Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#2641    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 January 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

Wiz.gyrich means nothing but 'wijsheid begeren', or to love/desire or long for wisdom. In that non-Inguavonic evil language, aka "Dutch" there is this word, "wijsgerig' which means the same and pronounced the same as wiz.gyrich

Also in Dutch we still have the word 'begerig' meaning 'strong desire'

The Dutch word for philosopher is 'wijsgeer'.

Cool. Sounds good to me.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#2642    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 19 January 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I know that when I was a young boy I looked up the meaning of my first name in some book (you won't believe it, it means something like 'radiant with glory' or 'shining with fame', heh).

And I know what MY name means too and my kids but I never read the whole Baby Name book.

---------------------------------------------

Alewyn: Maybe Tony did you a favour, you should withdraw your book and revise it also, leaving out the part about the comet impact because I think that part discredits your otherwise excellent book. And using a different translation maybe...

#2643    Tony S.

Tony S.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 19 January 2011 - 12:34 PM, said:

I would like to point out that you claimed to have used Ottema's transliteration. At no stage did you voluntarily admit that you copied Sandbach's version verbatum untill I discovered it today.
Any reflection on your integrity is your own doing.
The point is that I now have to withdraw my book because of your doing. This has nothing to do with copyright but everything to do with honesty and profesionalism.

If you go back to the first few posts I made on this thread, after you invited me to take part, I made it clear that my version is a revised version of Sandbach's. I have never, at any time, said otherwise.

You are withdrawing your book because of my doing? How so? Do you mean the fact that I made a new version of the OLB? You were happy enough to use it when you thought it was Sandbach's - it hasn't changed, since then. And as for withdrawing your book, I would not want such a thing. Much of it I actually quite like, and contacted you as one researcher to another.

#2644    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Alewyn's interpretation of the impact...

Alewyn's never proven an impact anywhere during that time, whereas it's a known fact that there were multiple contemporary volcanic eruptions in the times around 2300 BC, 1950 BC and 1500 BC. Of which I've posted about quite some time back.

It co-incides with the Sumerian King List mention of flood at 2800BC as well as in the layers there.

Although you're close, actually 2750 BC, (the Shuruppak Flood) the Sumerian King List itself never gives a specific date only a general timeframe. Which in either case is totally irrelevant to the 2193 - 2200 BC date.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#2645    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 19 January 2011 - 01:46 PM, said:

Alewyn's never proven an impact anywhere during that time, whereas it's a known fact that there were multiple contemporary volcanic eruptions in the times around 2300 BC, 1950 BC and 1500 BC. Of which I've posted about quite some time back.

Although you're close, actually 2750 BC, (the Shuruppak Flood) the Sumerian King List itself never gives a specific date only a general timeframe. Which in either case is totally irrelevant to the 2193 - 2200 BC date.

cormac
I know. Point being, I know Alewyn has never proven an impact during that time as he said (in the Indian Ocean). It's a part I don't think he's correct on.
I edited.

Edited by The Puzzler, 19 January 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#2646    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Has anyone ever read this? It's a take that the Albanians are part of these Atlanders from the OLB book? The writer matches Albanian language to much language in the OLB.

http://albhistory.ne.../atlantis1.html

#2647    Tony S.

Tony S.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 19 January 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Has anyone ever read this? It's a take that the Albanians are part of these Atlanders from the OLB book? The writer matches Albanian language to much language in the OLB.

http://albhistory.ne.../atlantis1.html

I've seen it, yes. It seems a bit of a strain really, since Albanian isn't even a Germanic language!

#2648    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 19 January 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I know. Point being, I know Alewyn has never proven an impact during that time as he said (in the Indian Ocean). It's a part I don't think he's correct on.
I edited.

Is it possible? Yes. Is there any evidence for it? No. And therein lies the problem. Without evidence it's a meaningless claim.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#2649    Tony S.

Tony S.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Identifying the ten Frisian "kindreds".

"As our country was so great and extensive, we had many different names. Those who were settled to the east of Denmark were called Jutten, because often they did nothing else than look for amber (jutten) on the shore. Those who lived in the islands were called Letten, because they lived an isolated life. All those who lived between Denmark and the Sandval, now the Scheldt, were called Stuurlieden (pilots), Zeekampers (naval men), and Angelaren (fishermen). The Angelaren were men who fished in the sea, and were so named because they used lines and hooks instead of nets. From there to the nearest part of Krekaland the inhabitants were called Kadhemers, because they never went to sea but remained ashore. Those who were settled in the higher marches bounded by Twisklanden (Germany) were called Saxmannen, because they were always armed against the wild beasts and the savage Britons. Besides these we had the names Landzaten (natives of the land), Marzaten (natives of the fens), and Woud or Hout zaten (natives of the woods)."

