Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

going back in time?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1    jeceris

jeceris

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

• THERE AIN'T NO DEVIL, IT'S JUST GOD WHEN HE'S DRUNK- TOM WAITS

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:59 PM

looking at all the threads on ancient history, and all the unanswered questions about what went on when with which civilization, i ask this.
if you could travel back in time, where would you go? who would you see? to what time period?

if i could go back, i'd want to get to the ancient library of alexandria, before the fire, and read every tale, every description of civilizations before then.
hanging out by the mediterranean reading old books, sounds fine to me.

ottawa senators hockey

there was THIS year

#2    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (jeceris @ Jul 16 2004, 06:59 PM)
looking at all the threads on ancient history, and all the unanswered questions about what went on when with which civilization, i ask this.
if you could travel back in time, where would you go? who would you see? to what time period?

if i could go back, i'd want to get to the ancient library of alexandria, before the fire, and read every tale, every description of civilizations before then.
hanging out by the mediterranean reading old books, sounds fine to me.

lmao, before I reached the end of your post I was getting ready to post the same thing.  laugh.gif  

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#3    Anakim

Anakim

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• I look to the skies for my salvation. It keeps my mind off my present damnation!

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:38 PM

I'ld go to easther island and find out how those statues got there or i'ld go back and have a conversation with jesus and answer some questions once and for all!  

Posted Image

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:01 PM

I go back to last week and give myself this weeks lotto numbers.

#5    Murdison

Murdison

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

The exact moment I was concieved and came into this world?... My very first thoughts!  huh.gif  

Posted Image

#6    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 01:40 AM

I'd go back to the Roman Empire. Using my knowledge of modern concepts and technology I'd become an integral part of the Emperors court. Then I'd probably have him assassinated and take over myself. With my knowledge of history I could avoid the mistakes made previously..
And then The Empire may never have fallen and the Falco Dynasty would gain the rightful place in history it deserves!

Or maybe I'd just hang out, get wasted, and take in an orgy or two.. tongue.gif  

#7    jpalz

jpalz

Poltergeist

• 2,964 posts

• When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 02:30 AM

Many places. One: I would see Jesus. Two: the Crusades. Third: I would see my grandparent when he was still alive, it's just that I never met him ph34r.gif  

Posted Image
I've looked for you. Now you've come to see me. And I thank you for it - John Paul II's last words.
To be young and not a revolutionary is a contradiction, even biological
It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum
My blog! :D

#8    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,317 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Jul 16 2004, 04:01 PM)
I go back to last week and give myself this weeks lotto numbers.

Good one.... share?

I would like to be a pirate.  laugh.gif  Maybe find out the truth about Oak Island... that would put me back a couple of hundred years original.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 17 July 2004 - 04:01 AM.

iheartsugarbear

#9    freaky6

freaky6

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

• If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:56 AM

I would love to go back and check out Henry VIII's family, they are just so damn interesting and then I would go farther back and see the dinosaurs and see how they really were

#10    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:55 AM

I would go back and see if Atlantis really existed.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#11    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:11 AM

I'll go back to observe the first humans.

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

#12    Nikolaos

Nikolaos

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

• Ubersticks Ubersuck.
    o.O Oro.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:18 AM

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post:

I would go back five minutes ago to change what I'm about to post.

Posted Image

#13    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:21 AM

I would go back and back all the time coz their is soooooo much to seeeeee but the three top choices would br to go back to ancient Egypt to observe what their civilsation was like and to see hoe they built those bloody pyrsamids. Number 2 would be going back to see the mayan,incan and aztec civilisations in their "classic period" and finally to see if atlantis existed.

Also checking out the very first humans would be cool, seeing if jesus really walked the earth, babylon, middle ages, ice age, etc.......There is just so much to see. Lets never forget their is no future without a past!!! thumbsup.gif  

#14    Quirky Aussie

Quirky Aussie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• Crikey!

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:04 PM

But you'd have to be very careful about what you did, or else you'd most definately change history. That would mean no killing, destroying, sex or anything. Heck, you couldn't even touch anything.
For example, going back to the time of the Aztecs. Just standing there would infect the people with all the bacteria you'd be carrying around, since there were no diseases before European contact. That would make many, many people sick and possibly wipe out the Aztecs prematurely.  sad.gif  

#15    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:14 PM

That's depending on whether you care if you change history or not. I definitely think parts of it could use some serious re-vamping for the greater good..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users