Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I'm So Scared/Worried Of Death

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,179 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 02 August 2010 - 09:24 PM, said:

<br />I dont believ in any form of life after death and i am not afraid of it.<br /><br />&quot;Without life after death, life is meaningless&quot; - this is a silly statement, its like saying &quot;without eating a second doughnut, the first one i ate will, in hindsight taste aweful and not fulfil my hunger&quot; it makes no sense.<br /><br />Life does have a purpose, you do your best, you love, you hate, you swear, you lie, you fight, you fail, fall over and get knocked down, you cry and get beaten but you stand up again, you have children, you make memories, you change things, you leave impressions, you leave the world a slightly better place then when you lived.  That IS life, its horrible and wonderful and scary and brilliant.<br /><br />There are Three Rules in Life.<br /><br />1. People Die.<br />2. Life is not fair.<br />3. Docters cant change rule 1.<br /><br />If you live for NOW, make your lifes mission to make people smile, plant the seeds of future stories and improve the lives of those around you then you have lived a life worth living.<br /><br />And you wont die, you will live on in the memories of your friends, your children.  Your image will smile out of video-clips and faded photo's, your likeness and traits in genes of your decendants.<br />When your body is gone, all that you are will break down, and go into the earth, the air and the water and thus be part of the lives of all those who will inhabit the Earth after you are gone.<br /><br />So, after life or not, you never truly die.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think you have covered the subject very well but of course not many will agree with you {us}.They need the comfort of thinking there is  something else after death and they will waste the only thing  that is precious ,life itself in pursuit of some fantasy world that is to come

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#17    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

And you wont die, you will live on in the memories of your friends, your children.  Your image will smile out of video-clips and faded photo's, your likeness and traits in genes of your decendants.
When your body is gone, all that you are will break down, and go into the earth, the air and the water and thus be part of the lives of all those who will inhabit the Earth after you are gone.

So, after life or not, you never truly die.

To me that matters very little, if when I die I'm not going to be around to even acknowledge that happening.  Call me self centered, but if I'm dead and gone 100% without even a spirit left to exist anymore, I'm not going to care about all the things I've left behind.  Hell, I won't be able to.

#18    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

I prefer to think of the idea of group consciousness.  The driving force that makes you alive will still be there after you're dead in my opinion.  To me we are all the same at the fundamental level of existence of functionality (just different variations as our DNA depicts us.)  I prefer to think that when we die what is "consciousness" is something that will continue.  I'm starting to become very interested in the idea of "Group consciousness."  Whenever I talk to someone or a group of people I literally start to feel like there is some invisible value floating around the place as soon as communication becomes apparent.

If you have 6 billion people in a room then I like to think of God as the invisible value of consciousness that ensures our species continues surviving.  In that light you become a part of God when you die since you made up part of the group consciousness.

Fearing death is meaningless anyway.  If you had the chance to live once on dimensional scales in my opinion you have the chance to live again.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#19    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,094 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

View PostVanchatron, on 02 August 2010 - 10:17 PM, said:

To me that matters very little, if when I die I'm not going to be around to even acknowledge that happening.  Call me self centered, but if I'm dead and gone 100% without even a spirit left to exist anymore, I'm not going to care about all the things I've left behind.  Hell, I won't be able to.

In which case you have all the more reason to live a happy, fulfilled life whilst you are alive, and that is the point of what i was saying.

#20    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• 1,555 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

View PostWyrdlight, on 02 August 2010 - 10:57 PM, said:

In which case you have all the more reason to live a happy, fulfilled life whilst you are alive, and that is the point of what i was saying.

I'm going to have to agree with Wyrdlight here.  If you can't get over your fear of death then use it to your advantage to live an awesome life :D..  I personally love what is my brain :).  I believe that what is my consciousness will be content with the idea of death when it comes my way.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#21    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,412 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:46 PM

View PostFurnacewhelp, on 02 August 2010 - 12:35 AM, said:

Think of it like this, if there is no life after death either through heaven, reincarnation, nirvana, etc. You won't exist anymore to care that there is no afterlife.

It is anticipation that causes fear, the thought of the future, what you say means nothing as it pertains to the post we are all responding to.

We never know, not sure if we are supposed to.  In the end we all choose what we put our trust, hope and faith in.

Peace
mark

#22    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 5,412 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

<br /><br /><br />

I think you have covered the subject very well but of course not many will agree with you {us}.They need the comfort of thinking there is  something else after death and they will waste the only thing  that is precious ,life itself in pursuit of some fantasy world that is to come

fullywired
[/quote]

There is no proof in what you are saying about believers wasting their lives is true, unless of course stereotypes have some kind of reality for you....they have just enough truth to lead to very simplistic statements.  If faith reduces fear of death, then life will be less filled with anxiety whether it is shown on a conscious or unconscious level.   Faith in God is not an escape from reality, but in fact could be the central truth that mankind seeks. Also if belief in an afterlife is accepted, then death is not an end but a beginning, so the values pursued would perhaps be different from one who thinks we just get one shot.  While I believe, I am also agnostic to some degree about the whole question.  We won't know until after we die.

