Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Fan Voices

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    antonioooooooo

antonioooooooo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone(particularly at night) hear things? like for example this only happens when my fan is on. I lay in my bed then out of nowhere i hear some of my thoughts at loud and it sounds like its coming from my fan. I can also think of a song or something and i hear it clear as day coming from my fan. It is very weird and sometimes scary because sometimes i hear weird talking or screaming like a someone dying and stuff so i get freaked out. This only happens at night

#2    Dag Green

Dag Green

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

I do hear things but always just as im drifting off to sleep. I think more asleep then awake.
But if your awake then that sounds strange and scary. If it was me the fan would be out in the yard. :-)

#3    Hwysong

Hwysong

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

I hear muffled voices. I don't know what they are saying.   It has been going on for a few years and it is mostly at night, but sometimes in the day.    I also hear music.  It really freaks me out.  I know its not neighbors because I live on 2 acres and they are not in hearing distance. Other people have heard the voices too.  But then there are some people that don't ever hear it.  Makes me wonder if some folks are on a higher plain.  Is it another dimension?  WTF?  I just know that it really freaks me out.

#4    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

antonioooooooo, on 09 August 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this is in the right place but does anyone(particularly at night) hear things? like for example this only happens when my fan is on. I lay in my bed then out of nowhere i hear some of my thoughts at loud and it sounds like its coming from my fan. I can also think of a song or something and i hear it clear as day coming from my fan. It is very weird and sometimes scary because sometimes i hear weird talking or screaming like a someone dying and stuff so i get freaked out. This only happens at night

I posted about this exact same thing. When my fan was on at night it would sound like pumping riffs from a heavy metal track was coming out of my fan. It was quite muffled and I couldn't make out specific words but i could definitely detect changes in rhythm and emohasis on words, though I didn't know what they were. It felt really wierd but when I lifted my head off the pillow, the sound stopped.

I rationalized it and figured that I was hearing this through one ear only and that the air was being blown in such a way that vibrations in my hair were giving the illusion of sound, I guess my mind then interpretted it as metal. Crazy but I don't think it was anything else though other cases are probably different to mine.

I did used to get feelings as a kid of whispering voices and I can remember feeling like people were marching out my window when I was really young. I think they occur most often in the state between being awake and asleep when we are most likely to misinterpret messages as something they are not. Just my two cents.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#5    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,779 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

SlimJim22, on 14 August 2010 - 01:07 PM, said:

I posted about this exact same thing. When my fan was on at night it would sound like pumping riffs from a heavy metal track was coming out of my fan. It was quite muffled and I couldn't make out specific words but i could definitely detect changes in rhythm and emohasis on words, though I didn't know what they were. It felt really wierd but when I lifted my head off the pillow, the sound stopped.

I rationalized it and figured that I was hearing this through one ear only and that the air was being blown in such a way that vibrations in my hair were giving the illusion of sound, I guess my mind then interpretted it as metal. Crazy but I don't think it was anything else though other cases are probably different to mine.

I did used to get feelings as a kid of whispering voices and I can remember feeling like people were marching out my window when I was really young. I think they occur most often in the state between being awake and asleep when we are most likely to misinterpret messages as something they are not. Just my two cents.

Me too..me too..all i heard was "better oil my damn bearings" :lol:

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#6    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

Strange and weird, my room mate thinks my bedroom is a portal to the forties. My 12" x 12" Honeywell fan plays big band music, and speaks in a woman's voice.

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#7    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

This is totally odd.  I heard a scream coming from my fan one night and I got up thinking it was the metal cage loose as it was one of those oscillating fans but, no, the cage was just fine.  Enoonmai, I've been in a place before where it was trapped in a time era and it was totally strange because I could hear a radio but could never find it.

#8    pkripper4

pkripper4

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

My fan keeps speaking too, strange how many people it happens to, and after a fair amount of thinking i have come up with what might be why... Fans are made from souls, that is where the cool breeze comes from! Back to being serious now though... anyone got a scientifical or metaphysical explaination?

"The wind is speaking to me."
"Whats it saying?"
"I dont know, i dont speak wind."

#9    elledee

elledee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

This sounds like something that happend in my husbands family home. The guy that lived next door had a huge radio antenna in his garden to talk to people all over.  Problem was when he was broadcasting the signal was picked up by loads of things in my husband's house. Hearing voices coming out of the vacuum cleaner was particularly creepy. Could something similar be causing the voices on your running fan?

You can knock it,
You can rock it,
You can go to Timbuktu,
But you'll never find a Nessie in the zoo.

www.familyness.co.uk

#10    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,865 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Electrical fans when they are on are always humming a low-pitch noise and you may receive a strange musical sound or spoken conversation out of nowhere :blink: ("Ugh...I'm must be crazy, the voices in my head"). :wacko: The technological advancements like radios (esp. the AM frequency) and your PC on idle mode, are sensitive to receive very low-decibel sounds not normally heard by human ears. That does require scientific investigation and inquiry on how these mechanical devices seemingly act like antenas.

Edited by Archangel Michael, 15 August 2010 - 09:35 PM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#11    Power Lust

Power Lust

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

antonioooooooo, on 09 August 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

The chemical imbalance that causes Schizophrenia occurs not only when people are mentally ill but just before mentally healthy people are about to go to sleep. Its what enables dreaming.

Edited by Power Lust, 15 August 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#12    Pezmo

Pezmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 296 posts

• "I paint for myself. I don't know how to do anything else, anyway. Also I have to earn my living, and occupy myself." - Francis Bacon

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

Yeah I hear music rarely as I go to sleep in my own mind, identical in every way to hearing from a stereo it lasts a couple of seconds as I focus in and end up going WTF?

"Cooper: Go on then Bruce, what scares you?
Bruce: The self-destructive nature of the human condition.
Spoon: You're just taking the piss now."

Quotes from the film Dog Soldiers (Best Werewolf Film I've ever seen, check it out.)

#13    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

My husband can't sleep without the fan on high. I've heard stuff before too. Like choppy voices coming through the fan. But it's not often. But I do hear voices without the fan. Usually it's saying "Rachel!" or "HEY!" I've even heard a little girls laughter before and it always..well usually...happens when I am home a lone. I've also heard whispering. I've just seen and heard things way to much in my life. What ever these disembodied voices are they stalk me. And about the music. When I was little I literally heard music all the time. And there wouldn't be anything on and no one else would hear it. Sometimes I would hear a song and later on in the day turn on the radio and the same song would be on. But that stopped for the most part as I grew older but I still hear it every now and then.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#14    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

Pretty much it's your mind trying to sort out what it's hearing with the "white noise" from the hum of fans and other technology that have it.   It's not a haunting.. you're not hearing things. *chuckles*  It's all good.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#15    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

Psychic Spy

• 1,832 posts

• There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

SilverCougar, on 16 August 2010 - 11:47 PM, said:

Pretty much it's your mind trying to sort out what it's hearing with the "white noise" from the hum of fans and other technology that have it.   It's not a haunting.. you're not hearing things. *chuckles*  It's all good.

If that's the case, why do I hear big band music? I never even think of big band music, not that it's bad music, it's just not my style.

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users