Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#11086    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostOtharus, on 14 April 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

niflung - neveling - nephilim ('giants')

nothing aliens or sons of the gods, just some tall people from the foggy north
I will go even further.

Hettema Oldfrisisan dictionary (1874):
Posted Image
jahweder, iahwelik, jawelic, iahuelc, iahuelkre = every

every = all

[004/18]
THIU MODER ÀND JAHWELIK BURCH.FÁM SKIL HÀVA ...
[O+S p.9]
De moeder en elke burgtmaagd zal hebben ...
that every Volksmoeder [the Mother] and every Burgtmaagd [burgh-matron] shall have ...

[010/11]
SAHWERSA HJU.T DÉDE. WÉRE.T TO JAHWELIKIS NOT
[O+S p.17]
wanneer zij het deed, was het tot nut van iedereen
when she did it it was for the general use [=> to everyone's need]

[033/18]
TO THA LESTA KLÀPPATH HJA SLÁVONA.BANDA OM JAHWELIKES FRYA HALS
[O+S p.49]
ten laatste sluiten zij slavenbanden om een ieders vrijen hals
at last [they] throw the bonds of slavery over every freeman's neck [=> around everyone's free neck]

[036/17]
HI WIL. ÁK THÀT JAHWEDER FRY SY ÀND WIS WRDE
[O+S p.53]
hij wil ook dat iedereen vrij zij en wijs worde
[he also wants] that all should be free and wise

[041/14]
JAHWÉDER JONG KERDEL ÁCH EN BRUD TO SÉKA
[O+S p.59]
Ieder jong man behoort eene bruid te zoeken [=> iedere jonge kerel]
Every young man ought to seek a bride

[057/24]
THÉR ÀFTER MACHT JAHWÉDER KIASA HWAM ER FOLGJA WILDE
[O+S p.81]
Daarna mocht ieder kiezen, wien hij volgen wilde
[after that] Every man could choose which he pleased

[066/06]
JAHWEDER TOCHTE THÀT HJU INNA LOGHA OMKVMA MOSTE
[O+S p.93]
iedereen meende dat zij in de vlammen moest omkomen
they [everyone] thought she must be killed in the flames

[102/27]
THAT ER JAHWEDER ÁGEBLIK WIXLATH
[O+S p.141]
dat hij ieder oogenblik wisselt
that he changes every minute [=> literally every 'blink-of-the-eye']

[122/17]
JAHWÉDER STAND RÉD VMB SÉ TO KJASANE
[O+S p.167]
ieder stond gereed om zee te kiezen
we were all [stood] ready to cast ourselves into the [choose] sea

[123/26]
THÉRNÉI SKIL JAHWEDER SÁ FÜL GOLD KRÉJA AS.ER BÉRA MÉI
[O+S p.169]
Daarna zal ieder zooveel goud krijgen, als hij tillen kan
after that each shall receive as much gold as he can carry

[142/27]
ALONT ET HEL ÀND KLÀR IN JÁHWLIKES HIRT ÀND HOLLE WÀRTH
[O+S p.193]
totdat het helder en klaar wordt in ieders hart en hoofd
until every man's head and heart has become bright and clear
[=> until it becomes bright and clear in everyone's heart and head]

[150/29]
BI JAHWEDER HORS WÉRON TVVÉN JONGA SÉ.KÀMPAR ...
[O+S p.205]
Bij ieder paard waren twee jonge zeekampers ...
With each horse there were two young sea-rovers ...

