Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Subliminal Test

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    _Only

_Only

• 6,680 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Saw this tonight, and made enough of an impression for me to YouTube it. Try it out, then read my "spoiler" section afterwards. No need for a pen and paper; just use your mind (sorry to some, apparently it says not viewable in Guernsey, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey, or United Kingdom due to Channel 4 copyright junk).

Spoiler

Edited by Jerry Only, 08 June 2010 - 08:45 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#2    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

I didn't think of what most of them drew.

Edited by Blacksabbath, 08 June 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#3    nognome

nognome

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• there are no storybook romances No... fairy tale endings So before you run out to change the world,Ask yourself:
    What do you really want?

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

is this the same guy who told a boy he could turn day into night before he's very eyes,then made the boy fall asleep,changed his wrist watch and woke him up at night time?
i seen the robbie williams episode,i seriously thought he was a wanna be comedian..
magicians have been doing this stuff for centuries,admitting it is illusion and manipulated,.i thought of a dinosaur..a long neck dinosaur.so if anybody else imagined that when veiwing this,i may believe it..im guessing skeptics is the reason they chucked in the two wrong people

[i]We see the iceberg from 15 miles away
The captain orders the ship to "stay the course""Full speed ahead" shouts the accurst The next thing we heard was, "rich women and children first"The ship is listing, the captain's placing blame on the iceberg "That berg attacked us, I am declaring war on the Arctic"

#4    quiXilver

quiXilver

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

Interesting, I thought of a pyramid in flames.  Guess I won't be getting any subliminal cd's anytime soon.

Unknowingly, we plow the dust of stars, blown about us by the wind and drink the universe in a glass of rain. ~ Ihab Hassan
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. ~R. Buckminster Fuller
Just because you thought it, or felt it deeply, doesn't make it real, true or important.  Don't believe everything you think... ~ Creighton Larson
Everything you Love and Everything you Hate, come from the Same Source:  ~Creighton Larson

#5    _Only

_Only

• 6,680 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

View Postnognome, on 18 June 2010 - 04:59 AM, said:

is this the same guy who told a boy he could turn day into night before he's very eyes,then made the boy fall asleep,changed his wrist watch and woke him up at night time?
i seen the robbie williams episode,i seriously thought he was a wanna be comedian..
magicians have been doing this stuff for centuries,admitting it is illusion and manipulated,.i thought of a dinosaur..a long neck dinosaur.so if anybody else imagined that when veiwing this,i may believe it..im guessing skeptics is the reason they chucked in the two wrong people

It's lazy to say it's a setup. "

"At no point are actors or stooges used" is the disclaimer at the beginning of each of these episodes.

I thought of a flower, that's why I posted it. Was I a part of the setup??

Edited by Jerry Only, 19 June 2010 - 06:27 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#6    pixiii

pixiii

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

• Patefacio vestri mens quod praesumo somnio...
    Open your mind and dare to dream...

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Aah the power of suggestion and misdirection. Gosh I love Derren Brown! :tu:

My hubby and I have collected most of his shows as we find them very entertaining. There's quite a few where he goes into detail how he does all of it too. He's just fantastic!

I just watched the youtube vid but I see the one where he's asking about the 7 faces and having to pick one out. I don't see the one that you're talking about in your first post sorry? :unsure2:

#7    silentsinger

silentsinger

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:19 PM

I thought of a donkey  :blink:  but of course i didnt have that relaxation cd, so that might be why :P The room they are in also consists of such round curved shapes, that might explain why some of you guys see similar shapes.

#8    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:45 PM

I decided on an image before D. Brown instructed the group to allow the music to influence the image.

Spoiler

Edited by HDesiato, 20 June 2010 - 01:47 PM.

#9    Antimony

Antimony

Her Most Delicious Purpleness

• 1,537 posts

• It's a Pony!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

I don't think you can use this one test on here, Jerry. Darren Brown explained clearly that those people were not only selected for their suggestibility, but got to listen to that CD for a whole year.

So a couple of minutes will hardly do the trick.

I thought of a cloud, a white and fluffy cloud.

Posted Image
Claudine went to the Ladies to power her nose.

#10    Nims

Nims

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Not quick to believe nor quick to dispel.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Thought of a little girl with curly blonde hair.

Posted Image

The individual has to find an aspect of myth that relates to his own life.- Joseph Campbell

#11    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

An apple came into mind for me.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#12    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:58 PM

Well, like the video said, all of these people have already been listening to this subliminal melody so it was easier for their subconscious to pick up the image. Only two people got it wrong because they didn't like the melody and weren't listening to it as long as the others.

I guess the only reason the original poster got it right is because he is extremely good with translating thought from his subconscious mind or out of pure luck.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users