Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mass extinctions 'every 27m years'

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,238 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

View Post27vet, on 15 July 2010 - 08:10 PM, said:

Maybe that is what Atlantis was.

i think so and have said i have thought so.  basically based on the fact that they were supposed to be masters of the air.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

View Postdanielost, on 15 July 2010 - 08:11 PM, said:

i think so and have said i have thought so.  basically based on the fact that they were supposed to be masters of the air.

Yep, master breathers they were.

Puff themselves up, and make themselves look bigger than anyone would have ever thought possible.

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,238 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 15 July 2010 - 11:54 PM, said:

Yep, master breathers they were.

Puff themselves up, and make themselves look bigger than anyone would have ever thought possible.

well masters of the air means they either controlled the air or flew.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    SRCivic98

SRCivic98

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

• When being pushed to the limits. Killing is just as easy as breathing.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:46 AM

View Postjbondo, on 14 July 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

The difference is technology. With technology we can prevent some of these things from happening. It's just a matter of doing it in time. IMO the sky is falling right now and unfortunately most won't believe it until a piece of it hits them. Too many people see money, fame, power and objects as their gods. A small example: People are so worried about getting their cars dirty (a big hunk of metal) that they value it over littering. Instead of throwing a wrapper out your car window, keep a small bag for trash under your seat. Then, once a week, throw that bag in a receptacle. This is just one of so many little things we could do to help this planet. It all starts with the little things.

If anyone really wants a taste of a post apocalyptic world, Que up "The Road" on your Netflix account and when you watch it; try to immerse yourself into the film. Don't worry about what you think is realistic or not, just really think it thru as you watch. The truth of the matter is that the film is a very possible scenario. If you are already suffering from depression I seriously recommend you do not watch this film.

If you would like, we can come back here and discuss possibilities for such a scenario after you've had a chance to watch the movie.
I've actually wanted to see the movie "The Road" I believe it has Viggo Mortensen in it if I remember correctly? Looks interesting. But I would also like to get my hands on the book.

but anyways, another thing I've noticed which happens more commonly than a meteor shower or asteroid hitting the Earth is that the Earth goes into Ice Age periods which eliminates a lot of life at one time as well. But I am one of those people that can't stand to liter because one it cost a crap load if you get a ticket for it and two...well I've just always thought that trash belonged in the trash, never in nature...sad thing is, I always pour water or gatorade or tea or milk on the dirt near plants if I don't want it no more. Kind of ironic really...

I know that there's no way to be 100% enviromentally clean, but it's the small things that count right? As far as oil goes, oil is actually fossilized plants underneath the Earth's core that's been compressed for millions or even hundreds of millions of years and heated continously at a steady pace and then drilled and burned. Just like Charcoal. It's burned trees that's been de-carboned and packaged after cooling and then burnt later. Or home made charcoal is when you burn wood for a certain amount of time and then you suddenly cool it. Which makes a lump of coal, the coal being wood that's been charred so it's known for the term of Charcoal. Neat huh?

But yeah, no one really knows when another asteroid, meteor, ice age, heat wave <-- we're talking 120 degrees F or higher, mutation, or anything else is bound to happen. For all we know it could be happening now but hey, it's not like we'd notice right? So I just say live day by day and forget the rest. Because as well all know, human kind shall force it's own extinction before thing else will.

LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH PRIDE - PERSONAL MOTTO

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME - SNAKE PLISKIN IN ESCAPE FROM LA

ONCE ALL THINGS ARE ELIMATED, WHAT REMAINS, NO MATTER HOW IMPROBIBABLE IT MAY SEEM, MUST BE THE TRUTH - SHERLOCK HOLMES

#20    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

And this is why we prioritize. 1. Minimize our impact as best we can on nature. 2. fix that damn greed thing that makes us want to rape and pillage the environment/each other. 3. Space travel/colonization. More planets we have under our belt, the stronger our chances of survival in the long run are.And any species we take along will benefit too, not to mention continual evolution that will eventually generate so many different off-shoots of species that if one goes extinct there could be two or three replacement species on hand.

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

View Postdanielost, on 16 July 2010 - 12:46 AM, said:

well masters of the air means they either controlled the air or flew.

I was joking.

You were joking too, right?

Edited by Abramelin, 17 July 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#22    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,238 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 17 July 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

I was joking.

You were joking too, right?

everything but them being masters of the air.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users