Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Ancient Alien Lie

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#16    DurgaMata

DurgaMata

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

View PostMinister Fortson, on 17 August 2010 - 12:36 PM, said:

Far from it. The Book of Enoch is about a prophet from the Bible and he specifically describes angels and God. The people trying to make it out as aliens have no basis for the claim. That was my point in the post. People like Michael Heiser that have dedicated years to studying the subject can tear the theory to shreds in the Hebrew and Greek languages. He even went as far as to submit a visual depiction of Ezekiel's wheels and they cut that out of the show too. Its not a space craft as they were trying to push. Its the throne of God.

I would like to know what he says about the Book of Enoch, has he written any books himself on the subject?

#17    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

And then it all could be Government disinformation !
Like the SwampgasbigfootlochnessmonsterAliens! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#18    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 17 August 2010 - 03:55 PM, said:

And then it all could be Government disinformation !
Like the SwampgasbigfootlochnessmonsterAliens! :innocent:

Everything could be government disinformation, including Don't Eat Us!!!!

#19    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

View Postmcmchugh99, on 17 August 2010 - 06:40 PM, said:

Everything could be government disinformation, including Don't Eat Us!!!!
Even you !

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#20    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 17 August 2010 - 07:35 PM, said:

Even you !

I was going to say that but he is filtering my posts and those of many others who challenge his assertions.  It is rather like arguing with a 4 year old.

#21    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 17 August 2010 - 07:35 PM, said:

Even you !

I think of myself as being part of the Un-cover up team, in my own way.

#22    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

View Postmcmchugh99, on 17 August 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

I think of myself as being part of the Un-cover up team, in my own way.

Are you an only child by some chance?

#23    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 16 August 2010 - 05:55 PM, said:

Most of these people may appear condescending to you, however many of them spend their lives researching and working and learning to be called fools and liars by people who've watched a special on Youtube.
I don't really care how much money and time they have spent learning a load of b******s to be honest.

#24    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

View PostScouser, on 18 August 2010 - 02:41 PM, said:

I don't really care how much money and time they have spent learning a load of b******s to be honest.
Yes, well, comparing actual work in learning something in comparison to watching youtube or the History channel, or bad websites, I'm more likely to listen to their weigh ins than yours.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#25    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 18 August 2010 - 03:07 PM, said:

Yes, well, comparing actual work in learning something in comparison to watching youtube or the History channel, or bad websites, I'm more likely to listen to their weigh ins than yours.
I don't care who you choose to listen to.

I for one don't need some geek who has a special peice of paper telling me what something says or what something is just because he has been to a special school, when i can read and see perfectly fine all by myself.

To think, most of these people have never really lived in the real world, they spend most of their lives reading books.  That can't bee good for your brain.

#26    mcmchugh99

mcmchugh99

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostScouser, on 18 August 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

I for one don't need some geek who has a special peice of paper telling me what something says or what something is just because he has been to a special school, when i can read and see perfectly fine all by myself.

To think, most of these people have never really lived in the real world, they spend most of their lives reading books.  That can't bee good for your brain.

Yes, you can read about history at your leisure, but only because someone has to do a lot of research and writing over many years to produce the books.  It's not easy, believe me.

I'm not saying that the "ancient astronaut" stories are true.  In fact, I've never met a real historian who believed that they were, but then again, we have all these giant megalithic structures from the past that still inspire us with awe.  I've seen some of them.  These ancient peoples went to a lot of trouble and effort to create replicas of the solar system and even the whole Milky Way galaxy in stone.

There's an entire valley in Peru, the Scared Valley of the Incas, in which every village and structure was based on a model of teh Milky Way.  I know because I've seen it myself, and have often wondered just why they would do that.  Certainly they always claimed to have had contact with some kind of beings from the stars.  All the native peoples of the Americas claim that, as do the aborigines of Australia and ancient peoples of China, Korea and Japan.  

This is historical fact and is well documented, not just a product of modern science fiction.  Can we prove it scientifically?  No, of course not, but we have documented the fact that THEY all believed it.

Edited by mcmchugh99, 18 August 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#27    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

View PostMinister Fortson, on 17 August 2010 - 12:36 PM, said:

Far from it. The Book of Enoch is about a prophet from the Bible and he specifically describes angels and God. The people trying to make it out as aliens have no basis for the claim.
b******s!

So, who do you think this God and his angels where then?

A big giant human in the sky with a long beard who lives in a cloud?

Like it or not, the whole bible is a story about some aliens who came down from the skies and made us Humans in their own image.

Wether it is a true story or not?  **** knows.  But i don't think the ancients would make up whole religions out of nothing.

Edited by Scouser, 18 August 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#28    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

View Postmcmchugh99, on 18 August 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

This is historical fact and is well documented, not just a product of modern science fiction.  Can we prove it scientifically?  No, of course not, but we have documented the fact that THEY all believed it.
You see that's what i don't get.  

It's all there written down in a lot of different cultures around the world.  It's always the same story, that some beings came down from the stars and gave them knowledge.  But scientists just brush it all off and try to tell us that they were all living in a big fantasy world and none of it is true.  Yet at the same time they are trying to tell us that those were the people that built all thes massive structures and cities that still survive today! :lol:

Alot of what science says doesn't make sense.

Edited by Scouser, 18 August 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#29    Minister Fortson

Minister Fortson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

View PostScouser, on 18 August 2010 - 03:18 PM, said:

You can read Hebrew, Greek, Phonecian, etc? Good for you. There are a lot of people that can't so they bring in language experts or in the HC case, they sensor everything they say when it doesn't agree with their false interpretation.

Exploring UFOs, aliens, angels, demons, and other supernatural phenomena.
www.MinisterFortson.com
The Ancient Alien Deception
The Omega Hour is on every Thursday night 8pm - 10pm PST
Author: As The Days of Noah Were: The Sons of God and The Coming Apocalypse

#30    Scouser

Scouser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

View PostMinister Fortson, on 18 August 2010 - 04:54 PM, said:

You can read Hebrew, Greek, Phonecian, etc? Good for you. There are a lot of people that can't so they bring in language experts or in the HC case, they sensor everything they say when it doesn't agree with their false interpretation.
No, but i can read English translations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users