Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I'm So Scared/Worried Of Death

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61    HiggsBoson

HiggsBoson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

View Postshadowlark, on 14 August 2010 - 02:22 AM, said:

I personally have no doubt that there is some sort of afterlife. I've seen & experienced too many things that I just can't explain rationally, no matter how hard I try. The only conclusion I can draw from these experiences is that something supernatural occurred involving ghosts/spirits/souls whatever. One of these included my dog which had recently passed away, so I also have no doubt that animals have souls/spirits. :)

Absolutely shadowlark.

You may enjoy this article.

Robert Lanza, M.D.: Who Are We? Experiments Suggest You're Not Who You Think

http://www.huffingto...e_b_551719.html

#62    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

In my time of dying, I want nobody to moan.
All I want for you to do, is give me lysergic acid diethylamide
25, so I can die easy!

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#63    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:25 AM

When I'm old enough and lived out my natural life span, I prefer to die in a home surrounded by my closest family and friends. That's a more preferable and honorable way to die and have mourning to be done in the private. In most cultures, people learned to handle the difficult subject of death and dying, except you hadn't seen this in America: we associate death with total failure. But it's not always a failure unless one contemplates their own life as unaccomplished of goals, death is a part of the natural cycle of life for humans along with all faunae/animalia and florae/plants.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#64    Gauss

Gauss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi there!

The good news for you is that you realize there is something to worry about, that means you have some enlightenment quality and probably have a future.

As far as I am concerned I cultivate in Falun Gong(Falun Dafa, FD) where one believes in Samsara(Buddhist reincarnation loop).

In FD one believes that good is rewarded with good and evil is rewarded with evil in afterlife. FD has been presented to people who want to become better people and raise themselves.

In FD it is said that if you believe that the principle of Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truth-Compassion-Forbearance) is good and you know that Falun Dafa is good you will be saved no matter if you practice or not.

Of course a good person will also oppose the persecution of FD people in China. That is evil(the Chinese Communist Party) persecuting good(FD) in our eyes.

If you have an interest in the specifics you may PM me and I will give you some free book links.

#65    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

[quote name='HiggsBoson' timestamp='1281749050' post='3533562']
  I have included a copy of an article by Robert Lanza MD, a renowned biotechnologist and physician, who recently authored a book focusing on a theory referred to as Biocentrism:

Many of us fear death. We believe in death because we have been told we will die. We associate ourselves with the body, and we know that bodies die. But a new scientific theory suggests that death is not the terminal event we think.

One well-known aspect of quantum physics is that certain observations cannot be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is a range of possible observations each with a different probability. One mainstream explanation, the "many-worlds" interpretation, states that each of these possible observations corresponds to a different universe (the 'multiverse'). A new scientific theory - called biocentrism - refines these ideas. There are an infinite number of universes, and everything that could possibly happen occurs in some universe. Death does not exist in any real sense in these scenarios. All possible universes exist simultaneously, regardless of what happens in any of them. Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the alive feeling - the 'Who am I?'- is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain. But this energy doesn't go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can neither be created nor destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to the other?

Consider an experiment that was recently published in the journal Science showing that scientists could retroactively change something that had happened in the past. Particles had to decide how to behave when they hit a beam splitter. Later on, the experimenter could turn a second switch on or off. It turns out that what the observer decided at that point, determined what the particle did in the past. Regardless of the choice you, the observer, make, it is you who will experience the outcomes that will result. The linkages between these various histories and universes transcend our ordinary classical ideas of space and time. Think of the 20-watts of energy as simply holo-projecting either this or that result onto a screen. Whether you turn the second beam splitter on or off, it's still the same battery or agent responsible for the projection.

According to Biocentrism, space and time are not the hard objects we think. Wave your hand through the air - if you take everything away, what's left? Nothing. The same thing applies for time. You can't see anything through the bone that surrounds your brain. Everything you see and experience right now is a whirl of information occurring in your mind. Space and time are simply the tools for putting everything together.

