Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Mega Video Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:52 AM

THIS SITE is Grand Theft Autos biggest network. It includes tons of screens and information on GTA: San Andreas. All the information is offical. Enjoy.

#17    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 12:52 AM

ok good, and to stay on topic....EVERYONE PLAY BLOODRAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!
best vampire game out there

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#18    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:16 AM

actualy, BloodRayne is one of the only vampire games out there. and all of the others suck. i hope the 2nd is a lot longer than the first and has more monsters.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#19    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:43 AM

Pah, there's hundreds of vampire games!
Countdown vampires, Blade 1 and 2, Soul Reaver 1, 2 and 3, Blood Omen 1 and 2, just to name a very few of them. Plus hundreds of others that include vampires.

However, you're right on the fact that they mostly suck. And not just in the literal sense. However i'm quite keen on the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver/Blood Omen games personally.

#20    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:50 AM

i know all about those games. i just meant games that actualy have vampiric aspects(sucking blood and stuff like that). i know blood omen does. soul reaver...im not sure about. the blade games barely do. they dont make too many vampire games anymore.

Posted Image

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#21    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:54 AM

Update: GTA SA images.

:: A combine harvester with razor-sharp blades working on a field.
:: A dirtbike (similar to Sanchez from Vice City) riding through the forest.
:: Articulated trucks, including ones with huge detachable gas canisters.
:: A monster truck riding through a valley and a shallow river bed.
:: A jeep overlooking the sunset on a cliff.
:: An SUV driving through the meadows.
:: An ATV racing on a dirt track.

If you know what a combine Harvester is, you'll take great excitement in knowing you can use one in the game.

These images are available at GTAgaming.com which i have been unable to access due to work restrictions. Check em out!!

#22    jpalz

jpalz

Poltergeist

• 2,964 posts

• When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (hereticdude666 @ Jul 16 2004, 09:04 AM)
ok. since there are aready threads about resident evil and silent hill, i think we should focus less on those and more on other games. ok. who is excited about Jak 3?

ME!!!!!  tongue.gif  wink2.gif  cool.gif  wub.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
I've looked for you. Now you've come to see me. And I thank you for it - John Paul II's last words.
To be young and not a revolutionary is a contradiction, even biological
It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum
My blog! :D

#23    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

AWSOME JPALZ! its gonna be better than GTA SA!. haha. jak 2 was the shizznit! the last boss was soooo frusterating tho. i got in trouble for swearing too loudly. lol. but in Jak 3, you get some awsome vehicle that has a mounted machine gun on it and Daxter gets to shoot it while Jak drives and you can drive around the desert to kill some kind of armored lizard creatures! sounds awsome, huh? go to www.gamespot.com to read about more. they have a giant preveiw of it.

Edited by hereticdude666, 17 July 2004 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image

#24    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:05 AM

you seriously are more excited about a boring 3D platformer than you are about crusing around a state crushing people with combine harvesters and smashing their heads in with BMX bikes?

yikes.  

#25    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:11 AM

And just name one other game where picking up hookers increases your health.. tongue.gif  

#26    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:12 AM

ummm....excuse me. did you say BORING?!?!?! I THINK NOT!  the jak games are way more interesting. better graphics, better backrounds, better enemies. i mean, GtA, you just kill people. sure thats fun. and im not saying i dont like the GTA games. they rock. but the Jak games have a better variety of missions and you can still drive around as much as u want. Jak 3's environment is supposta be over 3 times the size of Jak 2's. oh yeah. i dont recall any GTA games winning best game of the year either. Jak 2 did!

Posted Image

#27    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:12 AM

No no, haha. Picking up hookers, driving to a back-alley, screwing that hooker royal, paying her... and then after she leaves chasing her down with a chainsaw, jamming that chainsaw into her gut and taking back the money you paid her.

CAMAAAAAAN!!

#28    BurnSide

BurnSide

• 25,390 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (hereticdude666 @ Jul 16 2004, 10:12 PM)
ummm....excuse me. did you say BORING?!?!?! I THINK NOT!  the jak games are way more interesting. better graphics, better backrounds, better enemies. i mean, GtA, you just kill people. sure thats fun. and im not saying i dont like the GTA games. they rock. but the Jak games have a better variety of missions and you can still drive around as much as u want. Jak 3's environment is supposta be over 3 times the size of Jak 2's. oh yeah. i dont recall any GTA games winning best game of the year either. Jak 2 did!

I found both Jak games horribly tedious and boring personally.

And umm, not winning any awards? Both GTA3 and Vice City have both sold more games than ANY other title. They BOTH have been voted best overall game more than 10 times in various magazines and events.

#29    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:14 AM

Wow BurnSide! It never even occured to me to try that. blink.gif That's scary. But you wanna talk replay value, new ideas like that define it!

#30    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

• 6,555 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:16 AM

obviously Burnside, you didnt get very far in Jak 2. i dont know how you can say that they are boring OR tedious.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users