Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampirism

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#121    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

View Postzombeikiller, on 03 October 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:

would be me. right or the other guy yes?

Youre fine. Itd be edward cullen.

the truth is out there....

#122    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

View PostGotavamp, on 03 October 2010 - 10:17 PM, said:

Vampirism is real, and doesn't have to do with just chosing a lifestyle, but on how something gains energy from something else. Those who want to live a lifestyle evolving around vampirism can be dangerious and perhaps some that is the allure. There is a difference between living a fun exotic life of blood drinking, for the allure and turn ons, and one that has a person feels the need to feed off the blood of another.

Some claim to be real vampires that can drain energy, and there has been testing to prove something is taking place. But not enough to prove one is actually draining a person of their energy.

There are different kinds of vampirism, and that is a person becomes a hosts to something thats attached to them and feeds from that person in mulitiple ways, through fear, sex, anger, depression, and even suicide and pain. So there is a difference in the question being asked, is vampirism real, yes, but is a person really a vampire, remains to be seen.

What testing has been done?

#123    Gotavamp

Gotavamp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

Let's see, if memory serves, this way you can check it out for yourself, on an episode of TAP's. The thermal imaging and technical is what I believe in, no oooh I had this feeling of something touching me. So anyway's TAP'S was filming this sensitive who does reading of people, and they did this with the thermal on. The readers hands put out alot of heat that radiated out in a red aura around him and than started to surround the investigator allowing this reading, what's his name, baldy , hehe.You could tell my his facial structure he wasn't really into believing in someone reading him, and when the reading started to pretty close to heart, you could see this new aura come out and start to block the reading. Pretty cool! What's your feelings on this? Is this somekind of evidence of something taking place or do aura's just normally start to form like that? It started to look like a clash and rainbows. :blink:

Sometimes things are discovered because no one said that's impossible :p

#124    Gotavamp

Gotavamp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

oops! The testing, it happen with this proof positive episode (I think!). They had this vampire who says she can drain people of their energy. They had her hooked up to something that does energy readings and found there was a significant change in the surroundings, but nothing conclusive.  :blink:

#125    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:45 PM

View PostGotavamp, on 04 October 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

Let's see, if memory serves, this way you can check it out for yourself, on an episode of TAP's. The thermal imaging and technical is what I believe in, no oooh I had this feeling of something touching me. So anyway's TAP'S was filming this sensitive who does reading of people, and they did this with the thermal on. The readers hands put out alot of heat that radiated out in a red aura around him and than started to surround the investigator allowing this reading, what's his name, baldy , hehe.You could tell my his facial structure he wasn't really into believing in someone reading him, and when the reading started to pretty close to heart, you could see this new aura come out and start to block the reading. Pretty cool! What's your feelings on this? Is this somekind of evidence of something taking place or do aura's just normally start to form like that? It started to look like a clash and rainbows. :blink:
Wow. So you think TAPs, the freaking tv show, is proof. Wow.

View PostGotavamp, on 04 October 2010 - 08:12 PM, said:

oops! The testing, it happen with this proof positive episode (I think!). They had this vampire who says she can drain people of their energy. They had her hooked up to something that does energy readings and found there was a significant change in the surroundings, but nothing conclusive.  :blink:
Dude. There are no true vampires. I wish there were.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#126    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

View PostAgent. Mulder, on 04 October 2010 - 03:17 PM, said:

What testing has been done?

I saw a girl the other day that was in sunlight and her skin was sparkling! What more proof do you need?

#127    Moon Minion

Moon Minion

OFFICIALLY A LUNATIC!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

• “I don't know if there are men on the moon, but if there are they must be using the earth as their lunatic asylum”

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

View PostPaul Dangerously, on 04 October 2010 - 09:38 PM, said:

I saw a girl the other day that was in sunlight and her skin was sparkling! What more proof do you need?

Paul...that's a fairy.

Posted Image

#128    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:57 AM

View PostGotavamp, on 04 October 2010 - 08:12 PM, said:

Sure would like to see that.

#129    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

View PostMoon Minion, on 04 October 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

Paul...that's a fairy.

...YOU'RE a fairy...O_o

#130    Blackwhite

Blackwhite

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

• I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

There was supposedly a vampire haunting Highgate cemetery in north London in the late 1960s and early 1970s.  Or, rather, the locals at the time called it a vampire, but many of the sightings were very similar to sightings of Spring-Heeled Jack.

The cemetery is situated on both sides of Swain's Lane in the Highgate area of the city.  Highgate is on the north-eastern corner of Hampstead Heath and was the haunt of highwayman Dick Turpin in the early 18th Century.  In 1884, Europe's first cable car opened in the area, which went up and down Highgate Hill.

The cemetery is located in three London boroughs - Camden, Haringey and Islington.