Death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless world. In the end, even Einstein admitted, "Now Besso" (an old friend) "has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us...know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." Immortality doesn't mean a perpetual existence in time without end, but rather resides outside of time altogether.

Im so sorry about your sister. Your story touched me and I couldnt stop crying. I have had similar views of death, although I often wonder if conciousness and memories are also retained. I too spend a lot of time contemplating my own mortality, considering I have an illness that will eventually kill me in a few years, unless I receive a transplant. Even then there are no guarantees. So I guess it is something we all have to face one day. But after experiencing many strange occurances, I believe that 'something' survives. When I was told that my illness is fatal, I had a strangest feeling of elation and excitement at the thought that now I will finally experience what others who died did. Weird I know but that is how I felt. And when I was released from the hospital I wanted to hug every tree and plant and felt such love for everything. I was probably a little nuts at that time, but I never felt fear, except a connection to all things. Does that sound crazy to you? Its like when one is close to death they see life and the world through different eyes. Not that everyone does. Take my friend who has COPD. She has such a negative outlook. She depresses me and everyone around her. As for myself, I hate the thought of leaving my family. So I guess we all think about death, some fear it others are curious but eventually we will find out for ourselves. [b]

#66    JohnPeniel

JohnPeniel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

View PostVanchatron, on 01 August 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

I've been thinking of death a lot recently...

What is it that you really fear?  Is it what will become of you or what has been?  When we think of death, we aren't really thinking of an end to life.  What we are thinking about is an end of retention.  You said so yourself...

I really can't think of anything worse than just dying and then that's it, all over, and my whole existence was meaningless.

Regardless of whether you live on to another existence or become non-existent altogether, your past will always be what it was (a waste of time or not).  The only difference is, if there is no existence beyond life, that you won't even be around to worry about worrying about it.  What bothers you now, will not bother you later.  Therefore the worste that could possibly happen is exactly what you are doing right now.  Stop worrying and you've defeated death.

On a brighter side, and if you don't mind me placing religion in to this (if you do then please stop reading here BUT rest assured, I'm not preaching... just simply illustrating some points of the Bible that are commonly misunderstood pertaining to death.)...

We have a choice of moving on to another existence or just seizing to exist.  As most people misinterpret scripture into thinking that this Glorious and loving God would burn people for all eternity, this is not true.  This is merely the perception of people who lack the ability to understand it.

Matthew 5:22 mentions Hell fire and verses 29 and 30 also mention it. The word Hell, is Greek for Gehenna. Gehenna is the term for, the valley of Hinnom. It was located outside Jerusalem and served as a waste disposal area. Dead animals, garbage, and criminals were dumped and burned there. And because of so much dumping,it burned constantly. Parasitic worms feed there continually. So, Gehenna meant… a garbage dump for burning up garbage. There is no mention of Gehenna being an everlasting torment.

Numbers 16:32-33 mentions Korah and his companions going down alive into a pit, which became their grave. This happened because of sin. You can read it. Kever means grave, but does not take away the fact that sheol [ translated Hades in the septuagint- the oldest Greek version of the old testament, carries a similar meaning.] Scholars do seem to differ in opinion on the origin of the word,Hades. It's probable, Hades was derived from the word Hado, which means, all receiving. So, both hades and Sheol refer to the universal grave, or all receiving abode of the dead.

In other words- the Hebrew word, Kever, seems to refer to an individual sepulcher, tomb, or grave. Sheol is the grave, considering it's the dust of the earth where all past civilizations have returned.

To summarize this up: When one is placed in the grave  [Kever ], he joins others in Sheol [ universal grave ], where the dead sleep. When you're dead in the grave, you remember nothing.

Romans 6:23 says, for the wages of sin is death, eternal death. There is no awakening, no joy of salvation, no happiness, no hope or dreams…nothing. This is ever lasting punishment, no hell fire. Just gone, as if never been born.

