Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#6496    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 07 October 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

LOL, I only gave an English equivalent of the Dutch saying "to promise cows with golden horns", and it was "to promise the moon", but NOT that it had anything to do with the Moon or that it was some sort of translation.

No doubt other languages will have a totally different equivalent for that Dutch saying.

It's about nothing else but promising something you know you can't deliver (aka "to lie"), and just to make the other person feel good.

Another great Dutch saying which is rather similar: "Veel beloven en weinig geven doet de gek in vreugde leven". (Promise a lot and don't give much, that will make the fool stay happy).

Yes, co-incidence hey?

It made me think some more though, and I realised Apollo was moon not Sun, then it all became clear, because Shiva/Rudra is Apollo and he is a Moon God and of course, so is Diana, big time.

It was the Moon cult they bought into Europe. Juliet pleads with Romeo to not swear by the Moon, it's so false and untrustworthy.

It's all fitting into place now so much better. I couldn't figure out why the Sun would come in when the Sun seemed already such an ancient symbol for the Fryans.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#6497    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

Not only that but it's always been magicians and Magi associated with the night, all the stars and moons you see stereo-typed on wizards hats. Diana's cult strongly resisted Christianty. It also means more than likely that Troy was a Moon cult city too and that the cult of Dionysus was also Moon based and his mother, the Moon, Semele, a Phoenician was killed by Zeus, while he then raised him. It's throwing off the Moon cult imo.

Here's a website might be interesting...http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

Many ancient peoples regarded the Moon as the chief of the two luminaries. “The sun was of smaller importance than the moon in the eyes of the Babylonian astrologers.”

Also
The Assyrians and the Chaldeans referred to the time of the Moon-god as the oldest period in the memory of the people: before other planetary gods came to dominate the world ages, the Moon was the supreme deity. Such references are found in the inscriptions of Sargon II (ca. -720)(2) and Nabonidus (ca. -550).(3) The Babylonian Sin—the Moon—was a very ancient deity: Mount Sinai owes its name to Sin.

Assyrian art reflects this moon influence far more strikingly than that of Panammu I.The figure of himself which he caused to be carved in relief on the left side of the palace-inscription is in the Assyrian style , and so too is another of his reliefs from Zenjirli. On the latter Bar-rekub is represented seated upon his throne with eunuch and scribe in attendance, while in the field is the emblem of full moon and crescent, here ascribed to "Ba`al of Harran", the famous centre of moon-worship in Northern Mesopotamia.

http://www.greatdrea...oon_worship.htm

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Lunar_deity
Isis, Diana and Artemis are well known Moon Goddesses but there's many others. Sin, Nanna, Selene.

THIS is what the Magyars were bringing in to Scandinavia.

#6498    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

View Postgranpa, on 07 October 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

Yes, they do.

Thanks for the links.

The more I think about the OLB and the date of the last entry the more I think it's actually all based in more like this...

The Crusades were a series of religiously sanctioned military campaigns, called by the Pope and with the main goal of restoring Christian control of the Holy Land. The crusaders came from all over western Europe. The main series of Crusades occurred between 1095 and 1291; historians have given them numbers, later unnumbered crusades were also taken up for a variety of reasons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

#6499    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

smoke and mirrors of the aztecs (equivalent to coniraya viracocha [sea foam] of the incas and ouranos of the greeks)
was a major moon god.

even though ouranos is a sky god he has connections to the moon.
he is the father of venus.

http://books.google....racocha&f=false

Edited by granpa, 08 October 2011 - 01:10 AM.

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#6500    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

View Postgranpa, on 07 October 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

But not all the time, which is why I got confused...
Posted Image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

#6501    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

View Postgranpa, on 08 October 2011 - 01:05 AM, said:

smoke and mirrors of the aztecs (equivalent to coniraya viracocha [sea foam] of the incas and ouranos of the greeks)
was a major moon god.

even though ouranos is a sky god he has connections to the moon.
he is the father of venus.

http://books.google....racocha&f=false

I've never heard of Ouranos being a Moon God, he is always a sky God, I don't know much about Inca Gods though, I've never heard any being compared to Greek Gods. Venus should be Venus, the star that would rise above the ocean, to me that explains her birth, she did rise from the sea...
Oddly enough though, the Greeks equated her with Hathor, above.

PS: Isis is often said to be a solar deity too, not a Moon one and Juno (Hera) is Isis as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
I'd go Isis as a solar deity then, not a Moon one as stated in another article, she and Hathor once wore the same headdress.
But then you get this:

Some of Isis's many other titles were:

Queen of Heaven,
Mother of the Gods,
The One Who is All,
Lady of Green Crops,
The Brilliant One in the Sky,
Star of the Sea,[20]
Great Lady of Magic,
Mistress of the House of Life,
She Who Knows How To Make Right Use of the Heart,
Light-Giver of Heaven,
Lady of the Words of Power,
Moon Shining Over the Sea.

