Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#9091    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Thrittich jêr aeftere dêi that thju folksmoder wmbrocht was thrvch thêne vreste Mâgy  (2) stand et er aerg vm to. Alle stâta thêr-er lidsa anda ôre syde thêre Wrsara, wêron fon vs ofkêrth aend vnder-et weld thes Magy kêmen, aend-et stand to frêsane, that er weldig skolde wertha vr-et êlle lând.

Dertig jaar na de dag, dat de volksmoeder door de overste Magy omgebracht was, was het er beroerd aan toe. Alle staten, die aan de overkant van de Weser liggen, waren van ons afgekeerd en onder het gezag van de Magy gekomen. Het viel te vrezen, dat hij gewelddadig* zou worden over het hele land.

Thirty years after the day on which the folk-mother was murdered by the commander Magy was a time of great distress -
1. All the states that lie on the other side of the Wrsara had been wrested from us, and had fallen under the power of Magy, and it looked as if his power was to become supreme over the whole land.

*Gewelddadig should be replaced by machtig. Thanks Otharus.

Edited by Knul, 29 December 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#9092    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

I have not read COL's essay. Could you communicate the text?
Yes, I'll be happy to post and translate it.

Give me some time for that, as I don't have the book with me now and will be moving house next week (from Westfriesland to West-Friesland) and it might take some time to get a new internet connection.

#9093    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

*Gewelddadig should be replaced by machtig. Thanks Otharus.
You are welcome.

#9094    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,225 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

With Freya as the Spindle, the 3 stars of Orion, that she turned around the sky, I wondered how this could be used, thinking maybe Orion signalled something in, sure enough, he does -

The familiar winter constellation Orion the Hunter can be seen rising in the evening sky during Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21), marking the approach of winter to the Northern Hemisphere, no matter what the weather is like. Whenever you see Orion just clear the eastern horizon at 8:00pm, you will know that the official beginning of winter, the Winter Solstice, is only 3 short weeks away. You'll notice that Orion rises higher and higher in the heavens, as the weeks go on, taking on his role as the lord the winter nights.

Note: As horizontal Orion rises higher above the eastern horizon, he begins to align vertically, until he towers upright due south. By the time he lies above the western horizon he is once again horizontal.

http://souledout.org...navigation.html

He heralds in The Winter Solstice. When Orion rises above the Eastern horizon, it's the official start of the Solstice, he takes his role as Lord of the Winter nights.

Father why are all the children weeping? They are merely crying son. O, are they merely crying father? Yes, true weeping is yet to come...
The Weeping Song - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

#9095    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

I think you are right.
wel-d-ich 29, wel-d-ech, afries., Adj.: nhd. gewaltig, mächtig, gewalthabend, bevollmächtigt, berechtigt, befugt, Amtsgewalt habend; ne. mighty, authorized; Vw.: s. un-; Hw.: vgl. anfrk. weldig, as. *waldig?, ahd. *waltÆg?; Q.: R, W, E, H, B; E.: s. wal-d (2), *-ich; W.: nnordfries. weldeg, Adj., gewaltig, mächtig; L.: Hh 126a, Rh 1133a

I have not read COL's essay. Could you communicate the text ?

That's funny: I think we had already settled that a couple of weeks ago (page 557, post 8350).

Btw, I read the translation on your site. Menno, the part of people being promised cows with golden horns ("koeien met gouden hoorns"). Your Dutch translation still says "red cows wit golden horns", but there never was a 'red' in that sentence.

Cows with golden horns:

View PostAbramelin, on 07 October 2011 - 11:07 AM, said:

We discussed those cows on THIS PAGE and before.

And now we are back to Ra Cows again....

Posted Image

thâ nam_er tha skênsta sinar finna änd mag_
yara.vrlovande ra ky mith golden horna sa
hja_ra thrvch vs folk fata dêdon.äfterdam.
sina lêr vtbrêda. men sin ljuda dêdon

A literal tranlation into Dutch:

Daar/Dan nam hij de schoonste zijner Finnen en Mag-
yaren, belovende hen koeien met gulden hoorns.

..and so on.

There/Then he took the most beautifull of his Fins and Mag-
yars, promising them cows with golden horns.

...and so on.

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2011 - 12:36 PM.

#9096    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Thrittich jêr aeftere dêi that thju folksmoder wmbrocht was thrvch thêne vreste Mâgy  (2) stand et er aerg vm to. Alle stâta thêr-er lidsa anda ôre syde thêre Wrsara, wêron fon vs ofkêrth aend vnder-et weld thes Magy kêmen, aend-et stand to frêsane, that er weldig skolde wertha vr-et êlle lând.