BUT... as much as I would love to go beyond simply pointing out facts and so forth and start preaching to you, I can't do that because of the rules here.  SO I will simply just point out historical facts and commentary on death from that perspective.  If you would like to know more you can always ask me.  But I will keep the preaching out of the forums.

#67    LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

I have seen many things that say there might be an afterlife. However I think that one should just live his/her life fully before the times comes. If there is no afterlife, then you can only leave a positive image of yourself. This is what I personally think. I'm not completely there is a afterlife, its one of those questions which cannot be answered for sure, imo.

#68    Sankaii1

Sankaii1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

For me, it's no hell. But the thoughts of hell and dying and all those things "people taught u" were eventually makes ur life live in hell now. Die is a process of life. After u died, ur body decomposed and give nutrient for other lives to begin. Scaring about something doesn't make u feel any better. U only know how it feel when u actually experience it. Wipe that thought away for now and do what u suppose to do. If u live ur life without any shame, why would u afraid of hell or whatever. Just a little thought. :D excuse me for my english. :)

#69    dumakey1212

dumakey1212

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

I am currently very sad that I may lose my loved ones forever by not being able to ever see them again.

#70    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,177 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postdumakey1212, on 20 July 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

I am currently very sad that I may lose my loved ones forever by not being able to ever see them again.
they are in your mind though, they only live if you remember them

#71    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,332 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

I don't fear death anymore as long as it's not painful and it's peaceful.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#72    Truthseeker007

Truthseeker007

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I've been thinking of death a lot recently, and I'm so scared of it that it's just playing on my mind constantly.  I'm not scared of the REASON I'll die, be it through old age, sickness, or what have you.  I'm scared of what will become of me AFTER I die.  I'm scared & worried because the worst possible thing I can think of to happen to me is that after I die, I'll cease to exist completely and there will be no afterlife whatsoever.  I really can't think of anything worse than just dying and then that's it, all over, and my whole existence was meaningless.  All of the things I'll have achieved in life will mean absolutely nothing, if when I die there's no afterlife.

A lot of people believe in the afterlife & ghosts etc, but at the end of the day we have no proof that after you die you still live on somehow.  This is one of the reasons I'm so scared.

If I knew for a fact that once I died, I still lived on perhaps in the spirit world or in some sort of afterlife, I wouldn't fear death in the slightest, because I'd know that when I die, it's NOT all over.  There's some people that believe we are all made up of masses of energy and energy can not be destroyed, therefore once you die, your energy still lives on.  This of course is better than nothing, but I can't imagine you'd have any thoughts, memories or any form of consciousness whatsoever if you just became a ball of energy once you die.  So I guess, this would probably be near enough the same type of thing as dying and not living on after death.

People talk about ghosts, the shadow world/realm, etc and I try to believe in it as much as possible so that I can convince myself that when I die, I still exist.

I come on this forum constantly in order to make myself feel better about the fact that once you die, you DO live on and you don't just cease to exist completely, but like I said, at the end of the day there's no proof.  The only thing that's certain regarding all this, is you DO die, there's no avoiding that.

I don't really know what I want from this thread to be honest; perhaps I was just hoping that people would comment about not just ceasing to exist once you die, in the hopes that I'd feel better about death and what will become of me.

In any case, I'd like to hear what people think about this type of thing in general and perhaps I'll feel a little better after reading some replies.

Thanks.

Don't worry you never die. Think of your body as a vehicle. Once the vehicle is used up you will find another one.
Read some info on these links. I hope they help.

http://www.near-death.com/

http://home.iae.nl/u...r/awareness.htm

http://www.wanttokno...deathexperience

I can't remeber where I found this but I hope it helps:

Many entities view life and death as sequential,with lives creating new lives and themselves
fading into death as a kind of cause and effect chain of events.There is also the
established scientific view that the cells,blood,flesh,bones,organs and all the bodily
substances constantly die and renew so that within a seven year cycle there isn't
one single cell within an individual that is the same as was there prior to the
seven year cycle,which suggests a physical recreation occurs for better or for worse
atleast every seven years during the life spand of one's physical incarnation.
Others see life as a cycle in which one is born,grows,weaken,eventually dies
and then is reborn to begin the cycle again.

