Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#4756    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 May 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Inka didn't go to the Mediterranean, Teunis did.

==

Of course Nep = nephew, that is what the OLB tells us, lol (but not of eachother, but of Wodan).
I never said Inka went to the Mediterranean. You pick out the most trivial things to sidetrack me.

The word Inka may mean Ingvi - no one said Inkishush was Inka, although I did say the word Inkishush reminded me of the word Inka.

What are you on about with the next bit (actually don't answer that, I don't care) - they are 3 brothers Inka, Neef Teunis and Wodan - all nephews of Sterik.

My apologies for putting giant in that list, I can see how it confused you - I mean giants did come from gians - but not necessarily in Norse.

Edited by The Puzzler, 09 May 2011 - 04:10 PM.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#4757    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 May 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

I never said giant was an old Norse word, gang is from gengi.

These people didn't call themself giants did they...

The people who saw them named them giants - from gians - the huge gangs of men under oath for each other that were also large in size. These large men led huge gangs of men across the plains - like swarms of locusts.

Hungarian also has a t suffix as an accusative - so it wouldn't be that unusual to have gian-t

You don't know how civilized any of them were, or behaved - you read a small portion of the ones who became Frisians but there were many more Fryan people - do you think the Jutten for example, picking up amber on the shore of the Eastern Baltic were the same as the Fryans who settled in Friesland..? The ones in the East lost their values in the end really, many became Celts who followed Kalta after that - many of them were Fryans - do we expect they should have acted differently because they were originally Fryans... be all nice and civilised - too many changes and people to peg hole like that imo.

They were a lot more civilized than the Akkadian tablets tell us about the Gutians.

Ones that moved away became different from ones who stayed around Friesland and Holland. A central lamp or hearth is about all I need to find connections of. Like in Latium. Apollo, Zoroastrianism, Hesta, Vesta, maidens and virgins, freedom and truth do underlie the Fryans though.

Tomorrow for me now.

I also never said that YOU said it was Old Norse, I actually said, "did you know that..?"

But the Old Norse word for giant is 'huin'.

"A central lamp or hearth is about all I need to find connections of"

Heh, I know.

Etymology, OLB style

Lesson 25: From schnitzel (escalope) to knikker (a marble, a kid's toy).

Schnitzel >>> (Frisianized to) tsjnitsjel (j = the English -y- in 'yes') >>> Frisian -tsj- becomes Dutch -k- >>> knikel >>> then: -l- >> -r- , hence: kniker. Those damn Dutch don't like one -k- in the middle of a word, so: knikker.

Ergo: 1+1=3

#4758    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostSlimJim22, on 09 May 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

It is an interesting theory to suppose that the Guti, Getae, Goths, Juts, Jats and more were all names for the same people who went on to become Kurds as well as assimilated into other cultures. I found a fairly extensive site, not sure of its credibility but they case is that rufism (red hair) is the main identifying mark genetically. Don't expect you to agree but check it out.

http://jatistan.blog...us-gutians.html

If there is substance to the claims then that is a pretty amazing area that the culture could have covered.
Certainly is Slim, they are everywhere.

I'll have to give this better attention tomorrow.

#4759    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 May 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

I never said Inka went to the Mediterranean. You pick out the most trivial things to sidetrack me.

The word Inka may mean Ingvi - no one said Inkishush was Inka, although I did say the word Inkishush reminded me of the word Inka.

What are you on about with the next bit (actually don't answer that, I don't care) - they are 3 brothers Inka, Neef Teunis and Wodan - all nephews of Sterik.

My apologies for putting giant in that list, I can see how it confused you - I mean giants did come from gians - but not necessarily in Norse.

I know you didn't say Inka went to the Med, it was I who said he didn't. Inka was the one who wanted to sail to the remnants of Halbertsma's "Aldland". It was Halbertsma who was (one of) the first to coin the term "Aldlanders" (the original Frisians as opposed to the new arrivals from Holland in De Bildt).

And when you say again, "this/that reminds me of..", I know that you will follow that 'lead' into a quagmire of 'possibilities', and don't give a damn as long as the end-result suits what you were after, lol.

Giants - gians - gang... come on Puzz.

#4760    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 May 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

I know you didn't say Inka went to the Med, it was I who said he didn't. Inka was the one who wanted to sail to the remnants of Halbertsma's "Aldland". It was Halbertsma who was (one of) the first to coin the term "Aldlanders" (the original Frisians as opposed to the new arrivals from Holland in De Bildt).

