Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur sighting?

snaps

My daughters grandpa Wayne is a truck driver, While on a delivery in Oklahoma I believe he said on highway 412 he saw something on the mountain. At first he thought he was looking at a statue or something until he realized that whatever it was was watching him and moving its head. He started taking pics with his cell phone but because it isnt a safe road was unable to stop and get a closer look. When he fisrt showed me the pics yesterday I thought he was messing with me but he was more serious about this than I have ever seen him. He said he showed the photos to some other drivers and they were all amazed and had never seen the creature so on his way back home to Louisiana he took the same route and it wasn't there anymore. Looks like a dinosaur to me, anyone have any ideas to explain this one??? I attached 3 pics hopefully they upload clearly. Also He said from the road the thing looked like it was about 30 feet tall.

post-103852-046036500 1278371198_thumb.j

post-103852-052314400 1278371209_thumb.j

post-103852-018417100 1278371218_thumb.j

Edited by snaps

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moonie2012

• snaps

• HerNibs

• Spiritual One

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:w00t:

It's a dinosaur alright...but not a real, living, breathing one. Someone's got way too much time on his or her hands.

Haha! Yeah that's a dino, but not a real one I'm afraid...

Either it's a model, or it's been digitally added to the image. It's static in all three images, though it's taken from different directions.

The pic isnt in any way altered and it is possible that this is a mechanical dinosaur but seriously in the middle of nowhere and to be that big?

Those are quite terribly photoshopped photos sweetie. :P

It looks just like some of the toy dinos my kids played with.

I used to have some of those little plastic ones that I would play with in the sandbox. :lol:

It does look very similar to one of those. The crude outlining and enhanced colour of the object make it highly questionable.

Edited by Sarka

Yep, there's a real giant dinosaur running around Oklahoma and nobody else has seen it. Makes perfect sense.

I'm reopening this thread on the basis that I have seen, in my road-trip travels, giant statues of various animals, dragons and even Godzilla, that equal the size of the one provided in the picture. So I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for snaps.

Behave yourselves people, I'll be watching.

Re-opened

superman-1.gif Superman superman-1.gif

Unexplained Mysteries Senior Moderator

Edited by Superman

20030622-1775-Sinclair-Dino.jpg

Maybe it's one of these, repainted? It look like the same pose.

Sinclair oil company went out of business, and they sold off their dinosaurs.

i know there are dinosaur statues and i have searched and looked. the reason i posted this is because i think its strange how it was there and then it was gone. photoshop aside pretend for a second that this is a statue and its there one minute and not the next.

i know there are dinosaur statues and i have searched and looked. the reason i posted this is because i think its strange how it was there and then it was gone. photoshop aside pretend for a second that this is a statue and its there one minute and not the next.

Except it is there in all the pictures.

Given Oklahoma's history of being a fossil hotspot, I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't some sort of tourist-trap statue, a bit like Nevada's Area 51 bars.

Edited by Emma_Acid

pretend for a second that this is a statue and its there one minute and not the next.

From the sound of it there was a lot more than a minute that passed before he went back and checked - more like a day or two. Plenty of time to move a statue.

And let's not forget that an honest-to-god dinosaur that hangs out by major highways is going to be seen and reported by more than one guy.

On the pictures, it doesn't appear to be moving. The dinosaur is in the same position on all of the pictures.

The only realistic and logical conclusion is the following:

1) A statute of some sort

2) A misunderstanding (perhaps some other type of animal)

3) A photo shop

Either way, we can conclude that this is not a dinosaur! If this dinosaur is a plant eater than I doubt it full its huge stomach on such small patches of plants and if this dinosaur is a meat eater then it would have to be eating something as huge as humans to fulfill its appetite. In either case, this dinosaur would have searched for huge areas of plant life (forest, field, etc. instead of this dirt area) or it would have gone into the city to eat people. Since no one else has seen it we can conclude that this is definitely not a dinosaur!

Good grief. :rolleyes:

Even if it --was-- as dino which it isn't, the genepooling for something like that over MILLIONS of years would produce many many animals and they'd be everywhere and very much noticed by now...

This article by Paul Dale Roberts may be of interest to you, it's about inter-dimensional dinosaur travels.

Do dinosaurs still exist?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=138444

Looks awfully like a fake. It does look photoshopped.

A dead T.Rex has been found about 100 miles from there by an archeologist, here is the photo.

2q80h1c.png

Edited by Rooby Roo

These days I would need to actually see and pat one before I would think anything else than Fake. Even if the picture above showed movement, it would need to be a good Picture.

tip_ny_0522_03.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/today-in-pictures/0,31511,1900604,00.html

Edited by Alladar

The image is not a dinosaur, at least not a real flesh and blood one. What we have in the photo, whether photo shopped or statue, is based on the old view of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs did not drag their tails.

Their tracks tell us that sauropods did not drag their tails along the ground
http://txtwriter.com/Backgrounders/Dinosaurs/dinoBG4.html (#6 under sauropods)

Was this taken near Drumheller Alberta by any chance? There are a lot of statues there of dinosaurs...

Drumheller Pics

Edited by -Reborn-