[190/30]
JAHWEDER MÀN IS THENE FÉDER FON SIN HÚSHALDEN
[O+S p.231]
ieder man is de vader (voeder) van zijn huisgezin
every man is the father (feeder) of his household

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Summary

JAHWELIK BURCH.FÁM = every burgh-matron
TO JAHWELIKIS NOT = to everyone's need
OM JAHWELIKES FRYA HALS = around everyone's free neck
THÀT JAHWEDER FRY SY = that everyone be free
JAHWÉDER JONG KERDEL = every young man
JAHWÉDER MACHT KIASA = everyone could choose
JAHWEDER TOCHTE = everyone thought
JAHWEDER ÁGEBLIK = every moment ('blink-of-the-eye')
JAHWÉDER STAND RÉD = everyone stood ready
JAHWEDER SKIL KRÉJA = everyone shall receive
JÁHWLIKES HIRT ÀND HOLLE = everyone's heart and head
BI JAHWEDER HORS = by every horse
JAHWEDER MÀN = every man

JAHWE-DER (in modern dutch: "ieder")
JAHWE-LIK (in modern dutch: "elk")
JAHWE-LIK-HIS

JAHWE = every = all

{collective (sub-)consciousness?}

Jahweh = Allah

Edited by Otharus, 15 April 2012 - 10:08 PM.


#11087    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

either
O.E. ger, contraction of ghwer "each of two, both," from a "always" (see aye (2)) + ge- collective prefix + hwer "which of two, whether" (see whether). Cognate with Du. ieder, O.H.G. eogiwedar, Ger. jeder "either, each, every").

http://www.etymonlin...searchmode=none

neither
O.E. nawer, contraction of nahwer, lit. "not of two," from na "no" (see no) + hwer "which of two" (see whether). Spelling alt. c.1200 by association with either.

http://www.etymonlin...owed_in_frame=0

whether
O.E. hwer, hweer "which of two, whether," from P.Gmc. *khwatharaz (cf. O.S. hwedar, O.N. hvarr, Goth. huaar, O.H.G. hwedar "which of the two," Ger. weder "neither"), from interrogative base *khwa- "who" (see who) + comparative suffix *-theraz (cf. Skt. katarah, Avestan katara-, Gk. poteros, L. uter "which of the two, either of two," Lith. katras "which of the two," O.C.S. koteru "which").

http://www.etymonlin...owed_in_frame=0

Jahweh (Yahweh)? No way.


#11088    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,220 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostOtharus, on 15 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:


JAHWE = every = all

{collective (sub-)consciousness?}

Jahweh = Allah
Very possible imo.

"They themselves lie buried in sloth, a strange combination in their nature that the same men should be so fond of idleness, so averse to peace". Tacitus - Germania

#11089    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,220 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

New topic on UM - Was Jesus a Buddhist monk?

http://www.unexplain...0

Maybe the Magi were Buddhist monks, who were looking for the new reincarnated Lama... I think this idea is totally plausible.

"They themselves lie buried in sloth, a strange combination in their nature that the same men should be so fond of idleness, so averse to peace". Tacitus - Germania

#11090    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Very possible imo.
Thank you.


#11091    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 16 April 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

New topic on UM - Was Jesus a Buddhist monk?

http://www.unexplain...0
Yes!
This BBC doco, posted here before, makes that idea totally plausible:



And it gave me the thought that "Isa"-his name was changed into "Yes-us" / "Jesus" (after the earlier deified hero from Kashmir), which made Christianization easier, because that name already rang a possitive sounding bell.


#11092    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

either ...
neither ...
whether ...
How do these words disprove my suggestion?

JAHWEDER = (dutch:) ieder(e), elk(e), al(le) = (english:) each, every, all = (german:) jeder, alle
JAHWELIK = (dutch:) elk(e), ieder(e), al(le) = (english:) each, every, all = (german:) jeder, alle

Edited by Otharus, 16 April 2012 - 05:11 AM.


#11093    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostOtharus, on 15 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

JAHWE-DER (in modern dutch: "ieder")
JAHWE-LIK (in modern dutch: "elk")
The proper construction is probably:

JA-HWEDER

JA-HWEL-(L)IK = (english:) yes-well-like? = (dutch:) ja-wel-lijk

... which does not mean that there can be no relation to the name the Juwes gave to the spirit of their dead ancestor.

The existing explanations have been very effective in confusing the peoples.