And when you say again, "this/that reminds me of..", I know that you will follow that 'lead' into a quagmire of 'possibilities', and don't give a damn as long as the end-result suits what you were after, lol.

Giants - gians - gang... come on Puzz.
Quite frankly Abe, I don't give a hoot if giants can come from gians, cause I already know they WERE giants in the Levant.

I do know however that gengi is companion/s of an oath. Hence a gang. Check Varangians. A gang is giant - giant wouldn't have originally come from being a tall or large person, it would have come from the huge gangs that roamed the plains of the Levant. The Giants of the Bible - that swarmed the plains, it's a double edged meaning, more like a big gang of something - like locusts or grasshoppers, surely you have seen A Bugs Life - whose the bad, uncouth barbarian GANG? Hopper and his swarm of destroying grasshoppers of course.

Now this time I gotta go to bed.  :tu:

#4761    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Greek Várangos and Old East Slavic varęgŭ are derived from Old Norse væringi, originally a compound of vár "pledge" and gengi "companion", i.e. "a sworn person" or "a foreigner who has taken service with a new lord by a treaty of fealty to him, or protégé".[17][18] Some scholars seem to assume a derivation with the common suffix -ing-.[19] Yet, this suffix is inflected differently in Old Norse, and furthermore, the word is attested with -gangia- in other Germanic languages in the Early Middle Ages: Old English wærgenga, Old Frankish wargengus, Langobardic waregang.[20] The reduction of the second part of the word is parallel to that seen in Old Norse foringi "leader" = Old English foregenga, Gothic fauragangja "steward
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Varangians

I mean it this time, lol goodnight.

#4762    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

My post 3194, page 213 (the empty spaces won't show up because I don't know how to 'multiquote', so please check that post for yourself to see what I wrote):

View PostAbramelin, on 23 February 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

And my respons to Tony, after he suggested the flood may have been minor and not registered:

From post 2934, page 196:

I have tried to find some online archives of Leeuwarden, but nothing reaches up to the 13th century.

But from all those old documents and manuscripts I have read for this thread, I learned that around th 13th century and before, dates were written in Roman numbers.

OK, so 1255 would be MCCLV.

Then I read somewhere (it was not about the OLB, btw) that a -V- , quickly written, could look like an -X- , and so would create a different date when translated into modern (Arabic) numbers.

Now let's see what we would get: MCCLV could have been MCCLX, or 1260.
Or, MCCLV could have been MCCIX, or 1209.

What I want to show is this: the date of MCCLV (1255 AD) for some flood may not show up in the archives because it, incorrectly, looks like MCCLX (=1260 AD) or like MCCIX (=1209 AD).

So, there is a possibility the 1255 AD flood doesn't show up anywhere because it's Latin numbers were incorrectly read/interpreted.

This may seem like holding on to a straw, lol, or even farfetched, but we have seen in this thread that a minor misreading of a letter in the OLB text can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

Now 'all' we have to do is find a flood occurring at 1209 and 1260 in some (online) archive of a northern, Frisian city.

Btw, that would mean we also have to search in German archives, like for instance those of Rüstringen (or Wilhelmshaven).

Der alte Gau Rüstringen wurde durch die Sturmfluten des 12. bis 15. Jahrhunderts, bei denen der Jadebusen entstand, auseinandergerissen

Translation:
The old gau Rüstringen was torn apart due to storm surges from the 12th to 15th Century, when the Jade Bay was formed.

http://de.wikipedia....iki/Rüstringen

MCCLV = 1255
MCCLI = 1251

1251 Jever: Sturmflut

http://www.klausdede...rundjade&sub=07

Jever is now what once was the larger area of Rüstringen.

I am still trying to find that flood the OLB talks about in the beginning of the manuscript ("Okke, my son" and all that).

Tony said it may have been too insignificant to put on record, but the OLB says people needed to get rescued.

If there is any thruth in the OLB, we should be able to find the date of that flood, the flood that almost destroyed the last copy of the OLB.

So, assuming the OLB is about the truth and nothing but the truth, then maybe the left or right stroke of the letter -V- faded away in time, and only left one stroke, and thus would be seen as an -I-.

Or 1251 instead of 1255.

