Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient aliens

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#1    SpeCtruM

SpeCtruM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi,

I've recently watched this videos on youtube concerning ancient aliens, and frankly I have to say that this is very creepy... I recommend you watching them.

part 1

part 2

Edited by SpeCtruM, 18 July 2010 - 08:38 AM.

Have a look at my photo gallery!

www.wix.com/luisraza/photo

#2    SpeCtruM

SpeCtruM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

part 3

part 4

#3    pixiii

pixiii

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

• Patefacio vestri mens quod praesumo somnio...
    Open your mind and dare to dream...

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

View PostSpeCtruM, on 18 July 2010 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hi,

I've recently watched this videos on youtube concerning ancient aliens, and frankly I have to say that this is very creepy... I recommend you watching them

I think I've seen this before - it appears to be Ancient Aliens The Series  produced by the lovely Giorgio Tsoukalos.  I really enjoyed this 5 part series and found it extremely entertaining.  Even though I'm not normally a big believer in any of these theorys, I did find it great food for thought!   Hopefully, that is what the video was otherwise, I'm raving on about something altogether unrelated LOL

#4    SpeCtruM

SpeCtruM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

part 5

part 6

Edited by SpeCtruM, 18 July 2010 - 08:42 AM.

#5    SpeCtruM

SpeCtruM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

part 7

part8

Edited by SpeCtruM, 18 July 2010 - 08:44 AM.

#6    SpeCtruM

SpeCtruM

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:45 AM

part9

enjoy ;)

#7    NecroWanderer

NecroWanderer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• "If we exist from nothing, then that means nothing is impossible"

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

I did watch these on the history channel, they brought up some artifacts that blows modern archaeology out of the box, some more than others at least. These are very interesting for believers or skeptics, I really can't wait to see more input on this.

Edited by NecroWanderer, 18 July 2010 - 03:55 PM.

Don't call me ignorant for asking questions, for the act of asking keeps us enlightened.

Dismiss nothing, because when you turn your back it comes back to haunt you[

#8    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

I've pretty much stopped watching the history channel following their coverage of the Crystal skulls.
I've done a bit of reading on the Crystal skulls and had read several different documentations that showed the detailed analysis showing tools marks and origin of the stone, tying it back to a place in Britain that produced fakes during the 1800s.
They completly failed to mention the analysis, and stated that no studies had found evidence of tool marks.

Predominately, more and more these "Ancient Aliens" shows just prey on the lack of information that their viewers have.

They used this image here at one point:
Posted Image
Stating that it was evidence of an ancient space suit.

What it is, is a Aztec warrior with his helmet: Posted Image

EDIT: Failed at closing image. Edited twice because I really failed at closing tags.

Edited by ShadowSot, 18 July 2010 - 05:11 PM.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#9    NecroWanderer

NecroWanderer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• "If we exist from nothing, then that means nothing is impossible"

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 18 July 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

I've pretty much stopped watching the history channel following their coverage of the Crystal skulls.
I've done a bit of reading on the Crystal skulls and had read several different documentations that showed the detailed analysis showing tools marks and origin of the stone, tying it back to a place in Britain that produced fakes during the 1800s.
They completly failed to mention the analysis, and stated that no studies had found evidence of tool marks.

Predominately, more and more these "Ancient Aliens" shows just prey on the lack of information that their viewers have.

Posted Image

EDIT: Failed at closing image. Edited twice because I really failed at closing tags.

You can't just take the whole of what they say, you take bits and pieces of it, and make your own interpretation, that's why those shows are fascinating. Like you can explain certain parts of it, but there are parts in there neither you, me or professionals can explain, and that is where you make your conclusions.

Don't call me ignorant for asking questions, for the act of asking keeps us enlightened.

Dismiss nothing, because when you turn your back it comes back to haunt you[

#10    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

View PostNecroWanderer, on 18 July 2010 - 05:30 PM, said:

You can't just take the whole of what they say, you take bits and pieces of it, and make your own interpretation, that's why those shows are fascinating. Like you can explain certain parts of it, but there are parts in there neither you, me or professionals can explain, and that is where you make your conclusions.

Yes... but if they predominantly lie, and deliberately withhold information from you that would explain what they are presenting, encouraging you towards faulty ideas of what they are presenting, then what is the value?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#11    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,200 posts

• Question everything

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

The whole of the argument though is made up of the sum of the bits and pieces taken all together. Try taking these pieces out of that artificial context and not only do they tend to lose much their alleged significance but the larger argument itself collapses.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#12    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,917 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

What a load.

The entire display - all the episodes - were filled with outright lies and awkward misrepresentations of known facts, but you swallowed it whole and now suggest we create, and apparently invest undeserved belief in, our own fantasies from selected bits of falsehood that you find particularly interesting.

There are no doubt parts that you can't explain.  There are no parts that haven't been explained by professionals with a great deal more knowledge than Giorgio Tsoukalos.

The series was concocted to generate increased sales for Tsoukalos's magazine "Legendary Times."  That, and to sell ad time on the so-called "history" channel.

To the uninformed, it was fascinating.  To the informed, it was a truly disgusting display.  To the overinformed, it was another opportunity to laugh out loud at the gibbering buffoon that is David Hatcher Childress.

Harte

Edited by Harte, 19 July 2010 - 02:21 AM.

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#13    Qwasz

Qwasz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

Almost everything talked about on that show has been completely debunked.  There are some true mysteries in the world, but very few, and they certainly dont add up to evidence for alien intervention.

The producers of the show certainly knew that much of what they were presenting was complete BS, yet they present it without any attempt at showing the whole story.

#14    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:06 PM

View PostQwasz, on 19 July 2010 - 04:34 AM, said:

Almost everything talked about on that show has been completely debunked.  There are some true mysteries in the world, but very few, and they certainly dont add up to evidence for alien intervention.

The producers of the show certainly knew that much of what they were presenting was complete BS, yet they present it without any attempt at showing the whole story.

What did you expect? Makes the audience numbers go up, innit? People tend to forget that the primary goal of any TV show is audience numbers and generating money thru publicity, History Channel is no exception.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#15    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,359 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 18 July 2010 - 05:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

I used to love the History Channel before Disney bought it out.  Now it is all sensational nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users