Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

When the evidence is overwhelming

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

#1    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

My apologies if this incident has been discussed already - I admit I haven't checked.
The reason I'm posting isn't so much to discuss this incident but to ask why there is still any doubt about ET craft flying around here on dear lil' Earth when there is such overwhelming and credible evidence to the contrary?...

It is these sightings that have come to convince me that ET do fly around Earth. I.e. When not just sighted but sighted by ground, by pilots and by radar, all together.

The overwhelming evidence I'm talking about comes from incidents like the 1956 Lakenheath radar & visual sightings.
If you're not familiar with this incident, click here.
Keep in mind, here we have several radar operators from at least 2 sites, several pilots and people on the ground, all who are credible witnesses sighting what could not have been man-made or meteorological phenomenon.

By no means is this a unique case either.

If you are still adamant that UFOs in such instances are NOT ET craft please discuss why....

Edited by Paxus, 08 August 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#2    Larving

Larving

Remote Viewer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Because not everyone accept the same standards of evidence.

#3    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

View PostPaxus, on 08 August 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

My apologies if this incident has been discussed already - I admit I haven't checked.
The reason I'm posting isn't so much to discuss this incident but to ask why there is still any doubt about ET craft flying around here on dear lil' Earth when there is such overwhelming and credible evidence to the contrary?...

It is these sightings that have come to convince me that ET do fly around Earth. I.e. When not just sighted but sighted by ground, by pilots and by radar, all together.

The overwhelming evidence I'm talking about comes from incidents like the 1956 Lakenheath radar & visual sightings.
If you're not familiar with this incident, click here.
Keep in mind, here we have several radar operators from at least 2 sites, several pilots and people on the ground, all who are credible witnesses sighting what could not have been man-made or meteorological phenomenon.

By no means is this a unique case either.

If you are still adamant that UFOs in such instances are NOT ET craft please discuss why....

Some people wouldn't believe something very weird is going on simply because they don't want to.
They  would rather to believe  that pilots, cops , military are lying or they're loons.
Clearly craft have been seen  that seem light years ahead of human tech. Looking at the facts would force a call for a honest investigation of ufos that  the government would keep secret.

Edited by ohio state buckeyes, 08 August 2010 - 02:41 PM.

#4    Shayde

Shayde

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

View PostLarving, on 08 August 2010 - 01:30 PM, said:

Because not everyone accept the same standards of evidence.

Precisely.  For some, no matter what evidence is given they'll never believe anything. No matter how good, how much sloid proof offered. For others, no need for evidence, for they'll believe anything and all.

With evidence of unidentifed aircraft, we are a bit stuck. On one hand, any sighting backed up with radar returns, eyewitness testimony, even film of the incident, we can proof most times it is a real terrestial aircraft. Then again, it is with the cases we have evidence that can go either way, and those are the cases that do make us wonder what if...

#5    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,139 posts

• Oops.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

Most sightings of UFO's can be explained.
The problem lies in the instances where they can't be, and then someone immediately latches onto aliens.
They remain UFO.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#6    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 08 August 2010 - 02:16 PM, said:

Most sightings of UFO's can be explained.
The problem lies in the instances where they can't be, and then someone immediately latches onto aliens.
They remain UFO.
I dont think all unexplained sightings are aliens craft. You think all of them aren't ?

#7    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,139 posts

• Oops.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 08 August 2010 - 02:40 PM, said:

I dont think all unexplained sightings are aliens craft. You think all of them aren't ?
I think the remainder are unidentified, and that's all I can say on it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#8    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

So we have 'Because not everyone accept the same standards of evidence.', we have 'they don't want to' and 'most can be explained but the ones that can't are a problem'...

I dunno guys.. they sound like cop-outs, especially the last one which says nothing at all and I suspect is completely incorrect. I'm talking about the ground, air and radar identified sightings which don't appear to be weather or man made craft. To say most of those can be explained is patently false!

I guess I might not like the answer to my own question... that it must just come down to personalities...

I mean surely if people are neutral and objective, when you see scenario after scenario like the 1956 Lakenheath radar & visual sightings, you must start to believe?.... and I don't mean the few that are just closed-minded...

#9    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• 1,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

It'd be cool if aliens really visited earth. But, the evidence doesn't convince me to believe that they are.