--

I am trying, you know, I really am, lol.

+++++++

EDIT:

(apparently there was a flood in 1251, but you won't see it in the next animation)

Posted Image

This is the kind of thing I am after to PROVE that the OLB is telling the truth.

As I have said many times, 'wordfk', and lego-etymology and twisting myths and legends to unrecognizable shapes will not convince anyone but the OLB believers.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 May 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#4763    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

We need "hard" evidence.

Hard evidence is not the same as playing with words (and calling it 'etymologý') and twisting around ancient myths, it's ancient records (not myths), it's archeology - solid matter- , it's (in this case) geology.

We do need solid proof in this thread, or we will dance around eachother till Hell freezes over.

And FYI, the ancient -Frisian- name for the North Sea was HELL, and there was a river called LETHE (a tributary of the Hunte river) in the Oldenburg county, close to Rüstringen, Alan country.

That adds up nicely to the Athens, Egypteland, King of Egypt, Rome, Mediteranean I already found in that Frisian area.

The creators of the OLB sure did know about topography.

+++

EDIT:

You all still get my drift?

They used ancient Frisian myths and fabulations, and then combined it with ancient Roman and Greek sources to create a stunning myth of the history of the  Fryans/Frisians.

Edited by Abramelin, 09 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#4764    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 09 May 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Apparently with Hungarian it is not as hard as it first looks, word formation starts with a 'root' and you build on it.

Hungarian is one of the most difficult languages to master as a foreigner.

But Puzz here thinks that lego-play can help her out.

Well Puzz, your next holiday should be to Hungaria, and then you will know how wrong you are.

#4765    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 09 May 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

Hungarian is one of the most difficult languages to master as a foreigner.

But Puzz here thinks that lego-play can help her out.

Well Puzz, your next holiday should be to Hungaria, and then you will know how wrong you are.
Jó reggelt!

I agree, I said what the book said, it's not that 'hard' or daunting once you understand the "certain regularity and code to the language which, once grasped, can help enormously. Word formation is agglutinative, meaning that you start with a root and build on it."

There is complicated rules like any language and I don't intent to master it but understand the basic word formations for a start.

#4766    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

OKKE MY SON—

You must preserve these books with body and soul. They contain the history of all our people, as well as of our forefathers. Last year I saved them in the flood, as well as you and your mother; but they got wet, and therefore began to perish. In order not to lose them, I copied them on foreign paper.

In case you inherit them, you must copy them likewise, and your children must do so too, so that they may never be lost.

Written at Liuwert, in the three thousand four hundred and forty-ninth year after Atland was submerged—that is, according to the Christian reckoning, the year 1256.

Hiddo, surnamed Over de Linda.—Watch.

You are putting way too much faith in the Christian Reckoning.

It's three thousand four hundred and forty nine years since the sinking of Atland, THAT IS, ACCORDING TO THE CHRISTIAN RECKONING - the year 1256.

He knows it's 3449 years since the sinking and his phrase is 'that is , according to the Christian reckoning, 1256 - the only thing making it`1256 is the Christian Reckoning. Do don't think they might have been off a few years somewhere when they created that Anno Domini time...

It's only a few years out, he should probably be saying it was 1251 or 1252, but he is actually not saying it's any date, he's telling us the date in accordance to Christian Reckoning.

You're like one of these people who goes around disproving the Bible because something is not in exact date alignment somewhere.

Edited by The Puzzler, 09 May 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#4767    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Just for interest here's a cool list of all events and phenomena recorded in the newspaper in the Middle Ages, weather wise, some example of it...

-----

1249 November 24
Cambery
Landslide
Many villages lost

1250 October 1
North Sea
Gale & sea flood
Great damage, England, Holland, Flanders

1251 May 19
England
Thunderstorm & tornado
Thunderstorm damaged Windsor. Funnel cloud seen, St. Albans

1252 January 13
England & Ireland
Gale
E and SW gales caused much damage

1252 March 13
England
Obscuration
Sun, Moon and stars of a red colour for 15 days

1252 March - Jul;y
England, Ireland
Drought
Summer heat day & night. Shannon dried up

1254 January 1
England
Aurora?
'Ship' in air at night at St. Albans

1255 April 8
Prague
Tornado
‘Swirl’ damaged many buildings

1255 summer
Lombardy
Seiches?
Lakes & rivers rose & fell

Arabia
Volcano
Eruption near Medina

------

http://www.phenomena...e32/page32.html

#4768    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

I can't attach the list I wanted to on this page: http://en.wikipedia...._Azari_language

Some Azari Words with Other Iranian languages, in a box.