#11094    Otharus

Otharus

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,400 posts
  • Joined:20 Sep 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Deuteronomy 19:1
http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/19-1.htm

New Living Translation (©2007)
"When the LORD your God destroys the nations whose land he is giving you, you will take over their land and settle in their towns and homes.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“When the LORD your God cuts off the nations whose land the LORD your God is giving you, and you dispossess them and dwell in their cities and in their houses,

The bible (undated Leiden translation) that was given to my grandmother in 1931 (by the protestant church) has:

"Wanneer Jahwe, uw god, de volken uitroeit wier land Jahwe, uw god, u geeft, en gij hen verdrijft en in hun steden en huizen u vestigt,"

Translated:
"when Jahwe, your god, exterminates the peoples who's land Jahwe, your god, gives you, and you chase them away and settle in their cities and houses"

Pure war-propaganda and pretty disgusting IMO.

Did you notice how the modern translations ("destroys the nations"; "cuts off the nations") are made to look a bit more innocent?

(I've seen worse parts, but couldn't find it back yet.)

Edited by Otharus, 16 April 2012 - 06:12 AM.


#11095    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostOtharus, on 16 April 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Deuteronomy 19:1
http://bible.cc/deuteronomy/19-1.htm

New Living Translation (2007)
"When the LORD your God destroys the nations whose land he is giving you, you will take over their land and settle in their towns and homes.

English Standard Version (2001)
When the LORD your God cuts off the nations whose land the LORD your God is giving you, and you dispossess them and dwell in their cities and in their houses,

The bible (undated Leiden translation) that was given to my grandmother in 1931 (by the protestant church) has:

"Wanneer Jahwe, uw god, de volken uitroeit wier land Jahwe, uw god, u geeft, en gij hen verdrijft en in hun steden en huizen u vestigt,"

Translated:
"when Jahwe, your god, exterminates the peoples who's land Jahwe, your god, gives you, and you chase them away and settle in their cities and houses"

Pure war-propaganda and pretty disgusting IMO.

Did you notice how the modern translations ("destroys the nations"; "cuts off the nations") are made to look a bit more innocent?

(I've seen worse parts, but couldn't find it back yet.)

That's why it is best to read the original, in Hebrew. Not that I can, but I know sites that have the original text with an English translation, made by Jews.


#11096    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostOtharus, on 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

How do these words disprove my suggestion?

JAHWEDER = (dutch:) ieder(e), elk(e), al(le) = (english:) each, every, all = (german:) jeder, alle
JAHWELIK = (dutch:) elk(e), ieder(e), al(le) = (english:) each, every, all = (german:) jeder, alle

That was meant to show you you cut up the word in a wrong way to arrive at Jahweh/Yahweh.


#11097    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 16 April 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

New topic on UM - Was Jesus a Buddhist monk?

http://www.unexplain...0

Maybe the Magi were Buddhist monks, who were looking for the new reincarnated Lama... I think this idea is totally plausible.

The image of the Magi/Magyar as portrayed in the OLB doesn't really resemble anything Buddhist.

But one Indian ruler did his best to spread Buddhism after he was converted:

View PostAbramelin, on 08 April 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Ashoka (304232 BC), also sent many prominent Buddhist monks (bhikshus) Sthaviras like Madhyamik Sthavira to modern Kashmir and Afghanistan; Maharaskshit Sthavira to Syria, Persia / Iran, Egypt, Greece, Italy and Turkey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashoka

< CHOP >




#11098    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,220 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Something to think about...
This is the deep layer of meaning in many Paleolithic cave paintings that goes beyond sympathetic hunting magic. This is a multidimensional, mythological layer whose journey in the millennia to follow will connect with Stonehenge as a future article shall discuss. This deeper layer is also metaphysical and mathematical, and relates to the adamantine oneness of Vedic, Hindu and Buddhist cosmology. The complexity of mind revealed in late Upper Paleolithic cave art is akin to that expressed much later in history by ancient Vedic philosophers whose art form was Sanskrit poetry.
http://www.environme...the-stars/15506

"They themselves lie buried in sloth, a strange combination in their nature that the same men should be so fond of idleness, so averse to peace". Tacitus - Germania

#11099    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,035 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 15 April 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

You'd first have to establish the dna haplogroups of the Geertmen, who may have lived 1500BC.

