Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#10966    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 April 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

It looks abit like FRY to me, on the ripped attached part - frymin? my free forefathers?

frymin ethel

freemy forefathers - my free forefathers

No, the piece of paper in the corner is totally gone: what you think you see is the next page.

+++

EDIT:

Now I am doubting: this correction - it looks like a complete page has been glued on the back -  doesn't make any sense at all. The final word in that sentence can not be "skrêven".

Anyway, whoever tried to restore that page did a very sloppy job.

Or it is part of one of those lost pages?


.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.


#10967    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,806 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 April 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

No, the piece of paper in the corner is totally gone: what you think you see is the next page.

+++

EDIT:

Now I am doubting: this correction - it looks like a complete page has been glued on the back -  doesn't make any sense at all. The final word in that sentence can not be "skręven".

.
lol I think you are right in that it is the page behind it.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10968    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 April 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

lol I think you are right in that it is the page behind it.

But this IS the next page:

http://images.tresoa...hp?p=146&pm=212

Lol, you see the right corner on top?

.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 April 2012 - 01:45 PM.


#10969    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,806 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

The strange thing is, on knuls photocopies, at least, page 100.44 does not seem to have those FRY letters at the start...which would be behind it, you would think, if the pages are in order..

http://www.rodinbook.nl/olbscans.html

--------------

Yes Abe, I do see it. hmmm

Edited by The Puzzler, 09 April 2012 - 01:46 PM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10970    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 April 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

The strange thing is, on knuls photocopies, at least, page 100.44 does not seem to have those FRY letters at the start...which would be behind it, you would think, if the pages are in order..

http://www.rodinbook.nl/olbscans.html

--------------

Yes Abe, I do see it. hmmm

Yeah, you'r right: http://www.rodinbook...-web-xlarge.jpg

Those letters should show up very clearly.

???


#10971    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,806 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

The word does look like screven that you said would not be imo.

Only EVEN is on the 2nd line in that word.

Weird hey, what could that page be behind it?

Edited by The Puzzler, 09 April 2012 - 02:15 PM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10972    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,806 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 April 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:


But if you look at the original page in the manuscript here:

http://images.tresoa...hp?p=145&pm=212

... then it is clear there was some word before MIN or some letters attached to MIN.

Every page of the manuscript tends to start in the upper-lefthand corner.

All I can come up with right now, is this:

Samin/Semin= together (DU: samen)  (or Tosemin (DU: tesamen) , but there is no space for 4 extra letters)

http://www.koeblerge...ch/afries-S.pdf
http://www.koeblerge...ch/afries-T.pdf

But that sounds even worse, lol.

.
I see a word in the text - on page 100.44 last word, line 7 down - BIMIN - maybe it was that... just the word I mean, not that part of the page behind it.

Edited by The Puzzler, 09 April 2012 - 02:07 PM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10973    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

From the website of the publisher of the Southafrican translation of the OLB, by Adriaan Snyman (1998):

( http://vaandel.co.za/?page_id=12 , underlinings by me )

"Tydens 'n Volkekundige Kongres in Parys, Frankryk, het 'n taalkenner uit Istanboel die kongreslede laat regop sit toe hy aan die hand van Die Oera Linda Boek 'bewys' het dat Afrikaans se wortels direk na hierdie ou beskawing teruggevoer kan word."

translated:

"At an ethnological congress in Paris, a language expert from Istanbul shook up the Congress members when he used the book to 'prove' that the roots of the Dutch-Afrikan language can directly be traced back to this ancient civilization."

=> Can anyone tell me who this Turkish language expert might have been?


#10974    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,806 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image
I would argue that zone of influence of Frisians in fact correlates with spread of clade U-106 of haplogroup R1b

and also, talking about how the Franks claimed a Trojan heritage...
in fact, in Serbia name for Franks seems to have been Fruzi (Frug for singular), which is very alike to word for Phrygia


The mountain's name derives from the old Serbian name for the Frankish people: Fruzi (sing. Frug; adj. Fruški). The literal translation of "Fruška Gora" would be "the Frankish Mountain". It received this name due to its function as a natural border during Frankish campaigns. During the time of the Roman Empire, its name was Alma Mons ("Fertile Mount").

