Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Ouija Boards

• Please log in to reply
1007 replies to this topic

#16    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 21 July 2001 - 11:43 PM

Odin,

The only thing you have to be truly concerned about when 'using, playing with, manipulating' a Ouija board is your state of mind. Many 'spiritualists' contend that it is a tool to be used when communicating with the dead, but its just a lot of malarky. The reason I say this is because the only 'proof' to me of the reliability and authenticity of the Ouija board would be if all the participants were to be blindfolded (which means you would need someone to act as a 'reader', but then again with everyone else blindfolded, you would pretty much be putting your faith in that persons trustworthyness, wouldn't you?)tongue.gif and the pointer located at a random position on the board at the beginning of the session. If you could then make any sense at all of the communication between you and the spirits, there might be some credibility to anyone's claims. Until then, its just an entertaining toy. It has become such a joke in the last 20 years or so that 'spiritualists' now dispense with the board and prefer to 'communicate' directly with the 'spirits' (John Edwards, et.al.) Imagine it being as useful as a crystal ball, reading tea leaves or tarot cards. If you allow yourself to be put in a situation that stimulates your imagination and distorts your perception of reality, strange 'unusual' things will definetly happen.

I'm not familiar at all with the types of stores you have in your country, but you should beable to find a Ouija board at any large scale department store in the toy section by other games like 'Risk', 'Monopoly', etc. If not, you can purchase it on the internet at places like amazon.com & toysrus.com.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#17    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 22 July 2001 - 12:00 PM

So you are saying that it is just a toy? Why are there so many people that claim that they had an encounter with "ghosts" when they used the board? Or are they all liers, or people with a twisted mind? I don't know if i have to believe those stories, but there are so many. Is there an other way to communicAte with ghosts, that is reliable, i am not going to do it, because i think you should leave them alone, if it is possible. I saw on the whole internet only one Dutch ghost story, and five UFO encounters. And there are no ghost houses that I know of, we have many old houses and also castles, al the big cities have an old center. I someone could tell me where a haunted place is, I would viste it, if such a site is in germany or belgium, ok, I can go there to, but to Australia, USA or England is no option. Sometimes I here knocking in the wood of the house, but why should that be a ghost!

Odin Supreme, the curious one 8)

#18    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 22 July 2001 - 01:00 PM

Wait, now I remember something, about five years ago I was on the attic of our hous, we live in a hous that's only 14 years old and before there where houses it was a field wih cows. I was buzzy with the computer. I heard someone coming up the stairs. The stairs where behind me, so I couldn't see them. I tought that it wa my brother, he liked to scare me. I looked behind me, but there was nobody! I played further on the computer. Then I heard I agian, the stairs make a noise when you wal over them, and I looked agian, but there wa nobody. I was scared, I didn't knew what to do. I stayed on the attic and waited for the noise, it came again. I was shaking, I walked over to the stairs and watched again. There was nobody! I was so frightened that I called my mum, she ws downstairs. I told her that I was to scared to go down and she came up, together we walked down. I am now also on the attic, but I have never heard the sound again, even when there is a storm, I can't hear it...

If anyone believes me, you believe the truth. But I still think that it was no ghost, it had to be something else, maybe an animal, a mouse or something, however, the attic was/is very clean (I sleep there).

Odin Supreme 8)

#19    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 22 July 2001 - 01:06 PM

hous+e wa+s, find the wrong words! ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

#20    Crow

Crow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 02:32 AM

..... I found this thread whilst trawling through all the old posts ..... tis late, have insomnia, what's a girl to do? tongue.gif anyway, just wondered if anyone else had anything else to add to this subject, particulary the old mazehouse peeps......curious to hear your opinions and/or experiences etc original.gif

Stay spooky, Crow x

#21    Paralda

Paralda

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2002 - 12:55 PM

I have never used a Ouija board, but here's a little something that is basically the same.
A couple of year's ago I started my tuition to become a psychic medium. To begin with it felt as if I was wasting my time and could not see where I was going wrong. I was sticking to what I had been taught, doing the meditation, putting protection in place, grounding excess energy, closing down  etc. I was getting nowhere so I threw caution to the wind and went at it like a bull at a gate. I became more relaxed and started getting results, it was great, I was finally doing it. Truth of the matter was, with not been cautious I had not closed down properly and was walking about atracting every spirit who became aware of me. I remember at the time my tutor telling me I was like a walking Ouija board. The explination I got was simple, I had no protection against, or control over who/when spirit came throught. This results in burnout because your mind is consciously working 24/7, fortunatelly it was caught in time. Looking back I can see why a Ouija board is often refered to as a tool. It help's focus the combined mind's of the people who are using it in order to open a doorway to another plain. You cannot control who comes through and seldom close the door after use. The spirit's who wait for these opportunities are usually bad. Althought they give you good credible information to win your trust, I was told, "this is there way of ensuring that doorway will remain open and therefor allow more of these spirit's through".