Th‚ vs l‚nd s‚ rum aend gr‚t wÍre, hÍdon wi fŤlo asondergana n‚mon. ThÍra tham saton bi‚sten tha DÍnemarka wrdon Juttar hÍton, uth‚vede hja tomet navt owers ne dÍdon as barn-stÍn juta. Hja tham thÍr saton vppa Ílanda wrdon LÍtne hÍten, thrvchdam hja mÍst al vrlÍten lÍvadon. Alle str‚nd aend skor hÍmar fon-a DÍnemarka alont thÍre Saendfal nw Skelda wrdon Stjurar, SÍkaempar aend Angelara hÍton. Angelara s‚ hÍton m‚n to fora tha butafiskar vmbe that hja alan mith angel jefta kol fiskton aend nimmer nÍn netum. ThÍra thÍr th‚na til tha hÍinde KrÍkal‚nda s‚ton, wrdon bl‚t K‚d-hÍmar hÍten, thrvch tham hja ninmerthe buta foron. ThÍra thÍr in da h‚ge marka s‚ton, thÍr anna Twisklanda p‚lon, wrdon Saxmanna hÍton, uth‚wede hja immer wÍpned wÍron vr thaet wilde kwik aend vrwildarda Britne. ThÍr to boppa hÍdon wi tha nŰma Lands‚ton, M‚rsata aend Holtjefta Wods‚ta.

Some of these names - Angles, Saxons, and Jutes for example, are easy to identify. Others are more obscure, but Letts, Sturii, Sicambrians, and Marsacii appear to be there. How about the others?

#2650    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 19 January 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

Is it possible? Yes. Is there any evidence for it? No. And therein lies the problem. Without evidence it's a meaningless claim.

cormac
So, what do you think I said?

Forget about it then. You go on about wanting to discuss more the opening post, so that was either about buying Alewyn's book or the theory put forward by Alewyn about the flood by impact c. 2200 in the Indian Ocean but already you know it's meaningless...

#2651    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 11,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

View PostTony S., on 19 January 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Some of these names - Angles, Saxons, and Jutes for example, are easy to identify. Others are more obscure, but Letts, Sturii, Sicambrians, and Marsacii appear to be there. How about the others?
Bed for me but good question worth thinking about more tomorrow.

#2652    Alewyn

Alewyn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

View PostTony S., on 19 January 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

You are withdrawing your book because of my doing? How so? Do you mean the fact that I made a new version of the OLB? You were happy enough to use it when you thought it was Sandbach's - it hasn't changed, since then. And as for withdrawing your book, I would not want such a thing. Much of it I actually quite like, and contacted you as one researcher to another.
When I used your translation I honestly believed that it was Sandbachís. There were no indications on the particular website that it was not his translation. In fact, I tried to verify this through ďangelfire.comĒ but had no response from them.

Although Sandbach and Ottema may have made mistakes, they believed they did the best to their ability to give accurate translations. Can you say the same? Now that I know the translation I used was corrupted, I have no excuse to peddle it any further as the truth (with all the miniskirts, wizards, magic, etc).
(ďAbove all, be true to thine own selfĒ or something to the effect)

To me this is not just another story, but the history of a forgotten people; a people to whom we are greatly indebted and who deserve their due recognition. This has nothing to do with religion but purely about history. In fact, if I had read the OLB solely from a Christian viewpoint I would probably never have written a book about it.

It would be wrong, in any event, to reject a book on history as a hoax merely because it does not fit in with oneís religious beliefs. If that was the case, Christians today would all have to deny the infamous and shameful history of ďChristianityĒ during the middle ages. It happened and there is no way we can deny it. (I believe Islam, or certain elements therein, are now going through the same phase).

Chapters 1 and 8 in my book were my own attempts to find, rightly or wrongly:
1. A cause for the 2193 BC event, and
2. A possible location for the OLBís Aldland.
These should not be ascribed to the OLB. I accept full and sole responsibility for it.

Incidently, and in response to Puzzlerís remarks about the Burckle impact:
Dr. Massey guessed the date at about 2800 BC. Dr. Dallas Abbott guessed 2500 BC.
In response to an e-mail question from me, Dr. Abbott replied that it is quite possible that the Burckle Impact could have happened in 2200 BC. They have not as yet dated the chevrons on Madagascar.

I have ordered Sura de Heerís translation of the OLB which, I am told by him, is a very literal translation. Perhaps that will bring me closer to the truth.

#2653    Flashbangwollap

Flashbangwollap

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 19 January 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

When I used your translation I honestly believed that it was Sandbach's. There were no indications on the particular website that it was not his translation. In fact, I tried to verify this through "angelfire.com" but had no response from them.

