Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the afterlife like?

rileycooper

I am really interested in the afterlife and would love to hear peoples ideas and or experiences about the afterlife. What they think happens when you die and what it's like and where is it etc.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• MARAB0D

• fullywired

• over9millionyearsold

My father's heart completely stopped during a heart attack but he was revived after a couple of minutes. After he was released from the hospital, he told my mom that he was no longer worried about dying, that he had seen God and knew that everything was going to be ok. When she tried to ask him further questions, he said "I can't tell you anything else, because I made a promise that I wouldn't." We think he knew he was going to die, because once he was home from the hospital, he called all of his brothers and sisters and family friends and basically said goodbye to everyone and died a few days later, totally at peace.

I was pregnant at the time and when I was in labor a few months later, I was walking up and down the hall in the hospital (trying to get things moving along) and saw my father sitting in the waiting room. I didn't think anything about it until I got a little further down the hall, then was like "wait a minute?" raced back and of course, he wasn't there. I didn't say anything about this to anyone until years later when I mentioned it to my mom and she asked why I hadn't said something sooner because she had seen him at the hospital too! Maybe it was just wishful thinking on both our parts, but it was kinda nice to think that he was there for the birth of his first grandchild.

I really don't know. I do think it is relative and depends on your religion and culture. From looking into NDE's a little I would expect to experience a life review.

Ancient cultures had a deep understanding of death imo and Egypt may have had the most complex scenario with rites of muumification, etc. However, it is tibetan buddhism that goes into the most detail trying to help the individual make the crossing from life to death. Perhaps these things are not needed though and christianity is a streamlined version but no less effective.

http://www.spiritualtravel.org/OBE/afterdeath.html

Youre dead.

Cremated, or buried in the ground. IMO, thats the afterlife as we know it right now.

I am really interested in the afterlife and would love to hear peoples ideas and or experiences about the afterlife. What they think happens when you die and what it's like and where is it etc.

I was raised Cathoic and then had a spiritual union with God when I was a teenager which then kept me a Christian. I stayed in the Catholic church as I had approximately 5 other heavenly visitations in a Catholic setting.

I didn't necessarily personally think what I was taught was true about the afterlife, but then I read many books about people who intercede for others, such as for unborn (unbaptized) babies, the dead, and for people in general. There is one person in particular who caught my eye, Maria Simma.

She prayed for the souls in purgatory so much that they started to come to her to ask her to do things for them so that they could finish their purification process and make it to heaven. Here is one link to check out http://www.holysoulscrusade.org/maria-simma1.html There is also a book you can find online to read more about her experiences with the souls asking for help.

I also read many books on Marian visitations. She always asks us to pray for the souls in purgatory. She showed the children in Fatima a vision of hell, and says she herself is from Heaven.

Therefore as summarized briefly above, I came to believe in the usual Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven, as three possible paths for when we die. I am sure there is more to it as described by a previous poster to this forum but I do now believe at a minimum in the three categories for life after death.

Keven

Edited by keven3

An old man was feeding some pigeons on a park bench A young couple came up to him and said, "Excuse me sir, but you look well established here. We have just moved to this town. Could you tell us how we will find it.?

"well," replied the old fella. "how did you find the last town you lived in?"

"Why it was very nice" the woman responded. "The people were friendly, our neighbours liked us, we got on well with commuity groups, our kids enjoyed their school. People talked to each other."

"Thats nice," responded the old fella. "I think you will find this town is very similar."

"Thank you. That is good to hear. We already had a good feeling about this town," responded the bloke, and the couple moved on.

A Little later a middle aged man approached the old fella and said,

" Hey I've just moved here. What is this town like to live in?"

"well," replied the old fella, "how did you find the last town you lived in?"

"Pretty bad replied the bloke. The people were unfriendly, my neighbours disliked me, I couldnt find any community groups that appealed to me, and most were just busybodies. The schools were hopeless, and no one talked to me."

"Thats unfortunate," responded the old fella, "but i think you will find this town is very similar."

" DAmn! I already suspected as much," muttered the bloke, as he moved off.

The moral?

Well, in part; life is what you make of it. I can see no reason why any afterlife would not be the same. :innocent:

the bible offers you ( in the form of a parable ) a view into the "dimention" souls are at this time. 2 sides of the gulf.