#22    dean-g

dean-g

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:02 PM

i've never used a ouija board, but some friends have, in one instance while using the board the glass they were using suddenly became very hot, it then spelt out "ugly man" and the glass flew off the board and hit someone's head. my friend said they panicked and ran off.
another instance involved a girl i once knew, she and some friends were using the board but after a while nothing appeared to be happening, so they got bored and left it, everyone was in good spirits and the atmosphere was friendly, then the girl i'm speaking of went to the tiolet, when she saw her image in the mirror she started to scream hysterically, claiming the face she saw wasn't hers. it took a couple of hours for her to calm down.

look behind you!!.........BOO!

#23    crosis

crosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:41 PM

Imagine the scene,

10x 15year old kids (me being one of them)get together at a friends house on halloween,add one home made ouija board,2 hours of ghosts stories and my mates mum (who dose'nt seem to know right from wrong)rattling the attic door,and wot do you get.

some very deep mental scarring and a deep desire to stay the hell away from ouija boards at all cost.
:'( ;D

Bristol society for paranormal research and investigations      Click here

#24    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 01:19 PM

[blue]I like your friend's mom![/blue]
;D

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#25    Paraportal

Paraportal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 11:36 PM

I've got a Ouija board, but before I even touched one I learnt as much as I could about it, and how powerful they are so that if something started, I knew how to safely end it.

One such example happened about a fortnight ago. Me and my mother had set up the board and had put or fingers on the planchette. After about 10 minutes the planchette started to jiggle slightly. Slowly it started to move. It moved to just 3 letters before I closed the board. Those 3 letters were:

F R G.

FRG. What word do they sould like? I'll let you decide. (Mainly because I cannot spell it wink2.gif)

#26    Paraportal

Paraportal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 11:37 PM

One more thing, Odin. You asked where you could get a Ouija board from. Your best bet is to go onto eBay.com and win an auction that's selling one. That's how I got mine.

#27    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 30 January 2002 - 11:46 PM

A few years ago I was staying at a friend's house and we were roleplaying at the time.(must have been about 9 of us in total) we all became tired of rpg as had been at it all day so J my friend(who practices the darker side of magick) decided that he would try something out and so produced a Ouija board, the rest agreed. I declined as something (lets call it my intuition) warned me against it so I sat outside the circle shivering, J then started to use the board to call up something.
They never got a full name just Jacob and as far as I could see he was nasty, J was the one he seemed to like as whenever I looked at him I could see like a black cloud over his head. The end result of this was that 'Jacob' had been killed for raping three woman and he was making all sorts of threats thru j and the board. I can remember going over to them most of them were very scared so I picked up the glass and smashed it, the atmosphere then became less oppresive and more relaxed, it was shortly after that his father came home so we didn't have time to discuss it. J is now very heavily into Satanic practices, when I did ask him if he wanted to 'bad one' he replied that he was pleased that it had turned out that way.
I have used a board since and had no problems with it, but I do feel a little sad because of the way my now ex best friend abused it. :-/

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

#28    Sheff_Pud

Sheff_Pud

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 11:46 PM

When I was 10-11 we made a ouija board from letters and numbers {my sisters and I).
The spirit said that it was Peggy, a deceased family dog. It correctly Identified the nephew of my sisters friend, both of whom were unknown to us, and with my sister off the board, for good measure.
When asked for a message we got our next door neighbour's name and address then garbage. At this point we ended the "game".
We used the board during Christmas week and in the first week of January the old man next door (a family friend) died. It was very sudden as he was only, apparently, suffering from a cold.
I have used ouija boards since but with no such obvious result.

Surgeons must be very carefulWhen they take the knife!Underneath their fine incisionsStirs the Culprit -- Life!                            (Emily Dickinson)

#29    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 05 February 2002 - 09:01 PM

When i was about 13 i used a board twice with my sister and two friends. The first time absolutely nothing happened at all and the second time i got a large ball of string and attached it to all the cupboards before hand so that a few minutes in, i yanked the string causing all the doors to fling open and scaring the sh*t out of everyone else  ;D

Nothing else happened though and i have always thought that ouija boards don't work since...

never take me too seriously

#30    Ghostboo

Ghostboo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 February 2002 - 06:37 PM

my mom's ouija board experiences are pretty wierd.one time my mom and her friends were playing with it and it said not to play with it on the dining room table.they did,so the legs of the table fell off.then they played with it on the floor of the dining room(considering that the spirits broke the table)and the door of the china closet fell off.then they played with it in her room.and that's when things got to the wierdest piont.they played with it in her room and then this happened:the lights went out,the outletts sparked,and on the foot of the bed,one of her friends saw a shining ghost!just then my grandfather ran in and said that the power had gone out.but that couldn't have been because the hall light was on.....

I'm bored all the time and that is why I'm....bored.

-Ghostboo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users