Peace
Mark

#23    Agent Darkbootie

Agent Darkbootie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

It's scary, but it's going to happen whether you want to or not. Just hope you're at peace with it when the time comes, and otherwise just keep living.

#24    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

And you wont die, you will live on in the memories of your friends, your children.  Your image will smile out of video-clips and faded photo's, your likeness and traits in genes of your decendants.
When your body is gone, all that you are will break down, and go into the earth, the air and the water and thus be part of the lives of all those who will inhabit the Earth after you are gone.

So, after life or not, you never truly die.
I like your way of thinking. This is a nice post  :tu:

Posted Image

#25    Black Hound

Black Hound

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

I really dont think about it, something  I worry about. I think of it as just another plain and when we die, we move on to another one, diferent than the one we exist in now. The notion of dying scares me alot more, esp. if it means a slow death, say from some illness when each day is simply a struggle to live. Should I get to that point, just" pull the pluug" and let me face what is beyond. I guess I simply repress it until a family member or close friend passes.

#26    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

I choose not to dwell upon death or the mysteries of after death.  Death is a fear so common that we refer to the "after life" without thinking that after life is death.  It is the after death that concerns us.

The fact is that death is not the biggest concern we should have.  We should be more concerned with those things inside us that die while we yet live.  The time, for example, lost from life in the obsession with death.  We should have the courage to live.  Anyone can die.

If death is really defined by some eternal nothing, then should we not concentrate upon this fleeting moment of life that came to us as a gift without our asking?  To worry about death is like worrying about breathing.  Both are ingredients of life and will come with or without our consternation.

#27    Vanchatron

Vanchatron

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 03 August 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

I like your way of thinking. This is a nice post  :tu:

Yeah it's nice, but in all seriousness... What will it matter if you're not around to appreciate it?  As I said before, you won't be around to care what happens to your family & loved ones if you just cease to exist completely once you die, so at the end of the day, whether you're living on in people's memories or not, it's meaningless, because you can't appreciate or recognise it happening.

Even saying "I want my family to be safe and to remember me once I die" etc etc, but that "need" for this to happen will be void, as you won't be around, therefore will it really matter?

I'm making myself depressed here... again.  It's annoying really, feeling that you only have around 70-80 years to live (if you're lucky) and once that's gone it's all over... It makes you think "what the hell was the point of it all?".

#28    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,179 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

View Postmarkdohle, on 02 August 2010 - 11:56 PM, said:

<br /><br /><br />

There is no proof in what you are saying about believers wasting their lives is true, unless of course stereotypes have some kind of reality for you....they have just enough truth to lead to very simplistic statements.  If faith reduces fear of death, then life will be less filled with anxiety whether it is shown on a conscious or unconscious level.   Faith in God is not an escape from reality, but in fact could be the central truth that mankind seeks. Also if belief in an afterlife is accepted, then death is not an end but a beginning, so the values pursued would perhaps be different from one who thinks we just get one shot.  While I believe, I am also agnostic to some degree about the whole question.  We won't know until after we die.

Peace
Mark
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

If someone spends their life striving for something that can only be achieved after death ,they are wasting their lives

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#29    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

View PostVanchatron, on 03 August 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

Yeah it's nice, but in all seriousness... What will it matter if you're not around to appreciate it?  As I said before, you won't be around to care what happens to your family & loved ones if you just cease to exist completely once you die, so at the end of the day, whether you're living on in people's memories or not, it's meaningless, because you can't appreciate or recognise it happening.

Even saying "I want my family to be safe and to remember me once I die" etc etc, but that "need" for this to happen will be void, as you won't be around, therefore will it really matter?

I'm making myself depressed here... again.  It's annoying really, feeling that you only have around 70-80 years to live (if you're lucky) and once that's gone it's all over... It makes you think "what the hell was the point of it all?".

Now you're treading on the dilemma of all great philosophers, not one of whom found an answer.  It might be worth considering, however, that if life has no purpose and it always ends in death, perhaps the purpose is found in dying?

#30    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• 1,094 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

View PostVanchatron, on 03 August 2010 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well it seems to me as though your saying things only matter if you are there to witness them, they only matter if you are there to see it and that once you are gone, nothing matters.

1. Thats.... selfish, it implies nodbody should ever do anything that does not benifit them.

2. By the same token, if your dead and dont exist, you wont care that you cant experiance anything, the door swings both ways.

If everyone adopted my outlook the world would ahve far more laughter in it, and far less gun fire.  I suppose i dont CARE about any afterlife, death has no fear for me, i KNOW i will live on as I described, the fact i wont be around to witness it is moot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users