Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Vampirism


  • Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#151    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

My definition of a vampire is a being that relies on blood to keep itself alive. Not some teenager who thinks he is a vampire. If you actually were a vampire(u-
likely that a real vampire would have any interest in this forum)then you would certainly know.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#152    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

There is a poll debating the existence of vampires. Poll name: existence of vampires

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#153    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,258 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Im a vampire.


#154    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,016 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

View Post0011235813, on 26 February 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

There is a poll debating the existence of vampires. Poll name: existence of vampires
so what


#155    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 February 2011 - 03:51 PM, said:

so what
I am simply informing people who want to discuss the topic. This thread seemed an appropriate place. Doesn't mean you have to be so rude!

View PostErix, on 26 February 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

Im a vampire.
Prove it!

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#156    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,016 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

View Post0011235813, on 26 February 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

I am simply informing people who want to discuss the topic. This thread seemed an appropriate place. Doesn't mean you have to be so rude!


Prove it!
do you realize how many vampire threads are here already?  people are and have been  discussing the topic. you came on this thread and brow beat those who don't believe what you believe, and now you call me rude. that's rich.

Edited by JGirl, 26 February 2011 - 04:27 PM.


#157    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

I would very much appreciate receiving some answers on the poll. It is fairly straight forward.
And I am not making anyone do anything, if you don't go thats fine, just don't insult me for making a very polite request

Edited by 0011235813, 26 February 2011 - 05:53 PM.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#158    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,016 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

View Post0011235813, on 26 February 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

I would very much appreciate receiving some answers on the poll. It is fairly straight forward.
And I am not making anyone do anything, if you don't go thats fine, just don't insult me for making a very polite request
whether you feel insulted is your decision -i am merely pointing out that there are already countless threads you could post on regarding vampires - that's all. if you doubt that go to the right top of your page and search vampirism in the forums. you may be surprised how many threads come up
i did vote on your poll, as you can see if you click on the view option in the poll.
otherwise there is nothing to say on the thread that hasn't been hashed over a million times already


#159    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 February 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

whether you feel insulted is your decision -i am merely pointing out that there are already countless threads you could post on regarding vampires - that's all. if you doubt that go to the right top of your page and search vampirism in the forums. you may be surprised how many threads come up
i did vote on your poll, as you can see if you click on the view option in the poll.
otherwise there is nothing to say on the thread that hasn't been hashed over a million times already
Sorry, are you saying I shouldn't post on the subject?
tell me if I am wrong anybody.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#160    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,016 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

View Post0011235813, on 26 February 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Sorry, are you saying I shouldn't post on the subject?
tell me if I am wrong anybody.
what on earth gives you the idea that i'm suggesting you cannot post on a subject?
you have accused me of insulting you, following you around the internet even, and now this.
i think you need to calm down


#161    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,208 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

View Post0011235813, on 26 February 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

My definition of a vampire is a being that relies on blood to keep itself alive. Not some teenager who thinks he is a vampire. If you actually were a vampire(u-
likely that a real vampire would have any interest in this forum)then you would certainly know.

What kind of being?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#162    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

View Post0011235813, on 25 February 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

the shear amount of circumstantial evidence is huge. There have been recorded vampire sightings for over two thousand years! over different continents! how can people come up with such similar ideas when they are separated by huge distances and through millennia?!

because their haven't been recordings of actual vampires as they are portrayed (beings that have the shape of a human and suck blood lol)

The only real vampire there is, is the bat.
The rest of these recordings are either metaphores and things that were unexplainable, for example diseases what made humans look like "undead" but still walking around.


vampire
    1734, from Fr. vampire or Ger. Vampir (1732, in an account of Hungarian vampires), from Hung. vampir, from O.C.S. opiri (cf. Serb. vampir, Bulg. vapir, Ukrainian uper), said by Slavic linguist Franc Miklošič to be ultimtely from Kazan Tatar ubyr "witch," but Max Vasmer, an expert in this linguistic area, finds that phonetically doubtful. An Eastern European creature popularized in English by late 19c. gothic novels, however there are scattered English accounts of night-walking, blood-gorged, plague-spreading undead corpses from as far back as 1196. Applied 1774 by French biologist Buffon to a species of South American blood-sucking bat.

vamp (n.)
    "seductive woman," 1911, short for vampire. First attested use is earlier than the release of the Fox film "A Fool There Was" (January 1915), with sultry Theda Bara in the role of The Vampire. But the movie was based on a play of that name that had been a Broadway hit (title and concept from a Kipling poem, "The Vampire"), and the word may ultimately trace to Bara's role. At any rate, Bara (real name Theodosia Goodman) remains the classic vamp.

