Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

where did the "sumerians" come from?

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 02 August 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

The issue with Native Americans is an interesting question and probably not something I am fully equipped to answer. However, to hazard a guess (help me out here, cormac) I'd have to say it's due more to their own genetic mixture. Native Americans journeying across the Bering Straight thousands of years ago were a different race from Europeans, having come from ancient Asian populations. And to this day most Asians have brownish-colored skin. The first Europeans, on the other hand, came from a more "Middle Eastern" ethnicity, and to this day many Middle Easterners can be rather light skinned.

But the idea of living in caves is no longer accepted, docy. Extensive acrhcaeological excavations in Europe have found sites of Paleolithic inhabitations largely in river valleys and other sheltered locations (including alongside large rock overhangs), but to this day there is no demonstrable evidence that Paleolithic peoples of Europe lived in caves.
I seem to remember something about caves being regarded as having ceremonial use more than actual living spaces.

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 August 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Ever see the movie Nell how to two different  languages can make up a whole new language.
That's a movie, and in movies sometimes they do fiction.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#242    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,653 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 03 August 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Ever see the movie Nell how to two different  languages can make up a whole new language.

Yes, good movie. Jodie Foster nailed it. What does that have to do with this discussion?

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#243    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 03 August 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Yes, good movie. Jodie Foster nailed it. What does that have to do with this discussion?
Well, y'know, movies are truth. I mean, you've seen the documentary Stargate and Godzilla, right?
I mean, Godzilla is the reason insurance is so high in Japan, yeah?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#244    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,653 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 03 August 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Well, y'know, movies are truth. I mean, you've seen the documentary Stargate and Godzilla, right?
I mean, Godzilla is the reason insurance is so high in Japan, yeah?

:w00t:

That explains insurance. But watch your step, mister. Don't you dare suggest that Stargate isn't real!

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users