Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sighting: Pine Woods Cemetery Troy NY.

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#16    riotkittie

riotkittie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• tastes like chicken

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (OreoSuicide @ Jul 20 2004, 08:26 AM)
I think you may have hit on an interesting point here. Could this be the reason why some spirits apparantly cause disturbances?

From what I've read (and I hate having to fall back on what I've read, rather than what I know, but I've nothing in the way of firsthand knowledge here), yes, a lot of times, that seems to be the case... especially in homes. Mediums and Psychics convey that the spirit they've contacted in such cases are miffed because someone/someones has/have "invaded" its space, and they do the things they do in a bid to run them off.

#17    doomgirl

doomgirl

Government Agent

• 3,323 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:10 AM

in the second pic, it looks like something is hanging out of the tree and grabbing onto a branch

Spaceflight News - UM's Sister Site - Join Us

It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'
Do I look like a freakin' people person?
All Things Wrestling Forum
Arts, Crafts N Gardens Forum

Computer Support Forum
Amby's Forum
Panda.org - WWF
Posted Image

#18    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for the post and the pics.   wink2.gif

Clearly they do show orbs but as far as them being spirits, I'm not convinced, sorry. When in the open air, there are a number of natural explanations to rule out prior to considering if the orbs are paranormal - for example, is there any moisture in the air or rain, were the trees shedding any small particles of dust/dirt/bark etc, and of course there's wind-bourne particles.

Plus, some of the orbs are clearly diamond-shaped, which suggests that the camera you used is translating the light source into something else because of its lens. There was a similar camcorder recording which the owner said showed a diamond-shaped Ufo, but there was a lens problem which caused it.

That said, there would have to be a light source of some kind there to begin with. So I don't know what the light is reflecting from, but it's probably not diamond-shaped.  dontgetit.gif

As for graveyards being more haunted than other places - spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based so they might follow the person into the grounds but are less likely to be based there. Ghosts tend to be echoes of former events, so would be unlikely to be seen in graveyards, rather they would be seen where the event happened.

As for spirits not being 'bright' enough to leave - hmmm - spirits are limited only by their own belief and their level of advancement, not usually by being thick.

thumbsup.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#19    riotkittie

riotkittie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• tastes like chicken

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ Jul 20 2004, 10:36 AM)

As for graveyards being more haunted than other places - spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based so they might follow the person into the grounds but are less likely to be based there...

As for spirits not being 'bright' enough to leave - hmmm - spirits are limited only by their own belief and their level of advancement, not usually by being thick.

Do you _know_ spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based, or is it a theory on your part? Even if you can back it up as being fact, I feel that there are exceptions to every rule... save for the one that states "if riot so much as *thinks* about that cheesecake, her hips are going to expand" blink.gif

It seems to me that if these spirits are more often people-based, and simply tagging along for the cemetery trips, that those who notice them in graveyards (through photos, videos, evps, readings, psychic ability, etc etc) would likely notice them elsewhere, like in their homes. Perhaps a number of these spirits are "free agents", attached to neither set people or locales and simply doing what they will.

In regards to the last bit, I said *some* spirits weren't so bright, not all... and IMO, a low level of advancement can be labeled thickness.

#20    whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (doomgirl @ Jul 20 2004, 10:10 AM)
in the second pic, it looks like something is hanging out of the tree and grabbing onto a branch

yah it could be a lot of things.  if you look at it alot

and loon boy, you are wrong, theres was absolutely no source of light. i know i am not a professional ghost hunter or anything but for me those pictures are pretty strong proof.  i wasnt trying to convince people, more than just share my experiences.  i think if you were with me you might feel differently.  the orginal pictures are all black .  showing almost nothing... they had to be lightened up. in order to see anything. i have the originals if your interested.

Edited by whitegreyhat, 20 July 2004 - 11:37 PM.

Misdirection:   What the eyes see and the ears hear; the mind believes.

#21    wardrich

wardrich

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 05:31 AM

whitegreyhat: I don't see a thing atop the trees...

whoever inquired about the woman by the orb... tis a small head in the top of the tree... about the middle of the width near the top.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  whoa.jpg   0bytes   15 downloads

#22    whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 06:47 PM

Wardrich, thats what i was speaking about , the woman next to the orb. the tree pic thing is the last one posted, i have no idea what it is , if anything!

Edited by whitegreyhat, 21 July 2004 - 06:47 PM.

Misdirection:   What the eyes see and the ears hear; the mind believes.

#23    wardrich

wardrich

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:16 PM

I didn't see anything... I looked at it a few times.  Just looks like a bunch of trees

-Richard-

#24    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

and loon boy, you are wrong, theres was absolutely no source of light. i know i am not a professional ghost hunter or anything but for me those pictures are pretty strong proof. i wasnt trying to convince people, more than just share my experiences. i think if you were with me you might feel differently. the orginal pictures are all black . showing almost nothing... they had to be lightened up. in order to see anything. i have the originals if your interested.

