Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#10471    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostKnul, on 25 February 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

The date is December 18th, which is not the name date of Hidde, etc., but of Winibald, Gatien, Basiliaan: Vinebaud, Winbald, Wineboud; Gertjan, Gratiaan, Gratien; Bas, Basiel, Basilien
s. http://nl.wikipedia....agen_-_december

Read what Van Gorp posted, ok?

About the interpretation of that date?

I am sure he is right ( I did check it, heh), and I am sure you never even bothered to read his post about that date.

Sure, I believe Van Gorp when he says he can read Latin, I believe he knows how to interpret those dates.

Why should he lie about that?

Edited by Abramelin, 25 February 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#10472    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,888 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

I was researching something else but came across the mention that W. Bruce Masse saying c. 2200BC for the impact as well as 3 other dates. Alewyn said he said that but it appeared he had said 2800BC so...

This is what I first was interested in and then noticed the date of 2200BC:

According to Maltese reseacrher Anton Mifsud, a large land bridge between Malta and the nearby island of Filfla cataclysmically collapsed, generating giant waves that flooded the whole archipeligo and brought about the end of Neolithic life on Malta. Traces of major faulting in the submarine Pantelleria Rift, upon which both islands sit, have been dated to 2200BC.

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10473    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 26 February 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

The book title: "Survivors of Atlantis: their impact on the world"
Sounds like the auther would have read the OLB...

#10474    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 February 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

I will bet there are Germans, Dutch, Scots, Brits, South Africans, Americans, and even Chinese who know what I am hinting at.
Let's be more specific, as the theological aspect of the dossier is actually interesting.

Jensma wrote his thesis for the theological faculty, and 3 'suspects' (not IMO) had studied theology: Haverschmidt, Verwijs and Halberstsma.

OLB was known in Germany as 'Himmler's Bible'.

People have suggested it was written to challenge the authority of the Bible, or to parody a 19th C. religious conflict.

So, what in your opinion are the most 'dangerous' fragments of the OLB?

#10475    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

Oeralindaboek inspiratie voor Friese taal game voor kinderen.

(OLB inspiration for Frisian language game for children)

http://www.hallofrys...riese_taal_game

#10476    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,888 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostOtharus, on 26 February 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Yes, more than likely - it's mentioned as another cataclysm at that date, but I don't see how that is relevant anyway, there is an endless list of 2200BC disasters and he has included one mentioned in the OLB book in the whole listing.

Also Masse mentioned 4 dates closer to 2194BC than 2800BC like I was under the impression he had.

Edited by The Puzzler, 26 February 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#10477    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,888 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

http://espace.librar...ase=GEN01-ERA02

The co-occurrence of a sharp dust peak, low lake levels, forest reduction, and ice retreat at ca. 4-kyr BP throughout tropical Africa and West Asia have been widely explained as the effect of an abrupt climate change. The detailed study of soils and archaeological records provided evidence to re-interpret the 4 kyr BP dust event linked rather to the fallback of an impact-ejecta, but not climate change. Here we aim to further investigate the exceptional perturbation of the soil-landscapes widely initiated by the 4 kyr BP dust event. Results are based on soil data from the eastern Khabur basin (North-East Syria), the Vera Basin (Spain), and the lower Moche Valley (West Peru) compared with a new study at the reference site of Ebeon (West France). The quality of the 4 kyr BP dust signal and the related environmental records are investigated through a micromorphological study of pedo-sedimentary micro-fabrics combined with SEM-microprobe, mineralogical, and geochemical analyses.

In the four regions studied, the intact 4 kyr BP signal is identified as a discontinuous burnt soil surface with an exotic dust assemblage assigned to the distal fallout of an impact-ejecta. Its unusual two-fold micro-facies is interpreted as (1) flash heating due to pulverization of the hot ejecta cloud at the soil surface, and (2) high energy deflation caused by the impact-related air blast. Disruption of the soil surface is shown to have been rapidly followed by a major de-stabilisation of the soil cover. Local factors and regional settings have exerted a major control on the timing, duration, and magnitude of landscape disturbances. Studies showed how a high quality signal allows to discriminate the short-term severe landscape disturbances linked to the exceptional 4 kyr BP dust event from more gradual environmental changes triggered by climate shift at the same time.

