Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Next 2012

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

View PostJavril, on 21 June 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi

We've lived through Y2K, The Killer Bees, and a bunch of others and we'll live through 2012; so what is next? What will be the next big panic? What will get everyone all hot and bothered? What are they going to change the name of this forum to? Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or favorites?

I will not debate 2012 with anybody so please don't try; there are more than enough threads about it so don't talk about it here.  

Jav

2199 when we realized that we are in the Matrix.

#17    SRCivic98

SRCivic98

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

• When being pushed to the limits. Killing is just as easy as breathing.

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:21 AM

the next 2012 is when they outlaw alcohol again and then tell everyone that they can only have Marijuana for a mind altering substance. Then they'll outlaw all adult magazines and movies because it destroys society's way of like, then tax everyone for walking because when we breath we exspell carbon dioxide.

LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH PRIDE - PERSONAL MOTTO

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME - SNAKE PLISKIN IN ESCAPE FROM LA

ONCE ALL THINGS ARE ELIMATED, WHAT REMAINS, NO MATTER HOW IMPROBIBABLE IT MAY SEEM, MUST BE THE TRUTH - SHERLOCK HOLMES

#18    SAmbag

SAmbag

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

View PostJavril, on 21 June 2010 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi

We've lived through Y2K, The Killer Bees, and a bunch of others and we'll live through 2012; so what is next? What will be the next big panic? What will get everyone all hot and bothered? What are they going to change the name of this forum to? Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or favorites?

I will not debate 2012 with anybody so please don't try; there are more than enough threads about it so don't talk about it here.  

Jav

I met a guy some years back who said that through his and his friend's 'extensive research' he concluded that the year might be off by about 8 years, so 2020 is the real date that Nibiru will be coming by.  This guy was heavily into Sitchen and ancient alien theory.  Like heavily.  He introduced me to the bulk of the ancient alien nonsense actually.

If I remember, his reasoning was that in Planet X's 3600 year orbit the last time that it passed by was evidenced by the sun standing still during the Egyptian plagues or something or other.  So I'll play devil's advocate and say 2020.

#19    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,109 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

2030s new 2012 as technically they are 2000 years after Christ's death or something...

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#20    Nims

Nims

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Not quick to believe nor quick to dispel.

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger will show up naked in a field of electric impulses and start looking for Sarah Connors. :w00t:

Seriously though, I'd be worried about a new pandemic.

Love your sig gif jesspy.  Funny!

Posted Image

The individual has to find an aspect of myth that relates to his own life.- Joseph Campbell

#21    Mr Meowgi

Mr Meowgi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

What about the solar storms predicted for 2013?

I think that would be the most likeliest scenario.

#22    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostMr Meowgi, on 24 June 2010 - 01:10 AM, said:

I'll have my umbrella ready.

#23    Mr Meowgi

Mr Meowgi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

View Postwolfram&hart12345, on 24 June 2010 - 01:41 AM, said:

I'll have my umbrella ready.

That must be some umbrella you have there. :P

#24    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

View PostMr Meowgi, on 24 June 2010 - 01:10 AM, said:

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#25    Mr Meowgi

Mr Meowgi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 24 June 2010 - 06:34 AM, said:

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

Thanks, that's just what I was suggesting as the most likeliest scenario, when compared to most of the other tripe floating around.

I agree, solar storms only threaten our electronics. What concerns me is, how people would react after such an occurance. Worst case scenario, it could get very ugly.

#26    Javril

Javril

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

View PostMr Meowgi, on 24 June 2010 - 09:23 AM, said:

Thanks, that's just what I was suggesting as the most likeliest scenario, when compared to most of the other tripe floating around.

I agree, solar storms only threaten our electronics. What concerns me is, how people would react after such an occurance. Worst case scenario, it could get very ugly.

That is very true. It does not matter if there is an actual threat, just the perception of a threat.

This has been an interesting exercise so far; It's nice to see the different opinions about the future.

Jav

Edited by Javril, 24 June 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#27    Dougal

Dougal

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:50 PM

Sarah and John Connor jumping about history have messed up the time line a bit, but I think we can all agree that the next big disaster will be judgement day....

Damn you Skynet...DAMNN YOUUU

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.

#28    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,669 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Next big panic?  (Who's panicking about 2012?)

Overpopulation is kinda....meh.....a big war or a pandemic sorts that out.

I predict a Zombie Uprising.  It will then be survival of the fastest.

#29    danieljames1992

danieljames1992

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

this thing cracks me up, there is no end of the world.

the world ends when the sun dies or the earths crust just goes berserk.

if i was to want something happen, it would be like the flood from halo taking over every one then destroying the world like on halo legends(little short film), im a game nut so yeah.

#30    Druidus-Logos

Druidus-Logos

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

View PostEldorado, on 01 July 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:

Next big panic?  (Who's panicking about 2012?)

Overpopulation is kinda....meh.....a big war or a pandemic sorts that out.

I predict a Zombie Uprising.  It will then be survival of the fastest.

Sounds like you have no real idea how bad overpopulation can/will be.  If you'd care to discuss it, PM me sometime, I have a feeling you might find it intriguing.

~I am a dark melody of chaos and order, a shadowed figure painted upon the heavens of dusk.~
Censorship has always been used as a tool to subjugate minority ideas, regardless of validity.  Used to delegitimize certain points of view.  This kind of arbitary censorship will always be an injustice to humanity; it tries to brush ideas under the rug.  It forces the adoption of certain mainstream views, making it impossible to teach, learn, or speak about ideas that the censors disagree with.  This will always be unethical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users