Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The dragon in the loch

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Timothy O'Donnell</strong>
Image credit: Timothy O'Donnell
William B Stoecker: People have always believed in and often reported seeing strange creatures unknown to zoologists. Today, such unknown animals, like the Yeti or Sasquatch are called “cryptids,” meaning simply that they are hidden or little understood, if they exist at all. Although new types of animals and plants are discovered all the time, usually the animals are insects or other small creatures, but sometimes, as with the discovery of a new species of ungulate in northern Vietnam a few years ago, they are quite large. And new species are discovered fairly regularly in the oceans, which average about three miles in depth and cover very roughly three quarters of our planet. Even large and previously unknown varieties of shark and squid are found from time to time. And then of course there are so called sea serpents, like the famous New England sea serpent of the nineteenth century, seen by dozens of supposedly reputable witnesses. The sea serpents as reported sometimes resemble giant eels or actual snakes; others reportedly resemble presumably extinct marine reptiles, most notably the long-necked varieties of plesiosaurs.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

nessi cannot be an air breather, it would have to surface to many times to not be seen regular.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#3    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

For a brief moment, a cold shiver went up my spine, and I thought Draconic Chronicler had arisen once again.

#4    village_idiot

village_idiot

Sea Shepherd Conservation Society Land Volunteer

• 2,271 posts

• "Are you willing to risk your life to save whales?"
    -Captain Paul Watson

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Nessie a dragon-like creature? Meh...I'm more inclined to buy the plesiosaur angle before that....

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

View Postvillage_idiot, on 20 August 2010 - 07:15 PM, said:

Nessie a dragon-like creature? Meh...I'm more inclined to buy the plesiosaur angle before that....
a plebiosaur is a dragon.  it has 4 wings and a long neck and a long tail, it just doesnt fly.  but imagine if it breached like a whale what would it look like it was doing.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#6    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

For those of us who have become convinced that intelligent design, not Darwinism, explains evolution it seems at least remotely possible that, for mysterious reasons, the Supreme Being sometimes modifies existing life forms to create new species that fail to survive beyond a generation or so, and keeps doing it over and over

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#7    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

I like how the whole thing turned into the possibility of there being dragons.  :blink:
But for the most part it was okay.

#8    xanthurion

xanthurion

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

man i always thought nessie was a plesiosaur but when you think of it like that it makes no sense. i can go with dragon though. way cooler than a plesiosaur.

#9    TrueDragons

TrueDragons

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• the plural of anecdote is not evidence

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostBaneSilvermoon, on 20 August 2010 - 09:27 PM, said:

That is pretty disturbing

#10    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

a plesiosaur or dragon would probable need to lay thier eggs on land.

#11    Belial

Belial

Love me grub i do.

• 4,430 posts

• We all want to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get their.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Most sea/water creatures are live birthers.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostBelial, on 09 January 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

Most sea/water creatures are live birthers.
except reptiles.  and remember the swimmers and fliers are not dinos.  just large reptiles.

i think the only live birthers in the reptiles are snakes, with a few exceptions.

Edited by danielost, 09 January 2011 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users