I copied that info from another forum: http://scienceforums...t-new-evidence/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be fair, this was a retort:

The following was posted on the Cambridge Conference Network (24 September 1999).

The soil analysis of Courty [1998]. Courty reports the absence of the materials usually associated with a cosmic impact: this is evidence against such an impact. (M.A. Courty [private comm.] has agreed that a possible explanation for her data--which shows intense burn - is an eruption whose ejecta contained oil/gas; no other credible explanation has been suggested, as far as I know.)
...This obviously does not mean that there wasn't a climate-perturbing cosmic impact c. 4000 BP. I believe, though, that there is no evidence available specifically for such an event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A late edit: If the OLB event occurred it could be the Corded Ware culture that is the Magyar led group, since they do have STONE axes and the date matches.

The beginning of the Late Neolithic Period about 2200 BC is characterized by the appearance of the Corded Ware culture, pottery with corded decoration and well-polished stone axes (s.c. boat-shape axes). Evidence of agriculture is provided by charred grain of wheat on the wall of a corded-ware vessel found in Iru settlement. Osteological analysis show an attempt was made to domesticate the wild boar.

Edited by The Puzzler, 26 February 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#10478    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostOtharus, on 26 February 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

He did: just enter "Linda".

FrankJoseph.jpg

Edited by Abramelin, 26 February 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#10479    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 February 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Read what Van Gorp posted, ok?

About the interpretation of that date?

I am sure he is right ( I did check it, heh), and I am sure you never even bothered to read his post about that date.

Sure, I believe Van Gorp when he says he can read Latin, I believe he knows how to interpret those dates.

Why should he lie about that?

Sure I have read his post. You probably do not know that I studied Classical languages (Latin and Greek) as well. So I know about the Roman dates. But alas, in this case it is not a Roman date, but a mediaeval date expressed in Latin. Even van Gorp must acknowledge this fact. Mediaeval dates should not be recalculated like Roman dates. December is December and not November, 18 is 18 and not 14. Roman years had 10 months, mediaeval years 12 months like we have.

#10480    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 25 February 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

I do know about those references, and I have posted about them many times.

What's been written about "Gosa" in the OLB, or what she's supposed to have said, is like quotes from the Bible.

____

You don't really get any word from what I post, eh?

I will bet there are Germans, Dutch, Scots, Brits, South Africans, Americans, and even Chinese who know what I am hinting at.

But you do not have the faintest clue.

Obviously you don't know anything about theology.

#10481    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostKnul, on 25 February 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

The date is December 18th, which is not the name date of Hidde, etc., but of Winibald, Gatien, Basiliaan: Vinebaud, Winbald, Wineboud; Gertjan, Gratiaan, Gratien; Bas, Basiel, Basilien
s. http://nl.wikipedia....agen_-_december

The date according to Van Gorp but also to the Groninger Archives is November 14th. I first thought someone had made a huge mistake, but Van Gorp showed how to calculate the true date.

And those name dates are no longer of any relevance, I know that now.

Even November 17th is 3 days off from that date of November 14th:

http://en.wikipedia....Hilda_of_Whitby

Edited by Abramelin, 26 February 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#10482    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostKnul, on 26 February 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Obviously you don't know anything about theology.

This is what I responded to:

View PostKnul, on 25 February 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

There are many references to the Christian Bible in the OLB, but that does not make it a sacred text.

Whatever made you think I suggested it is a sacred text?

#10483    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 26 February 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

He did: just enter "Linda".

Attachment FrankJoseph.jpg
This Frank Joseph is worse than Tony Steal (if that is even possible).

Four untruths in one sentence!!!

"The Oera Linda Bok (The Book of What Happened in the Old Time) is a compilation of ancient Frisian oral histories transcribed for the first time in 1256 c.e. by an anonymous author..."

#10484    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Another 'famous' Okko :

Nederlandse watervloeden, of naukeurige beschrijvinge van alle watervloeden - Simon Abbes Gabbema,Tobias Gutberleth

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

OKKO aka AKKA PG 401:

OKKO_WILLIBRORD.jpg

The text says he's one of Willibrord's 'fellow brothers' ("medebroeders"), and of course 'friars' is meant here.

Edited by Abramelin, 26 February 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#10485    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

For the record:

The Swedish word for "queen" - "drottning" - is related to the Oldfrisian word "drochten".

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drottning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druhtinaz