Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

moving objects with sound

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    jeceris

jeceris

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

• THERE AIN'T NO DEVIL, IT'S JUST GOD WHEN HE'S DRUNK- TOM WAITS

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:52 PM

i read once, can't remember where, about an explorer who was in the himilayas in the 17th or 18th century, and wrote about people who lived at the base of one mountain, moving large stones up the cliff side by placing a stone in a large convex bowl type of thing, then surrounding the bowl with horns, and making a sound that supposedly lifted these great stones into the air and up to the builders on the mountain top.
just wondering if anyone has heard about something like this, and if there are also stories of this relating to the building of the pyramids, and maybe stonhenge with this technique.
anyone?  

ottawa senators hockey

there was THIS year

#2    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:33 PM

You are talking about Sonic Levitation.

Here are some links about Sonic Levitation:

Sonic Levitation

Aero Acoustic Levitator - a machine that NASA uses.

Edited by Erikl, 08 July 2004 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#3    odinsgrl

odinsgrl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• And you're what? Shocked and disapointed? I'm evil.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:56 PM

Interesting post! Love the links, Erikl! Didn't know such things existed!

I love learning new things! thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

"What are they?"
"Blue demons, eat Christians alive. You're not a Christian are you?!"
Bors-King Arthur

#4    jeceris

jeceris

Psychic Spy

• 1,553 posts

• THERE AIN'T NO DEVIL, IT'S JUST GOD WHEN HE'S DRUNK- TOM WAITS

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:28 PM

thanks erik, that is the kind of stuff i'm looking for and would like to build one myself.
but to the second part of my inquiry, has anyone heard of some ancient civilization that has used sound, without electrictiy, to move objects.

ottawa senators hockey

there was THIS year

#5    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

I've never heard or tried this but i've moved objects while mediating. With my mind i mean. Not massive objects but objects hard to move.

#6    Pendekar Timur

Pendekar Timur

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:22 AM

.....man,it is very interesting....   rolleyes.gif  

PENDEKAR TIMUR
www.youtube.com/adipresley

#7    Mandaygo

Mandaygo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

I don't know about Ancient Civilizations, but some teenagers claimed to have seen a guy (I forget his name) lift large coral blocks by singing to them.  For more info on this look up Coral Castle in any search engine.

#8    STIX

STIX

Psychic Spy

• 1,791 posts

• The fact that threshold points exist and dictate matter suggests a pattern and layered geometry to the universe.

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:31 PM

I wonder if used this technique with harmonic frequencies what would happen?

#9    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:56 AM

Ive seen it on Minority report. Those wind or sound guns.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#10    hamellr

hamellr

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

• President of the Back in my day club

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:39 AM

In the Bible Joshua brought down the walls of Jericho after marching around it for something like 9 days while his army blasted horns. That and the marching of that many men probally destroyed the city walls pretty easily. Even though the walls were probally made of mud.

#11    neosnightmare

neosnightmare

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:50 AM

thats amazing how that guy was able to attract and repel the disc with simple sound waves. i got kind of confused though. what did a tesla coil had to do with the elevation. if this can be proven to be possible with a lot more weight and power, it can be used in all kinds of ways to enhance life as we know it.

#12    sourpatchkid

sourpatchkid

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

• Spelling stuff right is cool.

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:52 AM

In the Bible Joshua brought down the walls of Jericho after marching around it for something like 9 days while his army blasted horns. That and the marching of that many men probally destroyed the city walls pretty easily. Even though the walls were probally made of mud.

this was the topic is was going to bring up here. this is one of the only bible stories i believe to be real.( thank you to everyone who posted links)
Joshua and the Israelites brought downt the wall of Jericho by marching around it for 7 days, then playing there trumpets non-stop for 2 days.
This is how it works: If two people face eachother and play two notes 1/2 a step off of eachother (the recommended tone is f and F# for those who understand a musical scale) the result will be known as a resonant frequency. for those of you who dont know what that means, its the wa-wa-wa-wa-wa sound that hurts your ears. anyway, this is caused by the wavelengths of the particular notes colliding with eachother, given enough people and enough noise (say an entire army with trumpets) a resonant frequency can do a LOT  of damage. this effect can be severely multiplied. using again the Bible example if people on the west played F, people on the east played F#, people on the north played, say A and people on the south played A#, you would then create two resonant frequencies. the Tacoma Straits Bridge (look it up) is now known to have been destroyed by a resonant frequency in less than a day. while i dont necessarily agree with the whole opinion, try reading a book (its a little boring too) called "The Giza Powerplant" it talks about the natural harmonics of the world, while i dont know if it applies to the pyramids, it is definitely real. to answer your original question (in under a zillion words) i have never heard of this "technology" being used in a constructive manner, i had only known of its destructive power.
p.s. a little personal info, i am VERY INCREDIBLY interested in this topic, post more if you find anything you think is credible sources-thanks

[size=4][color=#FF0000]All your base are belong to us[color=#FF0000]

#13    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,837 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (DukeofNoodleness @ Jul 8 2004, 07:15 PM)
I've never heard or tried this but i've moved objects while mediating. With my mind i mean. Not massive objects but objects hard to move.

If you say so

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#14    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,571 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:32 AM

crazy to think about... how people can do the things they can do... i wonder how u can pick up a skill like this or even find it out!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#15    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:09 AM

I can move the pictures on the wall when I play my music real loud. And I don't even touch the pictures they just fall..... haha I'm just kidding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users