Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New photo of Face on Mars proves Red Planet's

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31    realmcutter

realmcutter

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

did anyone else see the episode of invader zim where the face on mars was a giant control system that turned the planet into a giant spaceship, that was awesome. Now that i realized the face never existed, my whole life is  in shambles.

#32    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

A bit dull

• 26,419 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

View Postxris, on 31 July 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

Im no die hard skeptic and hopefully keep more than open mind to the strangest of concepts BUT  no way can you conclude that a race of extinct aliens left a pile of rocks to indicate their past presence. Don't you think they could have been a bit more imaginative?
Well, I don't know, landscape sculpture on that scale, carving an entire mountain to look like something visible from space, would be quite an impressive achievement, and rather imaginative too, I'd have thought. Rather like the Pyramids, but an even bigger scale. That'd be quite impressive if anyone had managed to do it.

Edited by 747400, 31 July 2010 - 08:20 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#33    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,926 posts

• Oops.

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

View Postxris, on 31 July 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

Im no die hard skeptic and hopefully keep more than open mind to the strangest of concepts BUT  no way can you conclude that a race of extinct aliens left a pile of rocks to indicate their past presence. Don't you think they could have been a bit more imaginative?
Y'mean... like Mount Rushmore?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#34    joshsluss

joshsluss

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

Not a believer in this theory, but does anyone else see the the outline of a greys head with two eyes and a mouth?

The eyes can be so deceiving.

#35    Oen Anderson

Oen Anderson

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• We are all individuals and we are all special in our own unique way which really makes us quite ordinary!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

For years I thought I saw a face in my bathroom mirror staring back at me.  One day I reached out and tried to touch the face, and there was no face, only a flat piece of glass with silver backing that made it look like a face was staring back at me. I still see it every morning when I brush me teeth and it keeps changing, looking older and older. I don't let it bother me because I now know it really isn't there.  It is just an optical illusion and a rather ugly one at that.

#36    Lcvec

Lcvec

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:44 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 30 July 2010 - 06:48 PM, said:

Sadly, not those with PS CS3 and other "enhancement" weaponry :unsure:

Yep, you are right...but at least it will be easier to show everyone that there's no "face" in there.

#37    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,786 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

View Postxris, on 30 July 2010 - 08:19 PM, said:

Im afraid you guys are too cynical and comical to keep any true believers here for long. You never encourage them ,

Frankly, I never encourage belief in this field of study, I try to encourage knowledge. Encouraging blind belief, which we are talking about here, I find rather detrimental.

You act like circling vultures ready to plunge on your prey. You need to feed it appears.

By all means of respect, but I resent that implication. This topic is something that has been debated in numerous threads, always with the same outcome. Posters skeptical of the face claims voicing that opinion, just to be met with the usual silly claims of NASA covering up stuff like that and when countered with the argument that NASA is not the only entity imaging the Mars, they are either met with completely outrageous claims of worldwide cover-ups (a display of utter ignorance of how science actually works) or complete silence. What is particularly insulting is that the proponents lift their claims of a few websites (youtube included), whereas the skeptics spent a lot of time finding different references based in science and took to time to explain what it actually meant.

To believe is easy, but knowing is hard. And that will be pointed out.      

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#38    pixiii

pixiii

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

• Patefacio vestri mens quod praesumo somnio...
    Open your mind and dare to dream...

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:36 AM

Thank you so much for that link SW :)

I've always thought this "face on mars" was more of that "pareidolia" than anything else.

Edited by Still Waters, 01 August 2010 - 01:48 PM.
spelling corrected by OP's request

#39    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,684 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:55 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 August 2010 - 03:54 AM, said:

Posters skeptical of the face claims voicing that opinion, just to be met with the usual silly claims of NASA covering up stuff like that and when countered with the argument that NASA is not the only entity imaging the Mars, they are either met with completely outrageous claims of worldwide cover-ups (a display of utter ignorance of how science actually works) or complete silence. What is particularly insulting is that the proponents lift their claims of a few websites (youtube included), whereas the skeptics spent a lot of time finding different references based in science and took to time to explain what it actually meant.

leavin the face aside.... i haven't seen much satisfactory answers where the actions of other agencies have been found to be questionable... in this case... check the last post on this page

:rolleyes:

#40    Subjugator

Subjugator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

This is EXACTLY what I've been trying to tell those paranoid, narcissistic pseudo-astronomers on Youtube about.

Edited by Subjugator, 01 August 2010 - 06:56 AM.

The current capitalist system only offers alienation and various forms of wage slavery of varying degrees of tyranny and intrusiveness. In the current capitalist system, labor is not valued adequately in terms of rages and monetary payment. Capital save in terms of money is either owned or operated completely by workers, the property owning class merely sits back, funds the money and reaps the profits from the worker's labor.

WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!

#41    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 August 2010 - 03:54 AM, said:

Frankly, I never encourage belief in this field of study, I try to encourage knowledge. Encouraging blind belief, which we are talking about here, I find rather detrimental.

By all means of respect, but I resent that implication. This topic is something that has been debated in numerous threads, always with the same outcome. Posters skeptical of the face claims voicing that opinion, just to be met with the usual silly claims of NASA covering up stuff like that and when countered with the argument that NASA is not the only entity imaging the Mars, they are either met with completely outrageous claims of worldwide cover-ups (a display of utter ignorance of how science actually works) or complete silence. What is particularly insulting is that the proponents lift their claims of a few websites (youtube included), whereas the skeptics spent a lot of time finding different references based in science and took to time to explain what it actually meant.

To believe is easy, but knowing is hard. And that will be pointed out.      

Cheers,
Badeskov
Im not saying every skeptic or saying the majority but there is size-able amount of vociferous skeptics ready to pounce without first considering or actually reading the links provided.

#42    xris

xris

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

View Post747400, on 31 July 2010 - 08:20 PM, said:

Well, I don't know, landscape sculpture on that scale, carving an entire mountain to look like something visible from space, would be quite an impressive achievement, and rather imaginative too, I'd have thought. Rather like the Pyramids, but an even bigger scale. That'd be quite impressive if anyone had managed to do it.
If you had that ability you could do more than what we see.

#43    Sedd

Sedd

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Always thought it was a rock formation in the first place.

#44    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

oh no!
what do i do with my manuscript for my sci-fi novel with the plot line that the face on the moon was an Annunaki/nibbler construct and they were planning of staging a giant attack on earth and how US of A (please note - its the Us of A only...other countries don't attract the attention of the nibblers, no other country fight back at the nibblers and win...watch Independence day!!)...battle the nibblers and win.

but since now the face is a damn bloody geological formation on  Mars..what the hell will i do?? :w00t:

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#45    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,786 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 01 August 2010 - 06:55 AM, said:

leavin the face aside.... i haven't seen much satisfactory answers where the actions of other agencies have been found to be questionable... in this case... check the last post on this page

:rolleyes:

I just saw the "Moon rising" movie title in that thread you pointed me to and I ran away - fast. Secret EVAs in the Apollo program?? Aliens?? :blink: Is there anything specific you would like to know? Hard to guess what was really going on in that thread, to be honest.

Besides that, there were no secret EVAs. I am sure MID can explain all that is great detail, otherwise have a look at all the mission documentations - they will tell you all. I don't have the link at hand as I am not on my home computer, but I am sure MID (again) could be very helpful.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users