Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#7171    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

Aken the town imo will not be related to the word Aken as in ache.

From Middle English aken (v), and ache (noun), from Old English acan (v) (from Proto-Germanic *akanan (“to be bad, be evil”)) and æċe (noun) (from Proto-Germanic *akiz), both from Proto-Indo-European *ag- (“sin, crime”). Cognate with Low German aken, äken (“to hurt, ache”), North Frisian akelig, æklig (“terrible, miserable, sharp, intense”), West Frisian aaklik (“nasty, horrible, dismal, dreary”), Dutch akelig (“nasty, horrible”). The noun was originally pronounced as spelled--with a palatized ch sound (compare batch < bake); and the verb was originally strong, conjugating for tense like take (eg. I ake, I oke, I have aken ), but gradually becoming weak during Middle English. Historically the verb was spelled ake, and the noun as ache (--Shak.). Confusion arose when Dr Johnson mistakingly cited derivation from Ancient Greek ἄχος (áchos, “pain”), due to the similarites in form and meaning.

I can't get over how it sounds like a Pharoah that was condsidered bad and evil - aken - akan-an Proto-German  - akan+aten = bad, evil aten. Aten is his God - that God had been bad, evil.
West Frisian aaklik - ache like - like pain/dismal

Aten

a-ten

a + enclose(tena)

like an enclosure - it is round. an-enclose - a circle.

This form is an early form of palace or Kingdom - it started with an enclosure, a fenced area - of pales, as in palings - this word became Palace.

A turning circle, one that goes around and around until it reaches it's end and makes a circle.

"as with a lathe" - this is how Poseidon made Atlantis, he turned it, as with a lathe.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7172    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 02 November 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

No, but I met an Apol in the OLB.

And, in case you forgot, Napoleon was a Gaul/Golar.
Apol means pole, pillar, probably a good standing 'pillar of society'.

What's interesting is Napoleons name and where he came from... Genoa - ancient Liguria. Who I say were ancient Fryan types.

Napoleon was born in Corsica to parents of noble Genoese ancestry and trained as an artillery officer in mainland France.

Napoleon's name would mean something like Apol - except maybe 'a new pillar'.

Maybe I'm wrong about who wrote the OLB, maybe it was written after Napoleon's time.

Then the false priests shall be swept away from the earth. Wr-alda’s spirit shall be invoked everywhere and always; the laws that Wr-alda in the beginning instilled into our consciences shall alone be listened to. There shall be neither princes, nor masters, nor rulers, except those chosen by the general voice. Then Frya shall rejoice, and the earth will only bestow her gifts on those who work. All this shall begin 4000 years after the submersion of Atland, and 1000 years later there shall exist no longer either priest or oppression.

Dela, surnamed Hellenia, watch!


Like I said, the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved at that time - the false priests were swept away from the Earth...


He probably sat back and thought "Gosa Makonta!"

Edited by The Puzzler, 03 November 2011 - 05:21 AM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7173    Knul

Knul

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2011

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

On old maps one finds a north-west shift. The island marked in green wouldn't be Massalia (Marseille).

Attached Thumbnails

  • Anglo-Saxon map 990 AD (B).jpg

Edited by Knul, 03 November 2011 - 06:51 AM.


#7174    granpa

granpa

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Joined:14 May 2011

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

aten = athena

In Greek mythology, Athena, Athenê, or Athene (play /əˈθiːnə/ or /əˈθiːniː/; Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnā or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaia; Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaiē; Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athēnē; Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athana), also referred to as Pallas Athena/Athene (play /ˈpæləs/; Παλλὰς Ἀθηνᾶ; Παλλὰς Ἀθήνη), is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice, and skill. Minerva, Athena's Roman incarnation, embodies similar attributes

Plato, in Cratylus (407B) gave the etymology of her name as signifying "the mind of god", theou noesis.
The Christian apologist of the 2nd century Justin Martyr takes issue with those pagans who erect at springs images of Kore, whom he interprets as Athena:
"They said that Athena was the daughter of Zeus not from intercourse, but when the god had in mind the making of a world through a word (logos) his first thought was Athena"

(I guess that makes athena a sort of 'logos of God' or 'reason of God' or 'great reason')

Minerva (Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess whom Hellenizing Romans from the 2nd century BC onwards equated with the Greek goddess Athena. She was the virgin goddess of poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts, magic, and the care-giver or inventor of music.[1] She is often depicted with her sacred creature, an owl, which symbolizes her ties to wisdom.

