Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Your Faith

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:31 AM

Woo go me!

#17    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Jul 12 2004, 06:31 AM)
Woo go me!

Go me too. Weee!!!!

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#18    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:24 AM

damndirtytreehugginhippiepagan

That's my faith and i'm stickin to it.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#19    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:22 AM

I like your religion The Nameless One.

How can I subcribe to it tongue.gif

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#20    catsrule52

catsrule52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• Zap

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

I dont exactly have a "religon" just a pack of belifs. But I have some religous belifs, like I belive in god and that jesus is the son of god. Church people dun like me cause I dress in black and hardly talk n e.

#21    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Cradle of Fish @ Jul 12 2004, 10:22 AM)
I like your religion The Nameless One.

How can I subcribe to it tongue.gif

Im working on a website as we speak. Welcome to The Cult of The Nameless One. Moohahaha (Evil Laugh) Moohahahaha ahhhhh (Loud scream)!!!! grin2.gif

No seriously go to this website and you will find out some pretty cool information, you should find information about Chaos Magic, ( The Religion) and Chaos Theory ( The Science).

www.magma.ca/~yeti/council.html

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#22    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:03 AM

It's Called Chaos Magic and was kinda started by Aleister Crowley.

#23    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

grin2.gif
I am a Christian who lives and worships as the New Testament says that a Christian should. original.gif

I spent most of my life as a non-believer for all practical purposes. It was'nt until I decided to put my own particular mishmash of beliefs to the test that I came to Christianity. I spent the better part of a year looking into what I then believed to be true, religion in general, and the truthfullness of the Bible. As much as I could, I tried to look into every belief system known to man, figuring that the "Truth" could come from anywhere. I know that there are alot of offshoots and branches of belief systems that were missed, but you have to narrow your parameters somewhat.

A friend asked me at that time what I was working on, and I told him that in part I was looking into whether or not the Bible was true. "That could take a lifetime.", he said. "I know." I replied, reminded of the immensity of just that one part of my overall search for truth.

I firmly believe that the Lord helped me to find the truth, as the Bible says that he will do for anyone. "The Lord is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.", it says.

I believe it.  

#24    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

I believe in the supreme being of God.  
I believe Jesus Christ came to redeem the human race from sins.
I believe the world is full of stupidity and corruption, with organized religion or not.
I believe human fallability does not nullify God's existence and acts.
I believe science is a right way to explore, understand the world, and should make it a better place for eveyone.
I believe life is wonderful even with all the messes going on.
I believe in an interconnected reality for all the gennuine 'supernatural' happenings in the world.
I believe there will be things that I will not be understand just yet, no matter how smart  I am in a human standard.
I believe that all I believe are compatible, though I may not be able to understand all yet.
and, I believe the existence of MOE is just a form of hallucination laugh.gif ...

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

#25    Rakshasas

Rakshasas

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• Wicked Witch

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:56 PM

I`m a Wiccan I believe in the duality of nature.I believe in magic and that this is not my first time here nor will it be my last  

Live well...laugh often..love much

#26    KindredSpirt4125

KindredSpirt4125

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:00 PM

I'm a Christian.  I believe in God, and Jesus.  The bible, however, is a different story.  I don't doubt the entire thing, it's just that, it may be the word of God, but it was written by humans.  And in a totally different language, so tons of stuff was probably lost in the translation.  Plus, some of the stories were probably imbelished by preists to scare people, well, straight.

#27    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

I'm.. not sure what you could classify my beliefs as.

Polytheistic..

Belief that every thing has a spirit.  Much like the beliefs of the native americans.

I also believe that the cures to everything, can be found in nature.. And I've studied herb(ology?)

I put every life form above my own..  I've risked my personal safety catching "dangerous" animals for relocation, instead of allowing Animal control to kll them.

From the age of 6, i was "Wiccan" (as is my father).  Some of those beliefs stay with me, including the Rede.. But my over all view has changed..  I'm not sure if i can still be considered wiccan, or if it's grown into something stronger.

My GF (who was an ancient history/religion major in college)  says my beliefs border between Wicca, and Shamanism..

Damned if i know.

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 13 July 2004 - 09:23 PM.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#28    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:54 PM

Dear cryslal3rose, if you really believe that there's something not right or untrue about The Bible, then you owe it to yourself to look into it and find out If this is the case or whether a dangerous assumption has been made.

Take it from someone who tried really hard to dis-prove The Bible before I was became a Christian, it's not as easy as some would have you believe.

What I found over and over were character judgements of God, and the people involved in the events of The Bible; not actual evidence that it was false mind you, just things along the order of "What kind of God would allow this.." These are character judgements that don't prove anything but our willingness to try and judge OUR judge!

Yes men, and in some cases women were behind the physical writing of the various books of The Bible, but they were guided into Truth through the agency of The Holy Spirit. Without this aspect we cannot be assured of the truthfullness of the Biblical accounts. For me it's quite simple: find one single error that has no possible answer other than it was made up and the credibility of The Bible, and in my opinion, God himself would be destroyed. This cannot happen if there is a perfect God. If there's an imperfect god then how could we trust anything that any work revealing his will would proclaim?

The Bible says many things about God. It says that he's not the author of confusion. It says that he's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness through The Bible and that all scripture is given by his inspiration. It also tells us that he's not willing that any should perish(This is speaking of eternal death;condemnation)but that all should come to repentence.

The answers are definetly out there for those who care to look. We just have to be willing to admit that it's possible that we don't already know it all and be ready to admit that perhaps, we were in fact quite wrong in our assumptions and change our lives accordingly.

My prayers and love are with you all

#29    jpalz

jpalz

Poltergeist

• 2,964 posts

• When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Q-La @ Jul 13 2004, 06:52 PM)
I believe in the supreme being of God.  
I believe Jesus Christ came to redeem the human race from sins.
I believe the world is full of stupidity and corruption, with organized religion or not.
I believe human fallability does not nullify God's existence and acts.
I believe science is a right way to explore, understand the world, and should make it a better place for eveyone.
I believe life is wonderful even with all the messes going on.
I believe in an interconnected reality for all the gennuine 'supernatural' happenings in the world.
I believe there will be things that I will not be understand just yet, no matter how smart  I am in a human standard.
I believe that all I believe are compatible, though I may not be able to understand all yet.
and, I believe the existence of MOE is just a form of hallucination laugh.gif ...

Totally agree with you thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif . Life is a gift, and we musn't waste it.

Posted Image
I've looked for you. Now you've come to see me. And I thank you for it - John Paul II's last words.
To be young and not a revolutionary is a contradiction, even biological
It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum
My blog! :D

#30    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\

Posted 14 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (jpalz @ Jul 13 2004, 11:49 PM)
Totally agree with you thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif . Life is a gift, and we musn't waste it.

I agree as well, life is a gift. thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users