Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Spirits Calling Your Name

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1    Toolite

Toolite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

From time to time I will hear a spirit call my name... has anyone had this experience and do you know why they do that...

I've been told many times not to answer but, I was just looking for someone that has a resonable explanation as to why that happens..

All The Glory BElongs To God Forever!

#2    Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

• The meaning of life is the miracle of living, its the gift of being alive...

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

I have heard my name being called when there is no one else around, but it ALWAYS happens as I am falling off to sleep, so I put it down to hypnagogia and forget about it lol.

#3    Toolite

Toolite

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

View PostMoonlight_Magic, on 13 August 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

I have heard my name being called when there is no one else around, but it ALWAYS happens as I am falling off to sleep, so I put it down to hypnagogia and forget about it lol.

I still want to know why they do it..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

#4    Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

If its a case of hypnagogia it's not caused by spirits but by the human brain. Its a sort of waking dream...you are not fully asleep but still partially dreaming.

I have had all sorts of experiences as a result of hypnagogia including hearing my name being called out, hearing my mothers voice (just after she died) say 'Goodbye my darling', hearing other people talking in the room when I am alone and one night even waking up to what felt like a slap across the face lol.

The slap certainly felt very real as my face was still stinging as I woke but as I was alone in the room and sleeping at the time I assumed I had either slapped myself or I had dreamed it lol.

I just rolled over and went back to sleep lol.

Another similar instance would be when I was lying in bed awake and alone and felt someone blowing on top of my head. I looked up but there was no one there. As I can sometimes have a tendency to actually start dreaming before I'm fully asleep (complex dreams not just odd things like someone calling me) and I am usually aware that I am dreaming when it occurs, I just put it down to the fact that I must have started falling asleep without realising it.  

I take medication at night and that can affect things too.

#5    Moonlight_Magic

Moonlight_Magic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

Repeat post made by mistake...

(moody pc this afternoon lol)

Edited by Moonlight_Magic, 13 August 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#6    Black Hound

Black Hound

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

It's happened to me at various times, various places, in and out of the house. The calling is vey clear, always female, sometimes using my full names, other times just my "every day name", times happy, times stern, Always varies how close or how far away it comes from. If it ever starts wakin' me up, tellin' me it's time to get up and go to work, I am moving, though I doubt I can move awaay fro it.

#7    NJ Weirdo

NJ Weirdo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• Keep an open mind

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

There was one time when i was younger and heard my something say my name in my parents room. it was night time (so the room was pitch black) and everyone was downstairs. i went to the bathroom, walked by and heard something say my name in a very deep voice. i was kind of frozen for a second, then ran downstairs.

i wrote a story about it later in school and had to share it with the class. the teacher called my mom, and the school counselor had to talk to me about it  <_<

Edited by NJ Weirdo, 13 August 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#8    AlucardXX

AlucardXX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

This happened to me once, I went outside to grab a smoke and a female voice called out my name, I said "what" and then she said it again, I said "WHAT!" but no one was there.  As I made my way back inside I noticed my dog had come out of his dog house, I called him over but he wouldn't come, he kept looking at the lower left side of my body and seemed scared, he would not get near me, I looked down to check if something was there (around me) and saw nothing, I got a little scared and went back inside.  I have also heard that you're not supposed to answer, don't really know what it means or who or what its actually talking to you, maybe it was that you were doing something bad at the time, can't really think of anything else.

#9    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

I hear either my name being called or "HEY!" all the time when I am by myself or when no one else is around to say anything. Even when the Tvs are off. It's a Disembodied Voice (lol) ;) . Mediums run in the women on my mother's side of the family so I wouldn't doubt it if it was a spirit trying to get my attention.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#10    Frontier

Frontier

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• "And so, Hercules slew King Detritus, establishing him as a god!"

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

I once thought I heard a demonic voice calling my name, but it was during a short period of consciousness after I had been asleep. So I attribute it to just something sleep-related.

Posted Image

#11    _Only

_Only

• 6,666 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

I have heard auditory hallucinations after missing a lot of sleep. But those voices were in my head, and not outside noise. If you can understand the difference between the two. Did you hear the voice "in your head", or was it an outside noise? A good way to tell what I mean is, say your name in your head then say it out loud.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#12    Amariel

Amariel

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak - sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:55 AM

My sister and I quite often hear a male voice (that sounds uncannily like our dad's) in our house calling our names. I have only ever heard my name called, but my sister says she has heard both of our names and more often than not it's my name being called (she finds this especially weird when neither my dad nor I are home). I have never had it happen to me when I've been asleep or am about to go to sleep; I am always wide awake and we hear the voice at various times of the day or evening. If this wasn't the case, I would put it down to being sleep-related. We have also tried to debunk it as being TV or radio noise, or sounds carrying in off the street, but quite often we can find nothing to explain the voice.

I've also heard that you aren't supposed to answer a disembodied voice, but the amount of times I've called out 'what?' because I thought it actually was my dad kinda makes me think that nothing bad is going to happen.

If you're from Australia and are looking for some great things to do on the weekend, check out the WeekendNotes website, or better yet, if you're from Victoria check out my own articles (here is my most recent - http://www.weekendno...tle-urban-cafe/). Happy reading!!

#13    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

I used to hear the name "Debbie" in my head all the time.

I dunno.

#14    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 14 August 2010 - 09:09 PM, said:

I have heard auditory hallucinations after missing a lot of sleep. But those voices were in my head, and not outside noise. If you can understand the difference between the two. Did you hear the voice "in your head", or was it an outside noise? A good way to tell what I mean is, say your name in your head then say it out loud.

Good call.
Thats also common in schizophrenia as well. Who knows if theyre suffering from it or not.

the truth is out there....

#15    GlamGirl

GlamGirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

I have heard a voice in my home during the day when I was alone say my name twice, my sister has also heard her name said once also in the day time, it was not like we were sleeping I mean I went to go and see who was in the house ofcourse nobody was home. One night I was on the backporch while my dog was out in the yard and I heard pssst psst come here it freaked me out and I was alone in a fenced inyard I have no explination for where that voice came from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users