Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can You "Flip Around" the Field

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

• We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi Seranade and welcome to the forum.

It's great to hear you have experienced the VRI and can control it at will as well!

Here are a few other VRI threads you may be interested in:

http://www.unexplain...showtopic=82537

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=159285

http://teamikaria.co...topic.php?t=401

It would be great to hear more about your experiences with VRIs. :)

#32    Serenade

Serenade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi Hugh, thanks.
Well I could write a lot about my experiences but it's basically similar to what you describe. One day I suddenly discovered a new orientation while at home and found it exciting, so I continued to experiment with it everywhere I went. I liked the thrill of discovering 'unfamiliar' places in places that would normally be familiar, for me it was like taking a break from reality. I didn't know what on earth they were at the time so I used to call them 'atmospheres' before I recently found out about VRI's.

The way I describe it is like being in a whole new world, and there are 4 of them. I always wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing or if I was going crazy. I find they produce different past memories which I can only access if I switch to the orientation I was in at the time, eventually I found that frustrating and stopped. Also by switching, I have uncovered particular childhood memories that I hadn't known existed.
It is my theory that everyone has most likely 'flipped' before and have the ability to do so (particularly in cinemas and shopping centres), but only a few have consciously discovered it.

#33    Pascal0038

Pascal0038

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hi Serenade and Hugh

I have been searching the name for VRIs for years, first in french, then in english - but it was not easy to make google understand what I was looking for. I'll try to make understandable english sentences :)

As far as I remember, I have always experienced VRIs - I can sometimes controle them in very common places that really exists with multiple orientation (roads, hotel rooms, subway stations, theater...). Places that I know since a long time can be reoriented with 3 or 4 differents ways - that's a mystery for me : each event in the past is associated with an orientation, that is not always the same, but I don't remember having been disoriented...

But I can not easily "create" and "keep" new orientations (which I haven't experienced in the past, except as I said in similar places). When I enter a new environnement, I memorize what is for me the exact orientation... that can be what I call the "good one", but if I get disoriented because for example of spiral staicase, I can have a reverted orientation inside a building, or in a whole town.
Of course I can get the good orientation for a short time, when looking outside and forcing my mind to keep oriented, but the first representation remains the main one and come back very quickly. Many places have for me "noth on the opposite direction".

What is interesting too is that everything has a "main orientation", often without having any orientation clue (movie scenes, dreams, events described by someone else)

thanks for sharing your experience, I already tried to made it in french, but its the first time I'm sure I'm not alone !

#34    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostSerenade, on 12 September 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Hi Hugh, thanks.
Well I could write a lot about my experiences but it's basically similar to what you describe. One day I suddenly discovered a new orientation while at home and found it exciting, so I continued to experiment with it everywhere I went. I liked the thrill of discovering 'unfamiliar' places in places that would normally be familiar, for me it was like taking a break from reality. I didn't know what on earth they were at the time so I used to call them 'atmospheres' before I recently found out about VRI's.

The way I describe it is like being in a whole new world, and there are 4 of them. I always wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing or if I was going crazy. I find they produce different past memories which I can only access if I switch to the orientation I was in at the time, eventually I found that frustrating and stopped. Also by switching, I have uncovered particular childhood memories that I hadn't known existed.
It is my theory that everyone has most likely 'flipped' before and have the ability to do so (particularly in cinemas and shopping centres), but only a few have consciously discovered it.

Interesting word for them, "atmospheres", yes, I can relate to that. :)

Also, I share similar thoughts about VRIs too. :)

#35    Hugh

Hugh

Psychic Spy

• 1,215 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostPascal0038, on 24 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Hi Serenade and Hugh

I have been searching the name for VRIs for years, first in french, then in english - but it was not easy to make google understand what I was looking for. I'll try to make understandable english sentences :)

As far as I remember, I have always experienced VRIs - I can sometimes controle them in very common places that really exists with multiple orientation (roads, hotel rooms, subway stations, theater...). Places that I know since a long time can be reoriented with 3 or 4 differents ways - that's a mystery for me : each event in the past is associated with an orientation, that is not always the same, but I don't remember having been disoriented...

But I can not easily "create" and "keep" new orientations (which I haven't experienced in the past, except as I said in similar places). When I enter a new environnement, I memorize what is for me the exact orientation... that can be what I call the "good one", but if I get disoriented because for example of spiral staicase, I can have a reverted orientation inside a building, or in a whole town.
Of course I can get the good orientation for a short time, when looking outside and forcing my mind to keep oriented, but the first representation remains the main one and come back very quickly. Many places have for me "noth on the opposite direction".

What is interesting too is that everything has a "main orientation", often without having any orientation clue (movie scenes, dreams, events described by someone else)

thanks for sharing your experience, I already tried to made it in french, but its the first time I'm sure I'm not alone !

Hi Pascal, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like we have had a similar experience with VRIs. I too have a "normal" way that I see any particular space (one out of the four that are available), and my mind will automatically turn back to it because I am the most comfortable there. It is fun to turn everything around to each of the other 3 orientations just by thinking it isn't it?

My memories are all linked to the orientation of the space that I was in as well.

When you say in some places, the normal North is in the opposite direction I have the same experience as well... this involves a 180 degree VRI. Some spaces have a normal North in a 90 degree turned around orientation instead.

I saw your comment in the Radiolab episode "You Are Here" at: http://www.radiolab....5/you-are-here/

Sharon Roseman, who is the subject of that episode, is a moderator at the forum at http://gettinglost.ca/, and there are others who have talked about their VRI experiences on there too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users