Such a view sees a cycle of repetitious reincarnations like being on a wheel
of life and death,birth and rebirth as cycles and lifetimes repeat endlessly untill
one manages somehow to extract oneself from the wheel.

It is important at this time to relize that the patterns of the of these cycles
the polarities between spirit-antimatter and matter-and the mixture of
vibrations of life  and death cycles or sequential patterns in which everything
lives and dies,whether it be stone,a sound,an idea,an activity,a being,a planet
,a galaxy,or a universe.Each thing has its own season.its own time to live
and its own time to die.But in each death,each thing continues as something
transformed into another vibratory flux,another mixture and pattern
of energies and consciousness.

Every death is a birth  and every birth is a death.The movement is but a shift
in polaritys-a feeling of change in the matter and the antimatter flux to its equal
and opposite balance.For some,the shift is subtle and slow.For others it is sudden and quick.

Some are nearly dead for years before passing over.To the same degree,they may
be that much more alive in the next realm.Others who are suddenly taken may
need considerable time in the next realm to adjust to the new realities of their passing over.

All entities,in every realm,alive to one,dead to the other,or in between,experiance
the Life Force,the Creative Power of the Living Word of God,the Cosmic Vibration
or Universal Frequencies,for that is All There Is.Death itself cannot deny such
realities,but only shifts from one vibration to another,from one realm to another,
from one reality to a different one.

Even though the body dies,entities continue on as a flux of energies,a composite of
vibrations,in one form or another,in one realm or another,never escaping the
reality of their existence even through deaths door.Nor do they escape from
the problems,except my solving or emotionally letting go to let the Devine Creator
solve the problem.When you have done all you can do to solve your problem,
let go and let God  take care of it,being able to do this as the Devine Creator
suggests.The creator will never ask that you harm another,or that you
harm yourself,or that you suffer on its behalf.This awareness will ask you
that you love yourself and others and that you give of yourself suficianty
to create an empty space-a vacumn within-that will hold the blessings you
deserve and desire.The sacrafice of giving up something for something
more desireable brings the greater fullfillment as give and take,gain and loss
,pleasure and pain,life and death,and a myriad of other ever-shifting polarities
dance and vibrate to your everlasting life.

Spiral Symbolism:
Evolution and holistic growth:Letting go, surrender, release
Awareness of the one within the context of the whole
Connectivity and union with deific and cosmic energies

"Connectivity to the Divine" observation

#73    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

My recipe for a good life: You need both hardships and something to look forward in life. Hardships so you become hardened, not just bland reality but really rough times when you may be in much pain, despair and struggling. Rough times which make death feel like a nice though of resting. But that's not that alone, you also just need to get comfortable with the idea of death, through something to look forward in life. No matter what comes after, I think you got the best bets to be comfortable with it when you both live your life like you feel right, as well as do something good for this world you feel good about. Like a personal life-quest, and doing it the way you feel is good. I've had that kinda thing for years, before that I had a lil' more empty and "still seeking something" feeling. But lately, I've come to put that personal quest more on the background, though it's still there. It's not the most important thing, but how you get there.

Think of it like this: you have a life. It's like having money you've been given. You would like to spend the money before you die, right? Same thing with life. No need to stress about spending it because it's for you. That's the main point. If you are a very altruistic person then it'd still be for you, for your big altruistic side which tells you to help others. But if you're not, the answer is pretty simple: oblige, and seek what you really enjoy obliging into.

People like very different things, you just find what you like, and try not to hurt others too much in your way of living that way. Sometimes we collide with each other, can be big collisions, in pursuit of happiness, but whether you just do it out of mental laziness or whether you really seek a way out of doing harm to others, is what makes a difference.

Edited by Mikko-kun, 23 July 2013 - 09:02 AM.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#74    sutemi

sutemi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hi Vanchatron, I wouldn’t give up on the Energy theory to soon.
  take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users