Stemming from an Italic moon goddess *Meneswā 'She who measures', the Etruscans adopted the inherited Old Latin name, *Menerwā, thereby calling her Menrva. Extrapolating from her Roman nature, it is assumed that in Etruscan mythology, Minerva was the goddess of wisdom, war, art, schools and commerce. She was the Etruscan counterpart to Greek Athena. Like Athena, Minerva was born from the head of her father, Jupiter (Greek Zeus).

Her name is indigenous to Italy and might even be of Etruscan origin, stemming from an Italic moon goddess *Meneswā 'She who measures', the Etruscans adopted the inherited Old Latin name, *Menerwā, thereby calling her Menrva. This has been disputed, however.[8] Carl Becker noted[9] that her name appears to contain the PIE root *men-, which he notes was linked in Greek primarily to memory words (cf. Greek "mnestis"/μνῆστις 'memory, remembrance, recollection'), but which more generally referred to 'mind' in most Indo-European languages.

Athena in modern mythology:
Posted Image

Edited by granpa, 03 November 2011 - 07:42 AM.

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#7175    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Napoleon knew his job.  

"As the nation was perishing I was born. Thirty thousand Frenchmen were vomited on to our shores, drowning the throne of liberty in waves of blood. Such was the odious sight which was the first to strike me."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon

Romeo and Juliet. I told you once what their names meant. Something like

Rom - eo + jul + iet

eo is just meaning male as in Mario - ia is female, like Maria

Rom - ram,

iet is iette, it means female or little - (iette) itty  - bitty

Jul, now that's interesting. Jul is actually not in the Frisian Dictionary.... neither is any form of it that I can see, anyone? It is as jol in the OLB.

Maybe it's actually - ju -liet - ju - light - there is je which is 'got' - or ja = confess/yes/yah/jah (Yes, I did it).
Ju in Frisian.?  Whatever that is + light.

liet being 'light'

Think about a phrase in Romeo and Juliet, she asks Romeo not to swear by the Moon, which he does - it's so changeable, she says - star cross'd lovers they are.

Could be Romeo is actually the Moon and Juliet is the 'Light'.

Edited by The Puzzler, 03 November 2011 - 07:32 AM.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7176    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

View Postgranpa, on 03 November 2011 - 07:04 AM, said:

aten = athena

In Greek mythology, Athena, Athenê, or Athene (play /əˈθiːnə/ or /əˈθiːniː/; Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnā or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaia; Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaiē; Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athēnē; Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athana), also referred to as Pallas Athena/Athene (play /ˈpæləs/; Παλλὰς Ἀθηνᾶ; Παλλὰς Ἀθήνη), is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, warfare, strength, strategy, female arts, crafts, justice, and skill. Minerva, Athena's Roman incarnation, embodies similar attributes

Plato, in Cratylus (407B) gave the etymology of her name as signifying "the mind of god", theou noesis.
The Christian apologist of the 2nd century Justin Martyr takes issue with those pagans who erect at springs images of Kore, whom he interprets as Athena:
"They said that Athena was the daughter of Zeus not from intercourse, but when the god had in mind the making of a world through a word (logos) his first thought was Athena"

(I guess that makes athena a sort of 'logos of God' or 'reason of God' or 'great reason')

Minerva (Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess whom Hellenizing Romans from the 2nd century BC onwards equated with the Greek goddess Athena. She was the virgin goddess of poetry, medicine, wisdom, commerce, weaving, crafts, magic, and the care-giver or inventor of music.[1] She is often depicted with her sacred creature, an owl, which symbolizes her ties to wisdom.

