Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 8 votes

Trail Camera Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#841    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postevancj, on 31 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Not far, maybe between 25 to 100 meters. That first group was on the other side of the ridge that I photographed them on. As I topped the ridge they were about 25 meters down slope laying in the snow. They started getting up and I back peddled pretty quick the way I came. They topped the ridged looked at me and proceeded to move up to higher ground.

They are like moose they have no fear of people, just as long as you give them respect and space they don't show much interest in people and get on with doing their own thing.

I still consider that very brave of you!

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#842    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Brave? :blush: Gosh...not me. :blush: Just stupid is all.

#843    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm glad we get to enjoy the fruits of your stupidity! :P

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#844    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• I am a loose piece of the universe that has become aware momentarily.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I'm definately following this--great topic, Sakari. Love your pictures, evancj. I love seeing the coons, fox, yotes, deer, & elk that you are all catching on camera. I should save up for a trail cam. I would love to see the foxes that I hear yipping and screaming (they make the weirdest noises, especially in January and February) in my valley just below my house. Keep this thread alive, and thanks!

#845    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 December 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I'm glad we get to enjoy the fruits of your stupidity! :P

I'm glad at least someone can take some joy in my potential death and or dismemberment. :yes:

#846    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 31 December 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

I'm definately following this--great topic, Sakari. Love your pictures, evancj. I love seeing the coons, fox, yotes, deer, & elk that you are all catching on camera. I should save up for a trail cam. I would love to see the foxes that I hear yipping and screaming (they make the weirdest noises, especially in January and February) in my valley just below my house. Keep this thread alive, and thanks!

Welcome Catti,

Welcome to UM. Thank you for the nice comment. I would love to see some photos from your neck of the woods Pennsylvania is a very beautiful place. We don't care if they are from a trail camera or not, so post em if you got um.

#847    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I decided to go up to the foothills above my house today to see what I could see. I apologize for the low quality photos but if was getting dark when I took these.

Some nice bucks, a 4 point, and a 2 point.

2013-01-01 EastCanyon 161.JPG

#848    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

A young bull moose.

2013-01-01 EastCanyon 183.JPG

#849    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

A couple of large bull elk up on the mountain side, it was pretty much dark when I saw these guys so the photo is not that great.

2013-01-01 EastCanyon 201.JPG

#850    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Evancj  :nw:  :tsu:

I really need to get out more.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#851    j b

j b

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

View Postevancj, on 02 January 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

A young bull moose.

Attachment 2013-01-01 EastCanyon 183.JPG
there's that moose stare you down look.  its kinda intimidating

great pictures evancj :tu:

Edited by j b, 02 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

#852    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Here's a red fox trotting through the yard from last February, 2012--I'll get more pictures as they come around at the end of this month and throughout this Feb. That's the peak of their mating (and fighting, screaming, trilling, and calling) season here. I couldn't figure out what animal was making the sounds until I looked up fox calls on You Tube and found these great examples--the Gekkering is the strangest noise.

This fox has got some mange on it's tail--it was a rough summer here last year, and there were lots of skin problems on the wildlife. He looks pretty healthy, otherwise.

Attached Thumbnails

• feb2012.jpg
  • feb2012.2.jpg

#853    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,778 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Very nice shots catti,

Thank you for posting them. I love red foxes. I like all the different color phases they have. Around here we seem to get a lot of very light orange to grey phase foxes. In Washington I saw quite a few black phase foxes. What color phases do you see in PA?

#854    Catti-Brie

Catti-Brie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks! We have both reds and grays, but I see red fox around here because I have the habitat they like best: farmland and rolling hills. I've spotted a completely silver 'red' fox that didn't look very red at all, but had the white tipped tail. The red's coat can vary greatly--from bright true orange to a black undercoat tipped with red. I love seeing the red fox in its melanistic (spelling?) phase where the legs and hind quarters are all black. Sometimes I can only tell the red and the grey fox apart by the red's white tipped tail.

I have never seen a cross fox in the wild, but I used to be a vet technician, and held one in my lap--gorgeous creature from Canada, white and silver with a black 'cross' streaked across her shoulders and down her back. She shouldn't have been a pet, I know, but it was an experience I won't forget.

Now, if only I could get a photo of the coyotes that have moved into my valley--they fascinate me. They are much bigger around here than out west (I lived in AZ for a littlewhile).

Edited by Catti-Brie, 03 January 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#855    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostCatti-Brie, on 03 January 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thanks! We have both reds and grays, but I see red fox around here because I have the habitat they like best: farmland and rolling hills. I've spotted a completely silver 'red' fox that didn't look very red at all, but had the white tipped tail. The red's coat can vary greatly--from bright true orange to a black undercoat tipped with red. I love seeing the red fox in its melanistic (spelling?) phase where the legs and hind quarters are all black. Sometimes I can only tell the red and the grey fox apart by the red's white tipped tail.

I have never seen a cross fox in the wild, but I used to be a vet technician, and held one in my lap--gorgeous creature from Canada, white and silver with a black 'cross' streaked across her shoulders and down her back. She shouldn't have been a pet, I know, but it was an experience I won't forget.

Now, if only I could get a photo of the coyotes that have moved into my valley--they fascinate me. They are much bigger around here than out west (I lived in AZ for a littlewhile).

Not sure if I posted the pic with a fawn and fox in same pic here....I know I posted the fox we have that hangs around about 4 moths out of the year...Miss the little guys, hope they are safe.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users