum.  So, I'm sure you'll get photos...but I think it should be said that some animals will be aware of the device.

I've seen a nice sequence of a black bear attacking a trail cam.  Apparantly it was not too pleased to have it's picture taken.  hahah

It ripped the camera from the tree and thrashed the unit.  The cover protected the camera and the pictures came out.  The bear was pissed.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#23    -d00Fus-

-d00Fus-

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• Don't get me started...

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:44 AM

a lot of those trail cams have a delay between the sensor being tripped and the photo being taken.

Have to wonder whether some blank photos arent from something close to the camera triping (paw, tail etc) it but moving out of shot before the pic is taken

-d00fus-

#24    Master Oku

Master Oku

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

• Thats why I'm the Master and your not!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

At least your making an effort Sakari. It would seem that we of the UM community are the only ones that have any serious thought on trying to find these cryptids all over the world. Sure we have Destination Truth... but each episode leaves more questions than answers.

But I do know one thing... That if we want our proof of these creatures, then we're just going to haft to go out and look for them ourselves and report our findings back here.

I'm already planning on going to some of these places so I can hopefully shed some light on the countless stories and sightings we have here on the UM. Besides, isn't this the reason why we all joined this forum on the first place... to try and find answers to what exactly we are all seeing in the world around us.

Edited by Meji, 17 June 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#25    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

View PostMeji, on 17 June 2010 - 11:50 AM, said:

At least your making an effort Sakari. It would seem that we of the UM community are the only ones that have any serious thought on trying to find these cryptids all over the world. Sure we have Destination Truth... but each episode leaves more questions than answers.

But I do know one thing... That if we want our proof of these creatures, then we're just going to haft to go out and look for them ourselves and report our findings back here.

I'm already planning on going to some of these places so I can hopefully shed some light on the countless stories and sightings we have here on the UM. Besides, isn't this the reason why we all joined this forum on the first place... to try and find answers to what exactly we are all seeing in the world around us.

My topic name is quite decieving....I said I purchased a trail camera , to capture what is back in the woods of Oregon , and yes " Bigfoot Country" to anyone whom believes that.I do not think they exist...I thought it would be cool for people who have or may get trail cam's to post pics of what they do capture...I am sending mine back for a exchange , I have captured deer , elk , fox , raccoon , not sure what else , the camera is not working , well , the pictures are horrible.....

I want to point out , I know of a lot of hunters that set around 10 cameras each all over in different areas of Oregon.These cameras are very expensive , and some of these guys have a satelite fed so they can look on their computer.They have been doing this for years..This is not counting the hundreds I do no know of , and not one has captured anything abnormal or unknown......Anyway , hope people start posting some trail cam pics , and whomever wants , set them up where you think their may be a "bigfoot"....At least post the pics you get of the wildlife.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#26    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:27 AM

Something I want to clarify again....And this is not a bigfoot topic :)

People have claimed the trail cams make noise , and it scares Bigfoot away....Well , if a Buck can eat by one , and not know a mountain lion is stalking it...I would have to say...Uhm , no...

Not my pic :)

Attached Files

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,554 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

View PostSakari, on 17 June 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

There is a daytime pic of a Biff here somewhere, sorry, cannot find it right now, it seems to be taken with the same cam you have, the daylight pics seem s a little clearer, unfortunately in the specimen provided, either we are dealing with Pareidolia or the subject is far to distant for the equipment to focus, but the overall quality seemed acceptable for close encounters in the day.

I'll keep on the search engine and try to find it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#28    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 June 2010 - 01:59 AM, said:

There is a daytime pic of a Biff here somewhere, sorry, cannot find it right now, it seems to be taken with the same cam you have, the daylight pics seem s a little clearer, unfortunately in the specimen provided, either we are dealing with Pareidolia or the subject is far to distant for the equipment to focus, but the overall quality seemed acceptable for close encounters in the day.

I'll keep on the search engine and try to find it.

I think you may be refering to the "crow" that flew close to the camera....We will see :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#29    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

View Post-d00Fus-, on 17 June 2010 - 05:44 AM, said:

a lot of those trail cams have a delay between the sensor being tripped and the photo being taken.

Have to wonder whether some blank photos arent from something close to the camera triping (paw, tail etc) it but moving out of shot before the pic is taken

You are correct , shutter time....Delay time , something to that effect...Mine is set at "1" , that is one pic every second when the motion detector sees something move...If something runs by , you will not get a picture , just a picture of a empty field :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#30    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

I'll have to check up on this over time. I hope you can get something good, even if it is some pretty sweet shots of the local fauna! Imagine if you, on our own forum, caught the best image ever! Your toothy avatar would become a legend!!!!  :tu:

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users