Posted Image
Highgate Cemetery

The cemetery was opened in 1839 and was part of a plan to provide seven large, modern cemeteries (known as the "Magnificent Seven") around the outside of London.  These cemeteries were not connected to any church.

Why was there a plan to build cemeteries all around the edge of London?  Well, by the 1830s there were so many burials in chuchyards in inner city London - which at that time was the world's largest city in the world's richest and most powerful nation - that they started to get full.  London's cemeteries were so crowded that corpses were often buried one on top of the other, until eventually body parts, such as skeletal hands and legs, often protuded from the ground.  People living in houses - or hovels - nearby would often complain of the stench of rotting corpses, many of which were buried right next to their  homes and gardens.

So it was a good idea to build huge, spacious, purpose-built cemeteries on the outskirts of London to bury the metropolis's dead.

The Victorians (Victoria came to the Throne in 1837) preferred to build the tombs of their dead in a Gothic style. And it is this style which dominates at Highgate Cemetery.  The cemetery's grounds are full of trees, shrubs and flowers and it even features an Egyptian Avenue and a Circle of Lebanon, topped by a huge Cedar of Lebanon.  

The cemetery is also famous for being the resting place of many famous people.  Probably the most famous burial there is that of Karl Marx, but other people buried there include Douglas Adams, author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; TV presenter Jeremy Beadle; Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McClaren; and the criminal Adam Worth, who was the inspiration for Sherlock Holmes's arch-enemy Professor Moriarty.

But the cemetery also became famous in the 1960s because of the reported sighting of a vampire and other phenomena.

In 1963, two 16 year old girls from the local convent were walking home past the cemetery.  They could not believe their eyes as they passed the graveyard's north gate at the top of the lane because they witnessed bodies appearing to be emerging from their tombs.

A few weeks later, a couple were walking down Swain's Lane when they saw something hideous hovering behind the cemetery gate's iron railings.  For several minutes they stood and started at the ghoulish apparition, which appeared to have an expression of absolute horror on its face.

After that, many locals often reported seeing a demonic-looking figure hovering along the cemetery's path near to the gravestones at night.  Things got even stranger when animal carcasses were then discovered drained of their blood.  From that point, locals started describing it as a vampire.

In 1971, a young girl claims she was actually attacked by the vampire in the lane outside the cemetery. She was returning home in the early hours of the morning when she was suddenly thrown to the ground with tremendous force by a "tall black figure with a deathly white face".  At that moment a car stopped to help her and the "vampire" vanished in the glare of the headlamps.

She was taken to the police station in a state of shock, luckily only suffering abrasions to her arms and legs. The police immediately made a thorough search of the area, but could offer no explanation to the incident. More mysterious still was the fact that where the vampire vanished, the road was lined by 12ft walls.

One man even became "hypnotised" by the apparition.   He had gone into the cemetery one evening to look around, and as the light began to rapidly fade he decided to leave, but became hopelessly lost. Not being a superstitious person he walked calmly around looking for the gate when suddenly he became aware of something behind him. Swinging around he became "hypnotised with fear" at the tall dark figure of the vampire confronted him. So great was the intensity of his fear that he stood motionless for several minutes after the vampire vanished. He later recalled that it was almost as if he had been paralysed with fear by some force.

A group of young people interested in the occult began to roam the cemetery looking for the vampire.  On 21 December 1969 one of their members, David Farrant, spent the night there but saw nothing.  However, three days later, on Christmas Eve, he glimpsed a "grey figure" when passing the cemetery.

In 1970, someone even came forward to say what he believed was the identity of the ghoul.  On 27th February, under the headline 'Does a Vampyr walk in Highgate?', The Hampstead and Highgate Express reported local man Sean Manchester as saying that he believed that 'a King Vampire of the Undead', a medieval nobleman who had practised black magic in medieval Wallachia (Romania, the land of Transylvania), had been brought to Britain in a coffin in the early eighteenth century, by followers who bought a house for him in the West End of London. He was buried on the site that later became Highgate Cemetery, and Manchester claimed that modern Satanists had roused him. He said the right thing to do would be to stake the vampire's body, and then behead and burn it.  However, vandalising the remains of the dead and buried is illegal in Britain.

In 1970 a mob even swarmed the cemetery to hunt for the vampire as a result of a rivalry which had developed between Farrant and Manchester when each claimed they could destroy the spectre.  Manchester said that he and his officials would hold a vampire hunt in the cemetery on Friday 13th March.  ITV then set up interviews with both Farrant and Manchester which were broadcast on thye TV early on the 13th.  Within two hours a mob of 'hunters' from all over London and beyond swarmed over gates and walls into the locked cemetery, despite police efforts to control them.

Years later, Manchester claimed that he had actually exorcised the vampire.  In a narrative, he and his companions managed to evade the police and enter the cemetery by crawling through the damaged railings of an adjoining churchyard.  Previously, a sleepwalking psychic girl led them to a certain catacomb in the cemetery where she believed the vampire slept, and so on this particular night Manchester and his companions tried to get into that catacomb.  But the door would not budge.  Instead, they climbed down on a rope through a hole in its roof, finding empty coffins into which they put garlic and sprinkled holy water.