Stemming from an Italic moon goddess *Meneswā 'She who measures', the Etruscans adopted the inherited Old Latin name, *Menerwā, thereby calling her Menrva. Extrapolating from her Roman nature, it is assumed that in Etruscan mythology, Minerva was the goddess of wisdom, war, art, schools and commerce. She was the Etruscan counterpart to Greek Athena. Like Athena, Minerva was born from the head of her father, Jupiter (Greek Zeus).

Athena in modern mythology:
Posted Image
Can't say I didn't think of Athena as Aten but it at first seems odd but maybe the more I look the clearer it becomes.

Aten = Athena.

The Frisians did use a H according to the OLB, remember Kornhelia was good Frisian, Kornelia was bad Fryan/Frisian.

A- t(h )en

Athens was meant to be named after a possible 'atha' friends or something like it.

A circle (of friends) = a whole group of friends - atha  - your friends, your circle around you. Aether, air. You being the central point. The brain ? Note Athena is not an Olympian God.

The 12 Olympians - the Palladian of Pallas Athena, the Palladium.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7177    Knul

Knul

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2011

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 03 November 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

Apol means pole, pillar, probably a good standing 'pillar of society'.

What's interesting is Napoleons name and where he came from... Genoa - ancient Liguria. Who I say were ancient Fryan types.

Napoleon was born in Corsica to parents of noble Genoese ancestry and trained as an artillery officer in mainland France.

Napoleon's name would mean something like Apol - except maybe 'a new pillar'.

Maybe I'm wrong about who wrote the OLB, maybe it was written after Napoleon's time.

Then the false priests shall be swept away from the earth. Wr-alda’s spirit shall be invoked everywhere and always; the laws that Wr-alda in the beginning instilled into our consciences shall alone be listened to. There shall be neither princes, nor masters, nor rulers, except those chosen by the general voice. Then Frya shall rejoice, and the earth will only bestow her gifts on those who work. All this shall begin 4000 years after the submersion of Atland, and 1000 years later there shall exist no longer either priest or oppression.

Dela, surnamed Hellenia, watch!


Like I said, the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved at that time - the false priests were swept away from the Earth...


He probably sat back and thought "Gosa Makonta!"

How about Napolitana, inhabitants of Naples (I) ?


#7178    Knul

Knul

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2011

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 03 November 2011 - 07:28 AM, said:

Can't say I didn't think of Athena as Aten but it at first seems odd but maybe the more I look the clearer it becomes.

Aten = Athena.

The Frisians did use a H according to the OLB, remember Kornhelia was good Frisian, Kornelia was bad Fryan/Frisian.

A- t(h )en

Athens was meant to be named after a possible 'atha' friends or something like it.

A circle (of friends) = a whole group of friends - atha  - your friends, your circle around you. Aether, air. You being the central point. The brain ? Note Athena is not an Olympian God.

The 12 Olympians - the Palladian of Pallas Athena, the Palladium.

Oldfrisian atha = allies cfr. ath-Eng. oath. German Eidgenossen. OLB says, that the city of Athen has been so called for its hospitality for friends. Atha is also found in the name of Adel IV Atha-rik (explained as rich of friends). The OLB explanation is not correct, because the city of Athens has been named after the goddess Athena.

Edited by Knul, 03 November 2011 - 07:45 AM.


#7179    Knul

Knul

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Joined:08 May 2011

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 03 November 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Napoleon knew his job.  

"As the nation was perishing I was born. Thirty thousand Frenchmen were vomited on to our shores, drowning the throne of liberty in waves of blood. Such was the odious sight which was the first to strike me."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon

Romeo and Juliet. I told you once what their names meant. Something like

Rom - eo + jul + iet

eo is just meaning male as in Mario - ia is female, like Maria

Rom - ram,

iet is iette, it means female or little - (iette) itty  - bitty

Jul, now that's interesting. Jul is actually not in the Frisian Dictionary.... neither is any form of it that I can see, anyone? It is as jol in the OLB.

