Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Should christianity be banned from schools

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#16    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:17 AM

Xenojjin, with your last 2 post I believe you have won. You made an excellent point.

Christians are only not killing for their religion because currently most christians dont know what christianity is about . Since when was ignorance an excuse ? As for fanatic groups were people do understand the bible like westoboro baptist church which constantly holds protests shouting "GOD HATES FAGS!!!" "GOD HATES FAGS!!!" ( and by doing so , proving my point ) And muslims are not that differant from christians either , they even believe in the same god ! The god of abraham .

But it was this paragraph that literally just blew my mind. That was very, very persuasive, and nothing else, but an incredible way to achieve the elimination of christianity and or religion period.

Removing christianity from schools would have to be a slow process . First of all kids need to be taught just exactly what goes on in their religion . Teach kids about the problems in the bible and what blindly believed religion has done to our society . Let it be known just how many countless lives would have been saved if it wasn't for evangelical religions . Slowly allow the world to realize just how stupid it is , and when their are virtually no level headed christians left - Ban it . Their is no need for a religion that protrays a loving god who sends people to eternal torture ... where people have every esscence of themselves stripped away except their ability to feel constant pain and agony for all eternity...just because they dont believe he exists .

Congratulations, and for one hell of a job. cool.gif  

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#17    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:20 AM

Good job to the both of you! Here are my scores:

Debater 1: Xenojiin
Relevancy: 8
Countering: 9
Style: 10
Persuasiveness: 8
Total: 35

Debater 2: The Nameless One
Countering: 9
Style: 9
Persuasiveness: 8
Total: 34

A VERY close call!

Edited by BurnSide, 04 August 2004 - 03:21 AM.

#18    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:28 AM

Debater: Xenojiin
Countering: 8
Style: 8
Persuasiveness: 7
Total: 31

Debater: The Nameless One
Relevancy: 6
Countering: 7
Style: 6
Persuasiveness: 6
Total: 25

Here are your scores from me... Good job both of you....    original.gif

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#19    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:49 AM

Debater: Xenojiin
Style: 9
Total: 32

Debater: The Nameless One
Relevancy: 7
Style: 8
Total: 30

Good job people
thumbsup.gif  

#20    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:27 PM

And the scores are:

The Nameless One scores an admirable 29, while Xenojiin scores a fantastic 32.

Thanks to the both of you for taking part. Great debate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users