        A fool there was and he made his prayer
        (Even as you and I!)
        To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair
        (We called her the woman who did not care)
        But the fool, he called her his lady fair
        (Even as you and I.)

        [Kipling, "The Vampire"]

lamia
    late 14c., from Gk. lamia "female vampire," lit. "swallower, lecher," from laimos "throat, gullet." Probably cognate with L. lemures "spirits of the dead" (see lemur). Used in early translations of the Bible for screech owls and sea monsters.



You're just another victim of wishful thinking.


#163    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostTriade, on 27 February 2011 - 09:41 AM, said:

because their haven't been recordings of actual vampires as they are portrayed (beings that have the shape of a human and suck blood lol)

The only real vampire there is, is the bat.
The rest of these recordings are either metaphores and things that were unexplainable, for example diseases what made humans look like "undead" but still walking around.


vampire
    1734, from Fr. vampire or Ger. Vampir (1732, in an account of Hungarian vampires), from Hung. vampir, from O.C.S. opiri (cf. Serb. vampir, Bulg. vapir, Ukrainian uper), said by Slavic linguist Franc Miklošič to be ultimtely from Kazan Tatar ubyr "witch," but Max Vasmer, an expert in this linguistic area, finds that phonetically doubtful. An Eastern European creature popularized in English by late 19c. gothic novels, however there are scattered English accounts of night-walking, blood-gorged, plague-spreading undead corpses from as far back as 1196. Applied 1774 by French biologist Buffon to a species of South American blood-sucking bat.

vamp (n.)
    "seductive woman," 1911, short for vampire. First attested use is earlier than the release of the Fox film "A Fool There Was" (January 1915), with sultry Theda Bara in the role of The Vampire. But the movie was based on a play of that name that had been a Broadway hit (title and concept from a Kipling poem, "The Vampire"), and the word may ultimately trace to Bara's role. At any rate, Bara (real name Theodosia Goodman) remains the classic vamp.

        A fool there was and he made his prayer
        (Even as you and I!)
        To a rag and a bone and a hank of hair
        (We called her the woman who did not care)
        But the fool, he called her his lady fair
        (Even as you and I.)

        [Kipling, "The Vampire"]

lamia
    late 14c., from Gk. lamia "female vampire," lit. "swallower, lecher," from laimos "throat, gullet." Probably cognate with L. lemures "spirits of the dead" (see lemur). Used in early translations of the Bible for screech owls and sea monsters.



You're just another victim of wishful thinking.
Well I guess we will never know for sure unless we find the real thing.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#164    0011235813

0011235813

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined:25 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

  • "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 27 February 2011 - 03:20 AM, said:

What kind of being?

Nibs
A being that resembles a human but with some differences (i.e. has a desire for blood etc.)
don't know what else i can say.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#165    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

    Mystical Bean Chaointe

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wood River, Illinois, USA

  • My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostGotavamp, on 03 October 2010 - 10:17 PM, said:

Vampirism is real, and doesn't have to do with just chosing a lifestyle, but on how something gains energy from something else. Those who want to live a lifestyle evolving around vampirism can be dangerious and perhaps some that is the allure. There is a difference between living a fun exotic life of blood drinking, for the allure and turn ons, and one that has a person feels the need to feed off the blood of another.

Some claim to be real vampires that can drain energy, and there has been testing to prove something is taking place. But not enough to prove one is actually draining a person of their energy.

There are different kinds of vampirism, and that is a person becomes a hosts to something thats attached to them and feeds from that person in mulitiple ways, through fear, sex, anger, depression, and even suicide and pain. So there is a difference in the question being asked, is vampirism real, yes, but is a person really a vampire, remains to be seen.

That's something to the extent of what I wanted to bring up. I just couldn't word it right. I've seen an episode on tv about psychic vampires. Michelle Belanger was in it. She wrote the book - "Psychic Vampire Coax" Interesting read.

Edited by Disembodied Voice, 06 March 2011 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users