Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush: U.S. probes possible Iran links to 9/11

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

The Number 1 super-power is China. China has the worlds largest army with over 2.5million serving soldiers, it also has the worlds largest air-force.

i think its a bit more complicated than army size
economy is a big part of it too, otherwise North Korea would be some kind of a global superpower..
and remember numbers mean didly, its all about technology

#17    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

If it was that simple shouldn't Iraq be a lovely peaceful place by now?

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#18    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:50 AM

China currently employs way over 16,000 Tanks. There is no way in hell, that NATO, can match that superiority in numbers.

I would take numbers anyday. Technologically, China is almost on par with the USA. If China wanted they could stomp all over the world. The only thing stopping them however, is nukes. And yes China does have the capability to wipe the USA off the face of the earth 3 times over. Whats stopping NKorea? China is holding their leash thats what. It would be economically viable for NK to invade the north...the more land they could grab the better. Cruise missiles and satelite technology aren't gonna be much cop when their are too many targets on the battlefield...

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#19    Asterix

Asterix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

• By Belenos and Toutatis!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

Contemporary military tactics (expecially when combined with the growingly complex world politics) are a multi-dimensional field of operations, that in no way is as simple as "the more troops/tanks/planes you have, the more your chances to win". This was the way wars were made until the WWI, not today.

China currently employs way over 16,000 Tanks. There is no way in hell, that NATO, can match that superiority in numbers

I won't start debating over the politics of the matter (plus ALL the economical factors). But allow me one, only one question. Which theater of operations are we talking about? NATO has at least the theoretical possibility of bringing troops to China, with a massive landing that would make usage of the multiple NATO bases around the world, Japanese, South-Korean, and the ones in Philippines being the closest. What kind of bases could China use to attack USA or Europe? What kind of solutions would China have to solve the immense logistic problems?

It's impossible for China to militarily threaten NATO, and as impossible for NATO to threaten China. But in modern times wars are not always fought with weapons and bullets, and that is another issue. And the truth is that economically, both the West and China are totally dependant on each other.

Edited by Asterix, 20 July 2004 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image
There are two kinds of idiots - those who don't take action because they have received a threat, and those who think they are taking action because they have issued a threat.
Paulo Coelho

#20    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:25 AM

If it was that simple shouldn't Iraq be a lovely peaceful place by now?

to quote myself
OH PUHLEASE

unless stated otherwise it would be safe to assume we are talking conventional warfare, the aftermath of Iraq is completely different, during the conventional phase, the US wiped the floor with the Iraqi army

#21    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:33 AM

and also managed to kill and mame (or however you spell it) thousands of innocent iraqis.  quite a victory.

the more you learn, the less you realise you know!

#22    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

Saddam killed about 300000 would you rather Saddam?  rolleyes.gif  

#23    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:46 AM

id rather the US government stay out of iraq.its a worse place to live now than before the war. i know from friends who have relatives there. there are killings going on all over africa for example, why doesnt the US government do anything about that???  

#24    CatAstrofix

CatAstrofix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• There is no truth, just perceptions.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:49 AM

OH PUHLEASE

So, if one doesn't accept what US and it's allies has done in Iraq, it means accepting Saddams actions? I suppose majority of ppl don't agree with either...

#25    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

why doesnt the US government do anything about that???

the US can't do everything

So, if one doesn't accept what US and it's allies has done in Iraq, it means accepting Saddams actions? I suppose majority of ppl don't agree with either...

what should have been done then? the UN wasn't doing anything at all, the French/Russians/Germans were going to block any real action due to ties with saddam, so please oh please tell me what should have been done?

#26    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

i agree  CatAstrofix. the US government actually thinks theyve done iraq a favour,
or is it theyve done themselves a favour???

#27    CatAstrofix

CatAstrofix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• There is no truth, just perceptions.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:09 AM

so please oh please tell me what should have been done?

I never said I'd have the answers to how bring peace and happines to whole world, or even in Iraq. I don't even know enough to state what would be the best course of action in my opinion. Ppl should be able to trust their leaders to do the right thing, in this both Mr Hussein and Mr Bush have failed.
What I do know is that the war in Iraq has been a disaster for everybody involved. To go back to the subject, linking Iran to 9/11, somewhat leads you to think that the war against terrorism has turned to a war of terror.

#28    councilof3

councilof3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:18 AM

there are killings going on all over africa for example, why doesnt the US government do anything about that???

Its just one of lifes mysteries why the world governments turn a blind eye towards Africa, yet invade oil rich Iraq to overthrow a 'brutal regime'

so please oh please tell me what should have been done?

Maybe a bit of diplomacy? France, Russia and most other countries were all on board with America before the suggestion of invading Iraq.
After 9/11, any country that wasnt on board with America was looking isolated.

But instead Bush chose to isolate America (and sadly Britain) with the 'either with us or against us' attitude, which I'm afraid lost America a lot of support at a time when she needed it most.

#29    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:18 AM

in my opinion, there must have been more than one country involved in the freedom of movement of the al qaeda network. the US governments are becoming like barbarians. first Afghanistan, then Iraq, and now theyre turning their attentions to Iran. how many people have to die before enough is enough. i dont think bush cares.  

#30    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:23 AM

Its just one of lifes mysteries why the world governments turn a blind eye towards Africa, yet invade oil rich Iraq to overthrow a 'brutal regime'

turns a blind eye? you are kidding right? just because they didn't bomb the f*** out of the countries doesn't mean that action hasn't been taken, perhaps through the UN, where certain countries don't have a vested interest in blocking any action!

Maybe a bit of diplomacy? France, Russia and most other countries were all on board with America before the suggestion of invading Iraq.

10 years of failed diplomacy, 10 years of broken resolutions, France, Russia and Germany avoiding action in order to profit from Saddams regime.

Edited by bathory, 20 July 2004 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users