Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Could there be ghosts in this picture i took

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Lurking_in_the_shadows

Lurking_in_the_shadows

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• A life not lived is no life at all

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:19 AM

Will do so thumbsup.gif  

My heart is like this rose, Floating in a vast endless ocean searching for you, But now i know i will never find what i seek."

"How many times does death whisper in your ear....only once".

"Living by the truth, Dieing by the lies".

"Diamonds may be forever, Life is only temporaey".

'Yellow is the sun on a black night, White is the moon on a blue day"

#17    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:18 AM

Ummmm I just don't see it I kinda see a glare it looks like. But I don't really see a women. That house sure does look  somewhat haunted youknow like the houses in the scary movies.

#18    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 05:31 AM

Ok, as soon as i saw shadow's picture.. i saw the woman.. didn't need to read to find her or anything..

and for the 5th or 6th time, i got the feeling to run this image through some programs and see what's hidden beneath.

user posted image

this is a blow up of the area in question, swapped the red and green channels (meaning, just swapped all red color for green, and vise versa)

yep.. i still see it..

in case you don't..

user posted image

with that said, i moved on to find out what i was seeing.

user posted image

after a quick color swap... I don't see it anymore.  all i see is a broken area of the window, where some disresectful little twit put a rock through the window (all apologizes shadow, if it was you)

I still see the vertical streak that accented the figure, but i see nothing else.

After going back to the original image, (the second I've posted) I decided to try a Photoshop filter called "Trace contour" It basically highlights objects at a certain focal length.

after focusing on the "subject" i came up with
user posted image

Well.. now is see something, that looks somewhat like a human face, halfway hidden in shadow.   (at least through this filter)

so i decided a control image. (this is creepier then the pic of the house)
user posted image

I added shadows, and blured her a bit to compensate for the distance/glass..

user posted image

THAT looks like a human face!

Whatever is in the window... isn't the shade of a human. glare dirt, swamp gas.. venus.. call it what you will.. but it's no ghost.

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 10 July 2004 - 05:31 AM.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#19    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 15,144 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 10 July 2004 - 05:47 AM

That was pretty neat. The original picture was creepy Lurking in the Shadows but so was your control picture Hunter. Very cool.

Dot

"You cannot pass," he said. … "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

#20    earthygirl04

earthygirl04

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

• What this world needs is....
    "ME".... as President!!!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 07:16 AM

ohmy.gif  Ok, now that was Cool!!! Your really good at seaching deep into a picture hunterkiller2001!! Very interesting!! grin2.gif  

Posted Image
~Chase Your Own Stars, and Follow Your Own Path. ~         
Posted ImagePosted Image

~ My Little Corner of the Net ~

#21    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:24 PM

I should be Earthygirl..  I've been a graphic artist by trade for a few years..  going to college next month to learn 3d animation in it's fullest.  

Then hopefully, i can get a decent paying job, making video games...

btw earthygirl, welcome to the forums  thumbsup.gif  

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 10 July 2004 - 08:25 PM.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#22    wildrosetc

wildrosetc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 09:02 PM

I actually DID see something in the first picture - in the right top window, at the bottom right corner of the window pane - there was a "face" type thing - But ya - it COULD just be glare - though I could see the face AND the neckline of a dress....

rolleyes.gif Ok, it was prolly just glare!  grin2.gif

wildrosetc

#23    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:10 PM

actually, look at the blow up image i posted..

the "face" is just a piece of window thats missing

granted, that piece of missing glass is shaped just like a human head..

Maybe we have a case of glass people!

#24    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:27 PM

It is like a Rorshach (sp) test....you see what you think you see..... wacko.gif  

#25    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:46 PM

this is rather odd.. *shoots self in foot*

I was so focused on the figure I saw in the upper half of the window, that i didn't trace for the "head & neckline" that wildrosetc saw..

when i run it through the same filter, and focus on that "hole" i get something kinda odd..

attached..

Attached Images

• newtrace.jpg

#26    Lurking_in_the_shadows

Lurking_in_the_shadows

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• A life not lived is no life at all

Posted 10 July 2004 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (hunterkiller2001 @ Jul 10 2004, 12:31 AM)
Ok, as soon as i saw shadow's picture.. i saw the woman.. didn't need to read to find her or anything..

and for the 5th or 6th time, i got the feeling to run this image through some programs and see what's hidden beneath.

user posted image

this is a blow up of the area in question, swapped the red and green channels (meaning, just swapped all red color for green, and vise versa)

yep.. i still see it..

in case you don't..

user posted image

user posted image

after a quick color swap... I don't see it anymore.  all i see is a broken area of the window, where some disresectful little twit put a rock through the window (all apologizes shadow, if it was you)

I still see the vertical streak that accented the figure, but i see nothing else.

After going back to the original image, (the second I've posted) I decided to try a Photoshop filter called "Trace contour" It basically highlights objects at a certain focal length.

user posted image

Well.. now is see something, that looks somewhat like a human face, halfway hidden in shadow.   (at least through this filter)

user posted image

user posted image

Whatever is in the window... isn't the shade of a human. glare dirt, swamp gas.. venus.. call it what you will.. but it's no ghost.

OMG   that is going into some detailed picture finding  grin2.gif It may be no ghost but thank you for taking time and working on the picture original.gif

Edited by Lurking_in_the_shadows, 10 July 2004 - 10:51 PM.

My heart is like this rose, Floating in a vast endless ocean searching for you, But now i know i will never find what i seek."

"How many times does death whisper in your ear....only once".

"Living by the truth, Dieing by the lies".

"Diamonds may be forever, Life is only temporaey".

'Yellow is the sun on a black night, White is the moon on a blue day"

#27    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:12 PM

Hey those ^^^ pictures   are pretty cool! thumbsup.gif  

#28    Godly Being

Godly Being

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:11 AM

From those pictures..it almost looks as if there could be a face in the window.  Those are some nice pictures.

Edited by Godly Being, 11 July 2004 - 01:15 AM.

#29    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

The last one i posted..   looks like there could be eyes within that oval hole in the window..

then again.. who knows..

#30    smallpackage

smallpackage

This sentence will end now.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures.
    -Ron Paul

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (hunterkiller2001 @ Jul 10 2004, 06:31 AM)

user posted image

yep.. i still see it..

in case you don't..

user posted image

user posted image

after a quick color swap... I don't see it anymore.  all i see is a broken area of the window, where some disresectful little twit put a rock through the window (all apologizes shadow, if it was you)

user posted image

Well.. now is see something, that looks somewhat like a human face, halfway hidden in shadow.   (at least through this filter)

user posted image

user posted image

Ah nice, you beat me to it. I can see your a graphics person. original.gif

But what I was going to say is, I turned my screen brightness to max and that little spot on the window is still dark. I just don't get how that stayed dark while the rest of they image's lightness is almost white. So I kind of got they idea that it was photoshopped...but its pretty hard to pull that off, it just seems to into the picture. oh god I'm typing horribly, this asshole on msn is making me loose my trace of thought.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users