Again, you'd have to establish which haplogroup you are looking for.

Not that know of, they only discovered Hattusa 100 years ago and it was massive, small citadels from thousands of years ago in areas like the Middle East or the Punjab, today, may not be available to find.


This is from a 1000 years before those Geertmen, but might be of help:

It has been suggested that the Funnelbeaker culture was the origin of the gene allowing adults of Northern European descent to digest lactose. It was claimed that in the area formerly inhabited by this culture, prevalence of the gene is virtually universal.[2] A paper published in 2007 by Burger et al. [3] indicated that the genetic variant that causes lactase persistence in most Europeans (-13,910*T) was rare or absent in early farmers from central Europe. A study published by Yuval Itan and colleagues in 2010 [4] clearly shows this. A study published in 2009, also by Itan et al.,[5] suggests that the Linear Pottery culture (also known as Linearbandkeramik or LBK), which preceded the TRB culture by some 1,500 years, was the culture in which this trait started to co-evolve with the culture of dairying. Ancient DNA extracted from three individuals ascribed to a TRB horizon in Gkhem, Sweden, were found to possess mtDNA haplogroups H, J, and T.

http://en.wikipedia....ty_and_language


#11100    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,220 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 16 April 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

This is from a 1000 years before those Geertmen, but might be of help:

It has been suggested that the Funnelbeaker culture was the origin of the gene allowing adults of Northern European descent to digest lactose. It was claimed that in the area formerly inhabited by this culture, prevalence of the gene is virtually universal.[2] A paper published in 2007 by Burger et al. [3] indicated that the genetic variant that causes lactase persistence in most Europeans (-13,910*T) was rare or absent in early farmers from central Europe. A study published by Yuval Itan and colleagues in 2010 [4] clearly shows this. A study published in 2009, also by Itan et al.,[5] suggests that the Linear Pottery culture (also known as Linearbandkeramik or LBK), which preceded the TRB culture by some 1,500 years, was the culture in which this trait started to co-evolve with the culture of dairying. Ancient DNA extracted from three individuals ascribed to a TRB horizon in Gkhem, Sweden, were found to possess mtDNA haplogroups H, J, and T.

http://en.wikipedia....ty_and_language
I found this...

The presumed homeland of R1b1b and Pre-Proto-Indo-European speakers is assumed to be in northern Anatolia and/or the North Caucasus. The Caucasus itself is a hotspot of haplogroup G. Therefore, it is entirely conceivable that a minority of Caucasian men belonging to haplogroup G (and perhaps also J2b) integrated the R1b community that crossed the Caucasus and established themselves on the northern and eastern shores of the Black Sea sometime between 7,000 and 5,000 BCE. Those Proto-Indo-European would have belonged evolved to R1b1b2a1 and G2a3b1a before their epic conquest of Europe starting timidly in the Balkans around 4000 BCE and completed when all the Atlantic fringe from Iberia to the British Isles was settled, around 2000 BCE. Contrarily to G2a* and G2a3*, which is more prevalent in mountainous areas, G2a3b1a is found uniformy throughout Europe, even in Scandinavia and Russia. More importantly, G2a3b1 is also found in India, especially among the upper castes. The combined presence of G2a3b1 across Europe and India is a very strong argument in favour of an Indo-European origin. The coalescence age of G2a3b1 also matches the time of the Indo-European expansion during the Bronze Age.
http://www.eupedia.c...G2a_Y-DNA.shtml

"They themselves lie buried in sloth, a strange combination in their nature that the same men should be so fond of idleness, so averse to peace". Tacitus - Germania