Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampires. Im Talking About The Real Kind

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    Skitz

Skitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:00 AM

For a start i dont want to talk to any of you people who think that because you sleep in a box, suck blood and hate garlic, your a vamp, your not.

The vamps im talkin about are the ones that look like normal people, psy vamps in a way, you drain energy from ppl instead of blood

im not a vamp, that i know of but a lot of vamps have said they reckon i mihgt be, but the all live in some other country so theyt wouldnt really know

LOVE LIFE, TRUST IN DEATH

#2    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:36 PM

SARCASIM DETECTOR ACTIVATED! PLEASE BEGIN TO TALK NOW:

#3    Me_Again

Me_Again

Psychic Spy

• 1,151 posts

• She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
    When she makin' love it's like surgery
    -Prince, 'I Love U In Me'

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:23 AM

I was a vampire in a past life, like the ones on Interview with a Vampire wub.gif  

Yellow Smiley offers me X
Like he's drinkin’ 7-Up
I would rather drink 6 razor blades
Razor blades from a paper cup
He can't understand, I say 2 tough
It's just that I've seen the future and, boy, it's rough
-Prince, 'The Future'

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:26 AM

*slaps forehead*

*repeatedly*

*hard*

#5    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:28 AM

I believe some people really are Vampires....

Well, they suck anyway..

As far as the undead or psychic kinds. No comment is really necesary..

#6    Skitz

Skitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:51 PM

Yeah, You All Think Im A Crazy <CENSORED> Dont Ya, To Bad

Hope Your Reality Turns Out Good

Vamps can drink blood, but the ones who do it just cause they like the taste are sik freaks

Edit: DON"T USE BAD WORDS!

Edited by Mentalcase, 12 July 2004 - 12:14 PM.

#7    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:43 PM

huh.gif   ^
     grin2.gif    

Ummmm.....yes rolleyes.gif  

#8    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• 1,536 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:51 PM

SARCASIM DETECTION RESULTS: 25% sarcasm detected -

ME AGAIN:
"I was a vampire in a past life, like the ones on Interview with a Vampire."
PERSONAL COMMENT: Of course.

#9    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,150 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Jul 8 2004, 08:26 PM)
*slaps forehead*

*repeatedly*

*hard*

LOL Burnsey I've done that myself on occasion laugh.gif

Dot

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#10    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Skitz @ Jul 9 2004, 05:51 AM)
Hope Your Reality Turns Out Good

My reality is just fine, thanks for asking.

Vampires in the classical sense are fictional beings, but like much fiction is based on a tiny grain of reality...As this has been covered in other threads ad infinitum I will leave it to you to use the search function to learn more about the medical conditions that inspire the classical concepts of a vampire.

As for psychic vampires, it is more of the same fiction. The term is commonly applied to people who are "draining" to be around. There is no psychic aspect to the matter; nothing magical or undead either. There are other terms applied to these same "draining" people, but none come to mind that are appropriate for this forum. (think: jack@ss)

There is a surprisingly large number of youths who consider vampires to be a very real thing, but then again kids are gullible that way.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#11    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

I know a lot of information on the lore that is vampires. I think they could be very real, weather sucking blood or draining energy. Just read the Vampire Encyclopedia  cool.gif  

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#12    SerenitysRiver

SerenitysRiver

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

• Lady Serenity of Moe, Goddess of Mongeese.
    Reflections are merely what we see in ourselves.

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jul 9 2004, 03:13 PM)
There is a surprisingly large number of youths who consider vampires to be a very real thing, but then again kids are gullible that way.

Well, there are an amazingly large number of people who believe that a God exists, yet they have never seen Him/Her/It and there is no scientific proof to prove their is a God. Does that mean they are simply gullible?

I'm not denying the existance of a Supreme Being. But saying someone is gullible just because they believe something you do not. . . .That's beyond logical skeptecism.

And, drawing from my research on vampires, there is a distinction between "real" vampires and the ones in fiction. "Real" vampires are humans. They are not the Undead. They do not have unbelievably superhuman powers. They simply live a different lifestyle than most do. Now, I know there are some out there who believe they are vampires and believe they can fly or their face morphs during the Thirst, or share other characteristics from fiction. In majority, though, they are simply "normal" people with an abnormal way of seeing themselves and the world around them.

Edited by SerenitysRiver, 09 July 2004 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image
"Just remember: Guns don't kill people; puppies kill people."-Fluffybunny
"Honors students are still evil human beings.... they're just better at it." - my teacher
"We do lots of interesting things in the locker room.... that sounded differently than it came out...." -Greg

#13    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:40 PM

How can you be a vampire in a past life? Vampires are immortal? They don't die...   blink.gif

And I have a question: if vampires suck blood up through their elongated canines, how come their blood doesn't drip out of them when they're not sucking blood? Or is it that they use their elongated canines to pierce the blood vessel and then ingest it in a 'normal' fashion?

Yes I've had wine...

whistling2.gif  

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#14    SerenitysRiver

SerenitysRiver

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

• Lady Serenity of Moe, Goddess of Mongeese.
    Reflections are merely what we see in ourselves.

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

I'm fairly certain they don't have hollow canines. . . .  I've heard that theory/interpretation/whatever many times, though, usually stated or asked with confusion. Vampires, in the traditional sense, bite their victims to puncture the skin and suck the blood into their mouths.

Again, that's more fictional than anything else, because most "real" vampires (see definition above) not not bite to get blood. They tend to use razors and many times their blood givers are willing doners.

And about being a reborn vampire. . . . .I'm not saying I believe in them, but immortality in cases such as vampires wouldn't stand in their way. Vampires are immortal, meaning they do not die of aging. They can be killed, though, and therefore CAN die. Anne Rice, I believe, allows her vampires to die by fire or by sunlight exposure. Therefore, if Me Again believes they are a reborn vampire, defined by the same laws created by Anne Rice in her fictional works, it would be possible. . . . . in the perameters of fiction, at least.

Edited by SerenitysRiver, 09 July 2004 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image
"Just remember: Guns don't kill people; puppies kill people."-Fluffybunny
"Honors students are still evil human beings.... they're just better at it." - my teacher
"We do lots of interesting things in the locker room.... that sounded differently than it came out...." -Greg

#15    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ Jul 9 2004, 12:40 PM)

How can you be a vampire in a past life? Vampires are immortal? They don't die...   blink.gif

And I have a question: if vampires suck blood up through their elongated canines, how come their blood doesn't drip out of them when they're not sucking blood? Or is it that they use their elongated canines to pierce the blood vessel and then ingest it in a 'normal' fashion?

Yes I've had wine...

whistling2.gif

Immortality does not grant invincibility; just the gift of never dying of old age. 'Vampires' can be slain just as a normal man can.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users