Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sinking oil threatens historic Gulf shipwreck

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Andromedan StarSeed

Andromedan StarSeed

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• Technician of the sacred

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:26 AM

Here's more about the  story oil threatens historic gulf shipwreck  who knows it  be safe or not?.

By CAIN BURDEAU, Associated Press Writer Cain Burdeau, Associated Press Writer Sun Jul 4, 1:12 pm ET
TIMBALIER ISLANDS, La. Not just flora and fauna are getting caked in oil. So is the Gulf of Mexico's barnacled history of pirates, sea battles and World War II shipwrecks.

The Gulf is lined with wooden shipwrecks, American-Indian shell midden mounds, World War II casualties, pirate colonies, historic hotels and old fishing villages. Researchers now fear this treasure seeker's dream is threatened by BP PLC's deepwater well blowout.

more about this story below there..

http://news.yahoo.co...pill_shipwrecks

I channel in order to dream, Inspiring intuition.
I seal the input of abundance, With the resonant tone of attunement.
I am guided by the power of vision.

#2    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Reading the comments on the the link site, I have to agree with many of the posters who said that this should be the least of our worries. When people are losing their livelihoods, aquatic animals are getting inundated with oil, and beaches getting flooded with tar balls, I think that shipwrecks are near the bottom of that list. Plus, from what I gather, the main complaint about the shipwrecks is that divers can't explore them, not that the oil will damage the sites.

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users