#10    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

View PostPaxus, on 08 August 2010 - 01:23 PM, said:

I can just as easily say that this is caused by a currently unknown natural phenomena, a phenomena which has a degree of intelligence, is naturally attracted to electrical objects, has the ability to perform at incredible speeds, take on any shape it wishes, including solid and transparent appearances....the evidence for this is in every credible ufo report that has ever been submitted. It proves nothing though, as does saying it must be ET, and explain why if don't agree.

On a personal note, ET is my preferred option, it's the one I want to be true - Some cases I have read make me seriously consider ET as an option, that is a mixture of gut feeling and wishful thinking though. I have no evidence, and have seen no concrete evidence in any of the cases that have come to light that mean I can rule out all other possibilities.

Just my 2 cents worth....

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,033 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

ITs simple to me,If all but just one event, in all of Time is Alien then the Number is in favor of us not being alone.
It only takes one to Make ET and therefore Not of this Earth. Who cares if Fourty two trillion sightings are weather,Swamp gas,Light beams from the other world,Lochnessy, Or what everr.
One is the Only number you need to know is It!
We cannot prove ,nor can any one prove other wise. So get over all the anger and lack of strength in believing that All things are possible in the Universe.
The Cosmic Glass is really All Full ,not Half Full or Half Empty.
Cant we just Look for whats possible?

Attached Thumbnails

• securedownload-2.jpeg

This is a Work in Progress!

#12    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Here's a YouTube video concerning the Disclosure Project, which has collcted a number of witnesses from the US military and intelligence agnecies over the years on the subject of ET visits.  It mentions the famous case of Dr. Milton Torres who as a young fighter pilot in Britain in 1957 was ordered to scramble and open fire on a UFO, that showed up on radar as the size of an aircraft carrier.  

Torres was also told that it was an alien spacecraft and that he was to shoot it down, but when he got within range of the thing, it sped off and left him standing still.  There are plenty of incidents like these in the records--this is just one among many.

Now, we can say that in all these reports, the witnesses are lying, joking, hoaxing, hallucinating or just misinterpreting some conventional objects, but I don't really buy that--not all of them.  I don't think anyone does after they've read enough of them.  This particular witness sounds highly credible to me and there are declassified documents to back up his story.  

Dr. Edgar Mitchell, an Apollo astronaut who walked on the moon, says that he was briefed at the Pentagon about ET vists to earth, and that some contacts that have been made.  Personally, I don't think he's lying about that. He very likely does have some insider knowledge about these things, given his status as an American hero and space pioneer.  And in the US, these men really are heroes--except for a few cranks who say all the moon landings were fake.  If they say something, then most people are going to believe it.  I do believe Mitchell, who is a witness of the highest credibility and integrity.

And he is not the only astronaut who has said things like this over the years--a number of them have, like Buzz Aldrin and Gordon Cooper.  

Nor do I get particularly upset at the thought that various ETs "discovered" us quite some time ago and are observing developments here.  Maybe some of their ships malfunctioned and crashed, maybe they have made some covert contacts from time to time--it seems plausible enough.  

For whatever reason, though, they haven't chosen to land on the White House lawn and say "Well, here we are!".  They may have very good reasons for not doing that, which we could only guess about.

UFO Disclosure Movement

Edited by mcmchugh99, 08 August 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#13    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

And yes, as a historian, I wish I had the evidence that people like Mitchell have at least heard about--or had verbally confirmed for them by those who did know more of the details about it.

#14    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

By the way, thanks for the replies all ;)
Blacksabbath, have you read many such stories like the example I gave? (Ones where there are several credible witnesses, and the sightings include radar sightings?)
It's people who answer 'Yes' to this question and still doubt it's aliens that have me scratching my head...

Scanner, can you?
Is that the simplest explination? Unkown natural phenomenon?
It sounds to me that you, like me, started out sceptical but after having read enough cases where there are objects clearly under intelligent control, faster and more manouverable than our aircraft that can do(without harming the pilot), caught on radar, seen and often filmed, started to believe it most likely is aliens..

:alien:

#15    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 August 2010 - 04:13 PM, said:

So get over all the anger and lack of strength in believing that All things are possible in the Universe.

Who's angry or lacking in faith? One thing I would say we all share on this section of the board, is an appreciation, in awe of, the space we inhabit. Anybody not blown away by it needs their head rewiring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users