Edited by The Puzzler, 08 October 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#6502    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

http://religion.wiki...ki/Tezcatlipoca

His name in the Nahuatl language is often translated as "Smoking Mirror"

In one of the Aztec accounts of creation, Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca joined forces to create the world. Before their act there was only the sea and the crocodilian earthmonster called Cipactli. To attract her, Tezcatlipoca used his foot as bait, and Cipactli ate it. The two gods then captured her, and distorted her to make the land from her body. After that, they created the people, and people had to offer sacrifices to comfort Cipactli for her sufferings. Because of this, Tezcatlipoca is depicted with a missing foot

Edited by granpa, 08 October 2011 - 01:50 AM.

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you

Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#6503    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

http://religion.wiki.../wiki/Aphrodite

"Foam-arisen" Aphrodite was born of the sea foam near Paphos, Cyprus after Cronus severed Uranus' genitals and threw them behind him into the sea, while the Erinyes emerged from the drops of blood. Hesiod's Theogony described that the genitals "were carried over the sea a long time, and white foam arose from the immortal flesh; with it a girl grew" to become Aphrodite. Aphrodite floated in on a scallop shell. When she arose, she was hailed as "Cyprian," and is referred to as such often, especially in the poetic works of Sappho. This myth of a fully mature Venus (the Roman name for Aphrodite), Venus Anadyomene[13] ("Venus Rising From the Sea") was one of the iconic representations of Aphrodite, made famous in a much-admired painting by Apelles, now lost, but described in the Natural History of Pliny the Elder.

#6504    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

aphrodite is venus.

like eros she belongs to a class of gods that are hard to define exactly

they have associations with many things.

sun, moon, venus, the dome of the sky, sex, life...

Edited by granpa, 08 October 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#6505    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

But none of you ever said a single word about the Vikings being called "Magi" or "fire worshippers" by the Arabs.

Heh.

Yeah, better forget about that one.

You all better start focussing on the moon.

It must feel so relaxing to have some sort of excuse to digress from the topic at hand.

So let's talk about moon-cults and all that, throw in some goddesses, but leave out anything remotely connected to that manuscript, the Oera Linda Book.

Edited by Abramelin, 08 October 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#6506    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 October 2011 - 02:25 AM, said:

But none of you ever said a single word about the Vikings being called "Magi" or "fire worshippers" by the Arabs.

Heh.

Yeah, better forget about that one.

You all better start focussing on the moon.

It must feel so relaxing to have some sort of excuse to digress from the topic at hand.

So let's talk about moon-cults and all that, throw in some goddesses, but leave out anything remotely connected to that manuscript, the Oera Linda Book.

Who the Magyar were and what they bought in (cows with golden horns) to tempt the whole of Northern Europe imo is certainly connected to the OLB.

It's what it's all about.

#6507    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

But the fact that the Vikings - on whose stories the OLB most certainly is based on - were called "Magi" doesn't appear to be interesting enough for the two of you, or anyone here.

The fact that the first Viking to ever attack Frisian territory was called "Godfried the Seaking aka Godfried the Viking" almost had the same name as "Godfreyath the Witkening, a Seaking" was too much of a coincidence, and so better be ignored.

And I could continue like this for half an hour.

But please, continue with vague connections from the other end of the globe.

Edited by Abramelin, 08 October 2011 - 03:15 AM.

#6508    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 October 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

But the fact that the Vikings - on whose stories the OLB most certainly is based on - were called "Magi" doesn't appear to be interesting enough for the two of you, or anyone here.

The fact that the first Viking to ever attack Frisian territory was called "Godfried the Seaking aka Godfried the Viking" almost had the same name as "Godfreyath the Witkening, a Seaking" was too much of a coincidence, and so better be ignored.

And I could continue like this for half an hour.

But please, continue with vague connections from the other end of the globe.

That's all fine but the OLB says the Magyar were around when Atland sank, 2193BC - so really you are just going off track on your mission to discredit it.

You already answered any questions I had about why the Vikings were called Magi.
Btw, I hope you remember what I posted (you were gone for a while) about the Vikings being called "Magi" by the Arabs? And why? Because according to the Arabs these Viking raiders were 'fire worshippers', and that was the Arab way of saying these Vikings had a primitive religion.

Of course the Vikings did, they came up from Russia.

You THINK that Godfried the Viking is Godfreyath the Witkening - I could call it a 'vague connection' - I'm ignoring it cause I have plenty of my own unsubstantiated ideas to deal with.

Edited by The Puzzler, 08 October 2011 - 03:51 AM.

#6509    thatRobGuy

thatRobGuy

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 08 October 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

But not all the time, which is why I got confused...
Posted Image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

Hey that's my favorite Goddess!

Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!   ~Me

#6510    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

View PostthatRobGuy, on 08 October 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

Hey that's my favorite Goddess!
That's great.

You reminded me it's John Lennon's birthday tomorrow, which is my own birthday too, so all I can say is Imagine.  :innocent:

RIP John Lennon.

Edited by The Puzzler, 08 October 2011 - 03:59 AM.