Dertig jaar na de dag, dat de volksmoeder door de overste Magy omgebracht was, was het er beroerd aan toe. Alle staten, die aan de overkant van de Weser liggen, waren van ons afgekeerd en onder het gezag van de Magy gekomen. Het viel te vrezen, dat hij gewelddadig zou worden over het hele land.

Thirty years after the day on which the folk-mother was murdered by the commander Magy was a time of great distress -
1. All the states that lie on the other side of the Wrsara had been wrested from us, and had fallen under the power of Magy, and it looked as if his power was to become supreme over the whole land.

But that quote only says that on the other side of the Weser states had fallen under the power of the Magy. not that East Flyland reached all the way up to the Weser.

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#9097    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,225 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 December 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

That's funny: I think we had already settled that a couple of weeks ago (page 557, post 8350).

Btw, I read the translation on your site. Menno, the part of people being promised cows with golden horns ("koeien met gouden hoorns"). Your Dutch translation still says "red cows wit golden horns", but there never was a 'red' in that sentence.

Cows with golden horns:

Helios had the Sun cattle, which I summise these golden horned cattle were.

Father why are all the children weeping? They are merely crying son. O, are they merely crying father? Yes, true weeping is yet to come...

#9098    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 29 December 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well, as long as you don't base that on the "ra" right after "vrlovande" :

thâ nam_er tha skênsta sinar finna änd mag_
hja_ra thrvch vs folk fata dêdon.äfterdam.
sina lêr vtbrêda. men sin ljuda dêdon

That "ra" is a dative case. In the sentence I quoted it is like "promised to them".

And if you enlarge the image I posted, you will see a faint connecting underscore between 'vrlovande' and 'ra', like "vrlovande_ra".

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#9099    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,225 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I found this, maybe Lyda is Polaris.

Among the stars three have special names:

Arcturus; Dagstjarna, Day star.

Polaris; Leidarstjarna, Guiding star

Vega; Sudrstjarna, South star

http://www.digitalis...rces-norse.html

Frya may have a connection to Arcturus.

#9100    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostThe Puzzler, on 29 December 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

I found this, maybe Lyda is Polaris.

Among the stars three have special names:

Arcturus; Dagstjarna, Day star.

Polaris; Leidarstjarna, Guiding star

Vega; Sudrstjarna, South star

http://www.digitalis...rces-norse.html

Frya may have a connection to Arcturus.

I know, I posted that name for Polaris already.

But from the OLB I do not get the impression Lyda would get Polaris as 'watchstar'.

In fact there wasn't even one assigned to her.

Edited by Abramelin, 29 December 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#9101    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

In my translation the text is correct. s. http://www.rodinbook...lingmodern.html. However, the mistake is made by Ottema in one of his editions. This text shows on my website too: http://www.rodinbook...bvertaling.html.  I am not allowed to change or improve Ottema's text.

#9102    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 December 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

Well, as long as you don't base that on the "ra" right after "vrlovande" :

th nam_er tha sknsta sinar finna nd mag_
hja_ra thrvch vs folk fata ddon.fterdam.
sina lr vtbrda. men sin ljuda ddon

That "ra" is a dative case. In the sentence I quoted it is like "promised to them".

And if you enlarge the image I posted, you will see a faint connecting underscore between 'vrlovande' and 'ra', like "vrlovande_ra".

Correct.

#9103    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

See my comment.

#9104    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

View PostKnul, on 29 December 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

In my translation the text is correct. s. http://www.rodinbook...lingmodern.html. However, the mistake is made by Ottema in one of his editions. This text shows on my website too: http://www.rodinbook...bvertaling.html.  I am not allowed to change or improve Ottema's text.

Ah yes, I forgot about that.

Crazy, isn't it? Just a wrong transliteration of only one letter, and the whole sentence becomes weird and/or invites for totally wrong interpretations.

#9105    Knul

Knul

Psychic Spy

• 1,045 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 December 2011 - 12:05 PM, said:

But that quote only says that on the other side of the Weser states had fallen under the power of the Magy. not that East Flyland reached all the way up to the Weser.

I have pointed out, that the original eastern Frisian territory reached as far as Letland and Lithouwen, but the lands beyond the Weser and Denmark got lost to the Fins and Magyars. The same happened in the western territory: the original western Frisian territory reached as far as Cadiz, but got lost to the Gauls, initially till the Seine and later to the Schelde/Sincfal.