Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#2866    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:33 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 23 January 2011 - 11:53 PM, said:

That's what I thought.

The book by Heemstra:

SIXMA VAN HEEMSTRA, F.S.
Le probleme de l'VVra Linda Bok. Etude critique sur la formation de la chronique, suivie de la traduction annotee du premier chapitre. Precede d'une preface de W.Hellinga.

And here's a critique by a Galema (scroll down till you read Dutch text:

http://www.persee.fr..._t1_0221_0000_3

The main point: Heemstra offers an interesting new theory, but no proof.

----

Another titbit:

Dutch:

Volgens de Friese baron Feyo Schelto Sixma Van Heemstra zou het een produkt zijn van de zeventiende eeuw dat na 1850 werd bewerkt door L.P.C. van den Bergh, uitgever van het negentiende eeuwse Oorkondenboek van Holland en Zeeland. Het Oera Linda Bok omhelst een oorspronkelijk matriarchaat dat echter nooit heeft bestaan, maar dat in 1861 door de Zwitser Johann Jakob Bachofen (1815–1887) in Das Mutterrecht vertheoretiseerd was.

http://www.ijpelaan....-Fresonen.html#

English:

According to the Frisian Baron Feyo Schelto Sixma Van Heemstra it would be a product of the seventeenth century, and after 1850 edited by LPC van den Bergh, publisher of the nineteenth century "Oorkondenboek van Holland en Zeeland" (Certificate Book of Holland and Zeeland). The Oera Linda Bok embraced an original matriarchy that however never existed, but was theorized in 1861 by the Swiss Johann Jakob Bachofen (1815-1887) in "Das Mutterrecht" (The Matriarchy).

Edited by Abramelin, 24 January 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#2867    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,532 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:29 AM

Was someone talking about "intellectual dishonesty" before?

Yeah, and don't you just love the irony?   :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#2868    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,581 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:03 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 24 January 2011 - 01:55 AM, said:

It's actually 1 less than the numbered year:

Jan 1, 1 AD - Jan 1, 2 AD = 1 year making Jan 1, 1 AD - Jan 1, 1852 actually 1851 years in length.

Your example here should be 10 years different, not 11.

cormac
Oh yeah, silly me, too many numbers... :wacko:

Tell me cormac, what the hell is the answer? 2193BC or 2194BC?

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#2869    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,581 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 January 2011 - 03:05 PM, said:

I may be wrong, but I read it as in the first year ASA; the same as 1 AD (Anno Domini) is in the first year after Christ.
In both case the counting starts immediately after the event.
Ignore my other answer, apparently I made an error.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#2870    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,532 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:39 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 24 January 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

Oh yeah, silly me, too many numbers... :wacko:

Tell me cormac, what the hell is the answer? 2193BC or 2194BC?

1256 - 3449 = 2193, but since there was no year zero then that extends the numbered date forward by 1 year, making it 2194 BC.

The only way to get 2193 BC by adding 1600 years, in a previous example from the OLB, would be to include the year 593 BC, itself.

So, has anyone found evidence to support where either an alleged impactor or Great Flood occurred c.2193 BC, yet?

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#2871    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 22 January 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

Now, if only scientists would discover 6 spokes on those discs, we would have something, right?

But there are none, not as far as I can see.

But the culture responsible for melting and forging and shaping those discs, many thousands of years ago... in the German Bight... hmmmmm...

Just because I am such a nice guy....

Schleswig-Holstein: Aus Glüsing (Kreis Dithmarschen) kennt man das Grab eines Priesters aus der älteren Bronzezeit (etwa 1500 bis 1200 v. Chr.), der dem Sonnenkult huldigte. Darin lagen ein bronzenes Schwert, zwei Beile, ein Dolch und eine mit Sonnensymbolen verzierte Goldscheibe.

http://archaeologie-...unde_au~448935/

Aus dem Grab eines Priesters, der dem Sonnenkult huldigte, könnte die Goldscheibe von Glüsing (Kreis Dithmarschen) in Schleswig-Holstein gestammt haben, die mit zahlreichen Sonnensymbolen verziert ist. Den Mann, dem sie gehörte, hatte man mit einem bronzenen Vollgriffschwert, zwei Absatzbeilen und einem Dolch für das Jenseits ausgerüstet. Die Goldblechscheibe wies ursprünglich einen Durchmesser von 19,5 Zentimetern auf. Sie war stark fragmentiert und durch eine Bronzeunterlage verstärkt. Leider ging dieser Fund während des Zweiten Weltkrieg im Museum für Vor- und Frühgeschichte, Berlin, verloren.
Möglicherweise wurde in Wittbeck (Kreis Nordfriesland) in Schleswig-Holstein sogar das metallene Zugpferd eines Sonnenwagens ans Tageslicht gebracht. Dort soll 1802 ein Einheimischer angeblich in einem Grabhügel namens Hingstbarg ein metallenes Pferd gefunden haben, das er niemandem zeigte und heimlich verkaufte. Als der berühmteste Sonnenwagen des Nordischen Kreises gilt das von einem Pferd gezogene Gefährt aus dem Moor von Trundholm in Dänemark.

http://archaeologie-...ezeit-etwa.html

And then click on the next link to see the image of that gold disc with 6 spokes (from the grave of a priest in the Bronze Age, Schleswig-Holstein):

http://www.megalithi...owpic&pid=54478

http://www.megalithi...e.php?sid=19995

Edited by Abramelin, 24 January 2011 - 05:56 AM.

#2872    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:17 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 January 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

(...)
And then click on the next link to see the image of that gold disc with 6 spokes (from the grave of a priest in the Bronze Age, Schleswig-Holstein):

http://www.megalithi...owpic&pid=54478
:tu:

#2873    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

Thread cleaned

Once again - please refrain from launching defammatory personal attacks against other members with whom you disagree.