Maybe it's actually - ju -liet - ju - light - there is je which is 'got' - or ja = confess/yes/yah/jah (Yes, I did it).
Ju in Frisian.?  Whatever that is + light.

liet being 'light'

Think about a phrase in Romeo and Juliet, she asks Romeo not to swear by the Moon, which he does - it's so changeable, she says - star cross'd lovers they are.

Could be Romeo is actually the Moon and Juliet is the 'Light'.

This is a very romantic explanation. A moonlight serenade.


#7180    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostKnul, on 03 November 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

How about Napolitana, inhabitants of Naples (I) ?
All pol words probably will be pole, polis, central pillar - Apollo - the beginning of a society. Which Apollo was the God of, intituting cultured societies.
apol = apl in Naples. ?
Maybe even transferring to 'apple', which is the top of the Pole. Top of the Tree.

When the apple fell...well, Newton discovered gravity.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7181    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostKnul, on 03 November 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

Oldfrisian atha = allies cfr. ath-Eng. oath. German Eidgenossen. OLB says, that the city of Athen has been so called for its hospitality for friends. Atha is also found in the name of Adel IV Atha-rik (explained as rich of friends). The OLB explanation is not correct, because the city of Athens has been named after the goddess Athena.
No, only through myth we know it as being named after Athena.

Anyway, Athena is the same word. She's the circle of friends. the atha. the centre of the circle actually, the mind. the circle is your body. I gave an explanation of her name just previously.

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7182    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,848 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2007

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

View PostKnul, on 03 November 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

This is a very romantic explanation. A moonlight serenade.
:tu:

"The agony and the irony, they're killing me"
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger

#7183    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,124 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

View PostKnul, on 03 November 2011 - 06:46 AM, said:

On old maps one finds a north-west shift. The island marked in green wouldn't be Massalia (Marseille).

No, it most certainly is Sardinia. But all the proportions and distances are heavily distorted.

=

Hecataeus of Miletus (c.550-c.490): Greek geographer and researcher, designer of a world map and author of a book on chronology.

Posted Image

http://www.livius.or...s/hecataeus.htm



Hecataeus' map is described by Herodotus:

I laugh when I see that many have designed maps of the earth, yet no one has been able to present the matter in an intelligent way. They draw an Ocean flowing round the earth, which they present as exactly circular, and they make Asia equal in size to Europe.

Map by Herodotus:

Posted Image



Again the map by Hecataeus (posted on UM, 2009   http://www.unexplain...howtopic=152591 ):

Posted Image


#7184    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,124 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 03 November 2011 - 03:04 AM, said:

Misselja means insufficiently in Frisian - it was an insufficient deal, a bad deal.

It doesn't have an M in it - didn't you tell me you couldn't just change one letter to make it fit without reason.

If you can show it as the same word as Misselja - which I found in the Frisian dictionary imo as insuffiently or at least find it with an M so the word might be the same..maybe it could be it then.

Then I find a place called New Holland and the Dutch landed here - gee, I must be in Holland!!

"to make it fit without reason"

I had very good reasons.

It indeed doesn't have an -m- in it, but 'mwuah', who cares? lol

Can you tell me why in very ancient history north Africa was called "Libya", but only the OLB calls it "Lydia"?

I can: they (the creators of the OLB) simply mirrored the -b-.

Same thing with the -m- in Massilia: mirror it, and voila: "Wassilia".

Oh well, must be another joke to make the readers of the OLB go out on a wild goose chase.


#7185    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,124 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostKnul, on 03 November 2011 - 01:47 AM, said:

Let me guess, Napoleon was exiled to the island Wexellia in the Middelse, but escaped to Elba.

Go to top-right of this page, and enter "1806" and click on the magnifying glass to perform the search. Be sure you are in this topic.