That's part of the ancient Azari language - that is IE speakers of AZERbaijan.

Interesting place this Azerbaijan with their Azari language and I still think the language is connected to the Berbers.

What sticks out at me is the word sor, ser, sal, sal, then it says YEAR/SOL.

The word is interchangable - year is sol, they are the same descending out of this language.

The word year would have come about from the movement of Sol (Saule).

The Juul was this equation.

One circuit of the Sun equalled the Juul. Which equalled one year.

berz etc is obviously high like berg.

What about DEL as heart, that's interesting isn't it....?

What is your heart but a triangle shape that I'm sure I could define a meaning for it to be thought of as a delta...

Love frees you... :wub:

#4769    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

View PostOtharus, on 09 May 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

So, can anyone summarize a credible hoax theory by now?
Not me...  :rofl:

#4770    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,361 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

View PostSlimJim22, on 09 May 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

It is an interesting theory to suppose that the Guti, Getae, Goths, Juts, Jats and more were all names for the same people who went on to become Kurds as well as assimilated into other cultures. I found a fairly extensive site, not sure of its credibility but they case is that rufism (red hair) is the main identifying mark genetically. Don't expect you to agree but check it out.

http://jatistan.blog...us-gutians.html

If there is substance to the claims then that is a pretty amazing area that the culture could have covered.
Hebrews are also defined by a reddish hair and fair skin, think of people like Barbra Streisand too, I actually look somewhat like Barbra, so I get told, it's my nose, it doesn't help.

I do not have a Jewish nose, I have an aquiline nose or more commonly known as a Roman nose. It has no hook, it's a straight nose, with a bridge bump - my nose is like Princess Diana's was. This nose is not Asian, it is Teutonic.

It's not Nordic as such but a Germanic Teuton nose - the Tudors (Teutors) had this nose and we all know Elizabeth had reddish hair and fair skin, I can guarantee you she had an aquiline nose.

It's a very English nose, with our largish, long heads and long, larger noses, they simply match our face and our build but unfortunately do not appear so 'pretty' as little snub noses. Speaking of, my husband has one of those - a snub nose - he's English heritage too, the difference is his mother's mother is FINNISH. The Nordic Finnish snub, small nose is not Teutonic.

Cyrus has a typical Persian nose, which is exactly a Jewish nose, it's a variation of a Roman nose - aquiline noses are often referred to as eagle noses or beakish, but Roman noses do not look like that at all, only hooked Jewish, Persian noses, like they find on Egyptian mummies too. A Roman nose has a distinct point on the end as my nose has, it is not a hook or an eagle beak shape.
Posted Image

The difference is the bump, the bump is low on the Jewish/Persian nose making it turn down at the end which makes it hook shape or beak shape.

THIS is a proper Roman nose, the bump is higher and the nose therefore is straight but has a bridge bump.
Posted Image

Here's a whole forum on it if you wanted to investigate this further - Roman nose vs Jewish nose: http://dodona.proboa...int&thread=7720

What it shows is that Romans in Rome were Teutonic. The Jewish nose is different and is from the same base as the Persian nose,(which originally probably were the same as the Teutonics nose and centred in the Caucasus) the Arab nose now is a wonky combo of the 2. They all look like they have broken noses.

Here's the Swedish Prince Carl, hardly blonde is he...? He looks nothing like what I'd expect one to look like..
Posted Image
http://en.wikipedia....ke_of_Värmland

Here's Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco, his father was Italian.
Posted Image
http://www.hellomaga...drea-casiraghi/

Andrea is a picture of Teutonicness while Prince Carl looks like he should be anywhere but Sweden.

Andrea has a Roman nose, from his father, and Teutonic looks from him too, an Italian. This is the ancient line of German Teutonic people in the area of the Riviera, which incidently is at the area of Liguria, where I stated earlier I believe a Northern European intrusion took place, by sailing men, who became the sailors of Geneva, of whom Christopher Columbus was one.

OK, I'll come back later tonight, that was just observation to use to compare other things to as I go along.

Edited by The Puzzler, 10 May 2011 - 01:13 AM.