Everything responsible for your thought, sense and memory processes will cease to function and while your body will still be around, from your point of view you will have ceased to exist. The molecules of your body will be put to use elsewhere, mostly by other living things who will use them as building blocks through metabolism.

Of course if you're lucky you will have already passed on your genes. While that won't let you live forever, it will work like a artisan signature. Forever reminding the world of who you were.

An old man was feeding some pigeons on a park bench A young couple came up to him and said, "Excuse me sir, but you look well established here. We have just moved to this town. Could you tell us how we will find it.?

"well," replied the old fella. "how did you find the last town you lived in?"

"Why it was very nice" the woman responded. "The people were friendly, our neighbours liked us, we got on well with commuity groups, our kids enjoyed their school. People talked to each other."

"Thats nice," responded the old fella. "I think you will find this town is very similar."

"Thank you. That is good to hear. We already had a good feeling about this town," responded the bloke, and the couple moved on.

A Little later a middle aged man approached the old fella and said,

" Hey I've just moved here. What is this town like to live in?"

"well," replied the old fella, "how did you find the last town you lived in?"

"Pretty bad replied the bloke. The people were unfriendly, my neighbours disliked me, I couldnt find any community groups that appealed to me, and most were just busybodies. The schools were hopeless, and no one talked to me."

"Thats unfortunate," responded the old fella, "but i think you will find this town is very similar."

" DAmn! I already suspected as much," muttered the bloke, as he moved off.

The moral?

Well, in part; life is what you make of it. I can see no reason why any afterlife would not be the same. :innocent:

thats a wonderful way to look at things :-)

I have no idea and when I try, I can't get my mind "around it, so I can understnd it". Being a "somewhat" religious type, I can refer to what the after life is like from the Bible, in the New Testament, aand some stories by thoses who have been "there" and returned, though their stay might have been very brief..Guess it's a question that can be debated, from "there is none", to" all bright and suny", or somewhere in between. This time of thee morning, it is way to much of a question to try to deal with without getting a headache.:lol:

Here is a site I like to read. NDE LINK I think you will find a lot of what your looking for here. :tu:

maybe it makes sense not to ask those who never had afterlife yet, but just wait and see what it looks like?

When I die, bring me back and I will tell you :D

There is no after life. After life is death. It is the after death that you are asking about.

There is no after life. After life is death. It is the after death that you are asking about.

You'd need to define your terms a little more for me to be certain, but that seems an absolutist statement.

I dont believe in a life after death, but the point is one cannot know either, that any conscious form exists after death, or that it does not.

And certainly one can not know that human consciousness is not capable of storage and retrieval or replication. Heck we are only a few decades from being able to do that ourselves. Scientifically, there is no reason why ours might not be the last "mortal" generation of humanity.

Thus death may not be an end point or even an absolute certainty. It might be only a transition point or not even that. But you are correct that, at present, it would appear as if everyone dies, and the quesion is really, "Is there a continuation of our present consciousness/life, after that death?"

Edited by Mr Walker

If it doesn't have Internet then I'm not interested!

It's obvious that the major religious heavens don't have Internet, otherwise we would have nice vids and emails describing it :)

If it doesn't have Internet then I'm not interested!

It's obvious that the major religious heavens don't have Internet, otherwise we would have nice vids and emails describing it :)

It doesnt need internet. First all intelligences are connected via the cosmic consciousness so we are all one. Thus, we only have to think to communicate with others (not sure how the spam filters will work) :innocent:

Second we all have the ability to instantly transmat between any place and another, so we wont need the internet to span the world/universe. We will simply bend our matter to our will and we will be there.

I was practicing this technique last night. I became a lightform. In a kaleidescope of neon colours, i could take any form i liked ( after palying about a bit i became a phoenix) I'm completely drug and alcohol free for 40 years, yet the whole sensation was as i've heard an acid trip being described.

Sound, physical sensations, and colour, all melded into one coherent entity. I existed only as that mix of light sound and physical sensation My physical body semed no longer to exist. No corporeal body at all..

Then i just zipped right round the universe and back again (yes the universe is kinda spherical or maybe bent/mobius) in a few minutes(sorry cant describe much coz i went too fast)

However on previous journeys i have travelled through the centre of galaxies and observed close up the multiple forms of galaxies as i glided by them.