If there was no source of light, then there would not be an image on your photo. The orb would be the source of light. If the pictures were black and you had to light blast them, then maybe the technique you used made a lot more of them than was originally present.

I'm still not convinced by orbs despite capturing them myself on camera.

I'm glad you shared your experience, and I'm not saying that you are wrong (that would be rude) but more that I have a different take on it.

Do you _know_ spirits tend to be people-based rather than location based, or is it a theory on your part?

I have had spiritual experiences and I know a lot of people who are very developed in mediumship and spiritualism and they are all of the same mind. Spirits are free agents if they understand how it works. If they don't, they're more likely to fall foul of thinking they are 'stuck' in a location.
Naturally I can't prove what I've just said, but it has been my experience and that of my associates/friends.

Believe what you will, it's your option. I was just sharing my own opinion.  original.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#25    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:50 PM

There's nothing paranormal in Albany, or troy..

Except maybe the mysterious drug dealers in arbor hill..  laugh.gif

On a serious note.. I'll have to check this out.. and bring much better video equiptment.

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 21 July 2004 - 08:54 PM.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#26    riotkittie

riotkittie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• tastes like chicken

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ Jul 21 2004, 09:36 PM)
I have had spiritual experiences and I know a lot of people who are very developed in mediumship and spiritualism and they are all of the same mind. Spirits are free agents if they understand how it works. If they don't, they're more likely to fall foul of thinking they are 'stuck' in a location. Naturally I can't prove what I've just said, but it has been my experience and that of my associates/friends.

I hope I didn't come across as snarky in my last post, as that wasn't my intent. I, too, have had spiritual experiences (or experiences I believe were spiritual), and know a number of people who possess (or claim to possess) powers and gifts beyond the norm. Some of them are clearly crackpots, others are -in my eyes- legit... but it seems the majority of us agree that if we know anything, it's that we _know_ nothing at all. It's always interesting to hear others' experiences, their beliefs and the tales of the paths they took to reach them... gives me food for thought, so I tend to ask.  

#27    riotkittie

riotkittie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• tastes like chicken

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (hunterkiller2001 @ Jul 21 2004, 09:50 PM)
There's nothing paranormal in Albany, or troy..

While it isn't paranormal, Hillary Clinton *has* been sighted in the area. If that doesn't creep hunterkiller out and make his skin crawl, I'd love having him along on hunts as he's clearly not one who spooks easily laugh.gif

whitegreyhat >> how tall was the tree in the first pic you posted, would you be able to find it again if you went in during the day, and if so, have you gone back to check it out while it's still light? It strikes me as quite cartoonish when I blow it up, and I'm wondering if the head could be spraypaint or something?

#28    wardrich

wardrich

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Loonboy @ Jul 21 2004, 09:36 PM)
and loon boy, you are wrong, theres was absolutely no source of light. i know i am not a professional ghost hunter or anything but for me those pictures are pretty strong proof. i wasnt trying to convince people, more than just share my experiences. i think if you were with me you might feel differently. the orginal pictures are all black . showing almost nothing... they had to be lightened up. in order to see anything. i have the originals if your interested.

If there was no source of light, then there would not be an image on your photo. The orb would be the source of light. If the pictures were black and you had to light blast them, then maybe the technique you used made a lot more of them than was originally present.

I'm still not convinced by orbs despite capturing them myself on camera.

I'm glad you shared your experience, and I'm not saying that you are wrong (that would be rude) but more that I have a different take on it.

If you have a REALLY good camera with amazing ISO settings, you may not need a flash.  I can take really nice pictures in dark rooms w/o a flash using my Canon Powershot A75.  I'm sure they used the flash on that photo, but this is just a suggestion...

-Richard-

#29    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:15 AM

While it isn't paranormal, Hillary Clinton *has* been sighted in the area. If that doesn't creep hunterkiller out and make his skin crawl, I'd love having him along on hunts as he's clearly not one who spooks easily

Actually, that was a bit of poorly displayed sarcasm on my part..

The thing with me..  if you havn't read my other posts..   I'll bring enough weapons to supply a small army..  original.gif

I don't spook easy... sometimes i do.. depends on the situation (and how much i've been drinking)

I already asked my GF if she wanted to head up there.. she denied the invitation.. she spooks easily.

If you get written permission to go.. I may tag along.. (yes, i'll leave the guns at home)  But only if you have written permission..  My record's clean.. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Got a few high quality digital cameras, and a few 35mm..

Can probably get a high quality Gen III night vision cam, if i ask nice enough.

edit: the pics from Pine woods aren't showing up.. can you repost them, or e-mail them to me?

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 22 July 2004 - 07:17 AM.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#30    wardrich

wardrich

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

odd... they were up earlier today.  Is there some sort of a timer on the pics that destroyes them after so much time?  Or are these forums nutorious of glitching?

-Richard-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users