Thus, Franks might indeed origin from Phrygians
By similarity of tribal name Frisians might as well origin from Phryigians

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Fruska_gora

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#10975    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

View PostOtharus, on 09 April 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

From the website of the publisher of the Southafrican translation of the OLB, by Adriaan Snyman (1998):

( http://vaandel.co.za/?page_id=12 , underlinings by me )

"Tydens 'n Volkekundige Kongres in Parys, Frankryk, het 'n taalkenner uit Istanboel die kongreslede laat regop sit toe hy aan die hand van Die Oera Linda Boek 'bewys' het dat Afrikaans se wortels direk na hierdie ou beskawing teruggevoer kan word."

translated:

"At an ethnological congress in Paris, a language expert from Istanbul shook up the Congress members when he used the book to 'prove' that the roots of the Dutch-Afrikan language can directly be traced back to this ancient civilization."

=> Can anyone tell me who this Turkish language expert might have been?

I remember you (??) posted that line in a YouTube video about the OLB.

I asked then, you ask now, and no one seems to know. I know I googled every possible line in Dutch and English, but found nothing. Maybe it's in some report of that congress, but not online.


#10976    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 April 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Weird hey, what could that page be behind it?
That is page 125.
Weird indeed.


#10977    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Posted Image
I would argue that zone of influence of Frisians in fact correlates with spread of clade U-106 of haplogroup R1b

and also, talking about how the Franks claimed a Trojan heritage...
in fact, in Serbia name for Franks seems to have been Fruzi (Frug for singular), which is very alike to word for Phrygia


The mountain's name derives from the old Serbian name for the Frankish people: Fruzi (sing. Frug; adj. Fruški). The literal translation of "Fruška Gora" would be "the Frankish Mountain". It received this name due to its function as a natural border during Frankish campaigns. During the time of the Roman Empire, its name was Alma Mons ("Fertile Mount").

Thus, Franks might indeed origin from Phrygians
By similarity of tribal name Frisians might as well origin from Phryigians

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Fruska_gora

Wouldn't it be nice if a really dark-blue area showed in the Punjab?

Btw, this is the link to the post you quoted:

http://www.eupedia.c...s-and-Galatians

.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 April 2012 - 03:23 PM.


#10978    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostOtharus, on 09 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

That is page 125.
Weird indeed.

So someone from "Tresoar" took 2 out-of-sequence pages from the manuscript, and then made a photo of them lying on top of eachother??

And Knul's scan of the same page 143 doesn't show those extra letters.

+++++

EDIT:

Otharus, what does Jensma say about that page 143? Or can you post a scan of his transliteration of that page?

.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 April 2012 - 03:29 PM.


#10979    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 April 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I remember you (??) posted that line in a YouTube video about the OLB.

I asked then, you ask now, and no one seems to know. I know I googled every possible line in Dutch and English, but found nothing. Maybe it's in some report of that congress, but not online.
Yes that was one of my videos, I took it offline for it's not good enough.

Perhaps Alewyn can ask Snyman?

Or Snyman, if you read this, why don't you tell us?

~ ~ ~

It would be great to have some input from someone who knows something of the South- and West-Mediterranean languages and traditions.

"Adel" seems to be an Arab name too!

Adel Mohammed Abd Almagid Abdel Bary (Egypt) http://en.wikipedia....Adel_Abdel_Bary
Adil (Adel) Abdul-Mahdi (al Muntafiki) (Iraq) http://en.wikipedia....dil_Abdul-Mahdi
Adel Emam (Egypt) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adel_Emam
Adel Taarabt (Marocco) http://en.wikipedia....ki/Adel_Taarabt


#10980    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,121 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostOtharus, on 09 April 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Yes that was one of my videos, I took it offline for it's not good enough.

Perhaps Alewyn can ask Snyman?

Or Snyman, if you read this, why don't you tell us?

~ ~ ~

It would be great to have some input from someone who knows something of the South- and West-Mediterranean languages and traditions.

"Adel" seems to be an Arab name too!

Adel Mohammed Abd Almagid Abdel Bary (Egypt) http://en.wikipedia....Adel_Abdel_Bary
Adil (Adel) Abdul-Mahdi (al Muntafiki) (Iraq) http://en.wikipedia....dil_Abdul-Mahdi
Adel Emam (Egypt) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adel_Emam
Adel Taarabt (Marocco) http://en.wikipedia....ki/Adel_Taarabt


Adel (also transliterated as Adil, Arabic: عادل‎) is an Arabic male name that is derived from the Arabic word Adl, which means fairness and justice. It is commonly used in Muslim countries, and sometimes used by Coptic Christians throughout the Middle East. It is not to be confused with the similar female name Adele, which has a different pronunciation, although rarely it may appear without the "e" on the end.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Adel_(name)