That experience last night was a physical sensation equivalent of hang gliding, swimming with white pointers, and doing ones first extended downhill ski run all put together.

It had taken me months to achieve it and its memory will live as vividly and as long as my memories of those more physical expereinces. I am going to try and replicate it tonight, but even if i succeed the first time is always exceptional. :innocent:

For me, that is what the after life might be like, and why not if it can be accomplished in this life while still constrained by my physical body, an my largely physical detachment (mostly) from the cosmic cosciousness.

In this life it is hard to fully become one with the cosmic consciousness (but possible to a limited extent) My hope for any after life is that i will become fully integrated with the universe via the cosnic consciousness.

Edited by Mr Walker

When I die, bring me back and I will tell you :D

And there's the rub ..Of all the people who have inhabited this earth from the begining .not even the good ,the holy and whatever the description, has ever come back to tell us .

,That fact alone answers the question about the so called afterlife.Life ends in death ,there is nothing else

fullywired

It doesnt need internet. First all intelligences are connected via the cosmic consciousness so we are all one. Thus, we only have to think to communicate with others (not sure how the spam filters will work) :innocent:

Second we all have the ability to instantly transmat between any place and another, so we wont need the internet to span the world/universe. We will simply bend our matter to our will and we will be there.

I was practicing this technique last night. I became a lightform. In a kaleidescope of neon colours, i could take any form i liked ( after palying about a bit i became a phoenix) I'm completely drug and alcohol free for 40 years, yet the whole sensation was as i've heard an acid trip being described.

Sound, physical sensations, and colour, all melded into one coherent entity. I existed only as that mix of light sound and physical sensation My physical body semed no longer to exist. No corporeal body at all..

Then i just zipped right round the universe and back again (yes the universe is kinda spherical or maybe bent/mobius) in a few minutes(sorry cant describe much coz i went too fast)

However on previous journeys i have travelled through the centre of galaxies and observed close up the multiple forms of galaxies as i glided by them.

That experience last night was a physical sensation equivalent of hang gliding, swimming with white pointers, and doing ones first extended downhill ski run all put together.

It had taken me months to achieve it and its memory will live as vividly and as long as my memories of those more physical expereinces. I am going to try and replicate it tonight, but even if i succeed the first time is always exceptional. :innocent:

For me, that is what the after life might be like, and why not if it can be accomplished in this life while still constrained by my physical body, an my largely physical detachment (mostly) from the cosmic cosciousness.

In this life it is hard to fully become one with the cosmic consciousness (but possible to a limited extent) My hope for any after life is that i will become fully integrated with the universe via the cosnic consciousness.

So for you the afterlife is merely an extension, you transcend your body and become something not human, probably a nebular energy thing, and fly around the universe? Hmm, too much Stargate SG-1?

Yet there won't be any connection to this Internet, so I am still not interested ^^

So for you the afterlife is merely an extension, you transcend your body and become something not human, probably a nebular energy thing, and fly around the universe? Hmm, too much Stargate SG-1?

Yet there won't be any connection to this Internet, so I am still not interested ^^

Not an extension but certainly a transformation. Why would it not be human? Human is as human thinks not as human looks. And because our form is under the control of our will we canbe any form we wish from human to energy/light I have already met beings like this. And why would you not be able to connect to this internet if you wanted to? (but why would you want to with direct communication a t your command?

The internet is a very limited advanc e in humanity's quest to be able to communicate clearly and effectively betwe its isolated members.

And i was using "stargates" to flit around, and between, pocket universes back in the 1950s Long before the writers of stargate universe came up with the idea. Mind you i probably had the idea from the dimension portal at the top of the faraway tree, deep in my subconscious.

Our conscience is only based on how far are brain lets us perceive it. We only know what it is like to live in our bodies. The question is, What will our conscience turn into? Is it you that has moved on? What makes you more of an individual than your neighbor? We probably will never retain or obtain our memories. So one who is in death will only lose that state of life. What will the next life(if life be it) be? and the transferring of your "conscience"? That is the ultimate question.

Edited by NecroWanderer

Caterpillars are talking about the life of butterflies... :lol:

Which, perhaps, indicates the caterpillar's awareness of butterflies, :devil: and even their own potential transformation.

despite what we all think,hopefully we'll all discuss it together in a good place when we all pop the mortal coil!