#2874    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

View PostSaru, on 24 January 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

Thread cleaned
The best things in life don't last long.

I enjoyed it and trust that enough of you got themselves informed.

Why there's so many unexplained mysteries?

... Censorship.

Abe, I accept your offer to move over to your site to freely discuss things further. Please PM me the link. I'll probably move outta here for good.

#2875    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

View PostOtharus, on 24 January 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

The best things in life don't last long.

I enjoyed it and trust that enough of you got themselves informed.

Why there's so many unexplained mysteries?

... Censorship.

Abe, I accept your offer to move over to your site to freely discuss things further. Please PM me the link. I'll probably move outta here for good.

I will have to warn you, though: I have banned people going on endlessly accusing some other member of something illegal an/or lying.

I can take a whole lot, but I will not accept this bull. Just so you know.

And we need at least 4 people in total.

So let's wait if others here are still interested.

#2876    Tony S.

Tony S.

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 January 2011 - 04:52 PM, said:

I will have to warn you, though: I have banned people going on endlessly accusing some other member of something illegal an/or lying.

I can take a whole lot, but I will not accept this bull. Just so you know.

And we need at least 4 people in total.

So let's wait if others here are still interested.

Yes, I'm still interested.

Edited by Tony S., 24 January 2011 - 05:14 PM.

SOVEREIGN MERCIA
Campaigning for a Sovereign Mercia in the Midlands

#2877    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostTony S., on 24 January 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Yes, I'm still interested.

OK, that's 3, including myself.

But, as you both will remember, I only wanted to create a separate space so we could bicker and argue about the transliteration and translation of the OLB manuscript. And when the 4 of us would have finally agreed on the transliteration and translation, I would post the result, and put your (true?) names under it.

But in the mean time we would continue here with what we have done for some 200 pages now.

Personally I don't give a rat's a.. if you created that site about "The Daughters of Frya" on angelfire.com. To me it would prove you like to pull someone's leg, and that you like women in 'kilts', lol. Not saying you did create that site, though.

Well, I have seen some of Otharus videos on YouTube, and he appears not to be that averse to the female anatomy either...

So I would propose a truce, and get back on topic.

There is a hell of a lot of information posted in this thread, and I do not want to let it go to waste because some people here have problems with eachother.

Otharus came back, Alewyn came back, and I think it was I who sort of chased them off in the first place with my late-night clouded mind.

Mea culpa.

Edited by Abramelin, 24 January 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#2878    Tony S.

Tony S.

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 January 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

OK, that's 3, including myself.

But, as you both will remember, I only wanted to create a separate space so we could bicker and argue about the transliteration and translation of the OLB manuscript. And when the 4 of us would have finally agreed on the transliteration and translation, I would post the result, and put your (true?) names under it.

But in the mean time we would continue here with what we have done for some 200 pages now.

Personally I don't give a rat's a.. if you created that site about "The Daughters of Frya" on angelfire.com. To me it would prove you like to pull someone's leg, and that you like women in 'kilts', lol. Not saying you did create that site, though.

Well, I have seen some of Otharus videos on YouTube, and he appears not to be that averse to the female anatomy either...

So I would propose a truce, and get back on topic.

There is a hell of a lot of information posted in this thread, and I do not want to let it go to waste because some people here have problems with eachother.

Otharus came back, Alewyn came back, and I think it was I who sort of chased them off in the first place with my late-night clouded mind.

Mea culpa.

And I too am happy to discuss these subjects with anyone, without stooping to name-calling.

SOVEREIGN MERCIA
Campaigning for a Sovereign Mercia in the Midlands

#2879    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 24 January 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

There is a hell of a lot of information posted in this thread, and I do not let it go to waste because some people here have problems with eachother.
I have a problem with censorship and hypocrites.

But I forgot this is a commercial site.
If one pays them enough (or threat with a legal process) they will delete any post that may harm someone's busyness, honest or not.

And I'm sorry but won't join working on a new transliteration/ translation.
Sura de Heer made a good enough new transliteration (in Jol-font!) already and has almost finished the new English translation.

I prefer the untranslated version anyway.

On second thoughts, I think I'm only interested in staying in contact with Alewyn. Too many other things to do.

So long.

#2880    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostOtharus, on 24 January 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have a problem with censorship and hypocrites.

But I forgot this is a commercial site.
If one pays them enough (or threat with a legal process) they will delete any post that may harm someone's busyness, honest or not.

And I'm sorry but won't join working on a new transliteration/ translation.
Sura de Heer made a good enough new transliteration (in Jol-font!) already and has almost finished the new English translation.

I prefer the untranslated version anyway.

On second thoughts, I think I'm only interested in staying in contact with Alewyn. Too many other things to do.

So long.

Goodbye.

As things are going now, it will be ME and no one else who will be able to prove the OLB was not a hoax.

All the rest of you do is nitpicking, and *I* am the only one coming up with something that comes close to evidence.

OK, back to the 1+1=? story (aka 2193/2194 BC).

--

Who was it that posted about a Minoan ship that sunk near Denmark, 1100 BC? ME.

Who was it that posted about many circular copper discs found on the sea floor near Heligoland? ME.

Who was it that posted about a golden disc with 6 spokes (like an OLB Juul wheel), in a Bronze Age burial mound (for a priest) in Schleswig-Holstein? ME.

Who was it that posted about a possible proof (Heemstra) of the OLB written in the 18th century, based on more ancient manuscripts? ME.

Who was it that posted of proof of a huge tsunami hitting Jutland, millennia ago? ME.

Just so you remember.

I want MEAT, and not kids giving me a headache fighting about who should get the next cookie from mummy.

Edited by Abramelin, 24 January 2011 - 06:13 PM.