Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crabs provide evidence oil tainting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Andromedan StarSeed

Andromedan StarSeed

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• Technician of the sacred

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

well guy's  heres  bit of the news I have found sadly this is going to effect lot more  in years due to the food chains also  the crabs dose  provide the evidence of oil tainting.

By JOHN FLESHER, AP Environmental Writer John Flesher, Ap Environmental Writer – Mon Aug 9, 5:36 pm ET
BARATARIA, La. – To assess how heavy a blow the BP oil spill has dealt the Gulf of Mexico, researchers are closely watching a staple of the seafood industry and primary indicator of the ecosystem's health: the blue crab.

Weeks ago, before engineers pumped in mud and cement to plug the gusher, scientists began finding specks of oil in crab larvae plucked from waters across the Gulf coast.

The government said last week that three-quarters of the spilled oil has been removed or naturally dissipated from the water. But the crab larvae discovery was an ominous sign that crude had already infiltrated the Gulf's vast food web — and could affect it for years to come.

"It would suggest the oil has reached a position where it can start moving up the food chain instead of just hanging in the water," said Bob Thomas, a biologist at Loyola University in New Orleans. "Something likely will eat those oiled larvae ... and then that animal will be eaten by something bigger and so on."

more to this story is  here!

http://news.yahoo.co...pill_blue_crabs

Edited by Andromedan StarSeed, 10 August 2010 - 08:13 AM.

I channel in order to dream, Inspiring intuition.
I seal the input of abundance, With the resonant tone of attunement.
I am guided by the power of vision.

#2    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

This is really sad its going to take years for nature to repair the damage caused by this spill......I really do not think we even know how much damage has been done really and over the next few years we are going to be shocked as it becomes more clear...

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users