Some months after this supposed exorcism, on 1 August (Lammas Day in Britain) 1970, the charred and headless remains of a woman's body were found not far from the catacomb. The police suspected that it had been used in black magic.  Then Farrant was found by police in the churchyard beside Highgate Cemetery one night in August carrying a crucifix and a wooden stake. He was arrested, but when the case came to court it was dismissed.

Farrant was jailed in 1974 for damaging memorials and interfering with dead remains in Highgate Cemetery.  But he claimed the vandalism and desecration had been caused by Satanists, not him.

A book about the Highgate Vampire edited by Peter Underwood, a well-known ghost story writer, was published in 1975.  A chapter in the book was written by Manchester.

To this day, the Highgate Vampire is now regularly featured in books and internet sites on occult subjects.

And the feud between Manchester and Farrant remains vigorous.  Each claims to be a competent exorcist and researcher of the paranormal and each pours scorn on the other's alleged expertise

Was the Highgate "thing" a vampire?  Was it Spring-Heeled Jack?  Or was it just a figment of people's overactive imaginations?

Edited by Blackwhite, 06 October 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#131    Gotavamp

Gotavamp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

View PostThe Skeptic Eric Raven, on 04 October 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

Wow. So you think TAPs, the freaking tv show, is proof. Wow.

Dude. There are no true vampires. I wish there were.

I'm a duddett to you. I've got a form of vampirism taking place with me, biting and drawing blood among other things, so dude you don't know what your talking about. What you think this is all crazy stuff people make up or somekind of disorder. Really! Than how is it things like this happen with witnesses and why do I get drained. Why do I get raped by an unseen force??? Huh dude?????

Oh and I do not think taps is proof, I think the film on the thermal imaging is proof. dude.

#132    Gotavamp

Gotavamp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:13 AM

I really think people who have just an opinion should not attack others for what they know.

What you think I just say Gotavamp for fun??? Guess again! Its real, they hurt people and I mean physically hurt them. I have a bruise on my leg because it tripped me where there was nothing to trip over. I've had my arm bruised through the muscle by this entity, and hit in the face with a bleeding lip by unseen force. So for a person who thinks they know what there talking about, why not know before telling me what you think is real, when I say its true and know so. And if it isn't a vampire why is it using a form of vampirism and draining of blood and energy among feeding on and trying to cause fear?

Yeah, so I'm here fighting for my life and trying to warn others.

People who just lurk and want to make fun of or just dwell and knock people should understand something. Lives are at stake while you laugh and try to condem people like me as crazy label. Yeah and it does get back to me and my life is effected by it. So I am taking a chance by talking anywhere online where some white coat thinks my safety might be comprimised.

#133    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

• 15,163 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

View PostGotavamp, on 07 October 2010 - 07:00 AM, said:

I'm a duddett to you. I've got a form of vampirism taking place with me, biting and drawing blood among other things, so dude you don't know what your talking about. What you think this is all crazy stuff people make up or somekind of disorder. Really! Than how is it things like this happen with witnesses and why do I get drained. Why do I get raped by an unseen force??? Huh dude?????

Oh and I do not think taps is proof, I think the film on the thermal imaging is proof. dude.

Well dudette.
Its because you dont actually get "raped", by an unseen force. Or drained.
Psychic vamps are the most modern, made up types of vampires.

#134    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,931 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

Wouldn't what you're experience be more in line with a ghost than a vampire? Would think a vamp would do more than trip and punch people.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#135    SoloCell

SoloCell

Government Agent

• 3,284 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

View PostGotavamp, on 07 October 2010 - 07:13 AM, said:

I really think people who have just an opinion should not attack others for what they know.

What you think I just say Gotavamp for fun??? Guess again! Its real, they hurt people and I mean physically hurt them. I have a bruise on my leg because it tripped me where there was nothing to trip over. I've had my arm bruised through the muscle by this entity, and hit in the face with a bleeding lip by unseen force. So for a person who thinks they know what there talking about, why not know before telling me what you think is real, when I say its true and know so. And if it isn't a vampire why is it using a form of vampirism and draining of blood and energy among feeding on and trying to cause fear?

Yeah, so I'm here fighting for my life and trying to warn others.

People who just lurk and want to make fun of or just dwell and knock people should understand something. Lives are at stake while you laugh and try to condem people like me as crazy label. Yeah and it does get back to me and my life is effected by it. So I am taking a chance by talking anywhere online where some white coat thinks my safety might be comprimised.

So it's safe to assume you haven't actually talked to a doctor about any of this? That would be my advice. Talk to a professional soon. And just for my own edification, how old are you?

Edited by Paul Dangerously, 07 October 2010 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users