Although Sandbach and Ottema may have made mistakes, they believed they did the best to their ability to give accurate translations. Can you say the same? Now that I know the translation I used was corrupted, I have no excuse to peddle it any further as the truth (with all the miniskirts, wizards, magic, etc).
("Above all, be true to thine own self" or something to the effect)

To me this is not just another story, but the history of a forgotten people; a people to whom we are greatly indebted and who deserve their due recognition. This has nothing to do with religion but purely about history. In fact, if I had read the OLB solely from a Christian viewpoint I would probably never have written a book about it.

It would be wrong, in any event, to reject a book on history as a hoax merely because it does not fit in with one's religious beliefs. If that was the case, Christians today would all have to deny the infamous and shameful history of "Christianity" during the middle ages. It happened and there is no way we can deny it. (I believe Islam, or certain elements therein, are now going through the same phase).

2. A possible location for the OLB's Aldland.
These should not be ascribed to the OLB. I accept full and sole responsibility for it.

Incidently, and in response to Puzzler's remarks about the Burckle impact:
Dr. Massey guessed the date at about 2800 BC. Dr. Dallas Abbott guessed 2500 BC.
In response to an e-mail question from me, Dr. Abbott replied that it is quite possible that the Burckle Impact could have happened in 2200 BC. They have not as yet dated the chevrons on Madagascar.

I have ordered Sura de Heer's translation of the OLB which, I am told by him, is a very literal translation. Perhaps that will bring me closer to the truth.

I am saddened a little at your having to withdraw but since you are a sincere man and you feel it is right then I can't complain.

I was hoping that things would turn out in favour of the O L B not because I'm a dreamer but that the whole of history needs more qualification as to this period imo.

So perhaps you can return one day with things revised and more information verified. So good luck in your endeavours.

Quote [It would be wrong, in any event, to reject a book on history as a hoax merely because it does not fit in with oneís religious beliefs. If that was the case, Christians today would all have to deny the infamous and shameful history of ďChristianityĒ during the middle ages. It happened and there is no way we can deny it. (I believe Islam, or certain elements therein, are now going through the same phase).]

This is the same opinion I have about certain sectors of religion. It is my belief that those at the head of this aggression feel they are loosing power over their flock and this most likely due to better education within the communities.

#2654    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

View PostTony S., on 19 January 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've seen it, yes. It seems a bit of a strain really, since Albanian isn't even a Germanic language!

Aldland/Atland was the home and place of origin of the Finda people.

Many have assumed it was the place of origin of all the 3 main people mentioned in the OLB, but that is simply wrong.

The Finda people were described as a Mongolian looking people (and lived far away on Aldland, so they were no problem for the Frya people in Europe).

The suggestion made in the OLB is that this Aldland was located somewhere opposite (= west) of the Strait of Gibraltar.

But later in the OLB we meet Finda people again, near the Himalaya, and these Finda people said that that was where they came from, their place of origin, their homeland...

So here we have it (and as many will know I discussed this before with the necessary quotes from the OLB) : in the OLB there is this cunning suggestion of an 'Atlantis' in the Atlantic.... where the Finda people came from and lived before the disaster struck in 2194 BC. But, much later in history and in the book, the Finda near the Himalaya said that was the place of their origin.

Clever, eh? Not me, no, clever of these writers to create such a confusion.

I will bet Tony will ask me again for a link to where I discussed it in this thread, and I will try to find it.

I do remember the discussion I had about it ... and then the subsequent discussion about the Gypsies.... and how they plaid their role (under their different names) in the OLB.

But why did I drag this up? Well, can we say for sure what language was spoken on this 'Aldland'? I mean, why should it be a Germanic language?

+++++++

EDIT:

As promised, here are those posts about the location of Aldland:

post 336, page 23
post 353, page 24

post 783, page 53
post 872, page 59

Edited by Abramelin, 19 January 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#2655    Tony S.

Tony S.

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 19 January 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

When I used your translation I honestly believed that it was Sandbachís. There were no indications on the particular website that it was not his translation. In fact, I tried to verify this through ďangelfire.comĒ but had no response from them.

(ďAbove all, be true to thine own selfĒ or something to the effect)

It would be wrong, in any event, to reject a book on history as a hoax merely because it does not fit in with oneís religious beliefs. If that was the case, Christians today would all have to deny the infamous and shameful history of ďChristianityĒ during the middle ages. It happened and there is no way we can deny it. (I believe Islam, or certain elements therein, are now going through the same phase).

2. A possible location for the OLBís Aldland.

Incidently, and in response to Puzzlerís remarks about the Burckle impact:

I have ordered Sura de Heerís translation of the OLB which, I am told by him, is a very literal translation. Perhaps that will bring me closer to the truth.

Yes, I can indeed say that my version was a genuine attempt to provide an accurate translation. And so will my new one be.

Is Sura de Heer's translation English or Dutch?