Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The island of the dolls

UM-Bot

Matt Forde: The winding canals of Mexico City’s ancient Xochimilco district harbour a disturbing and exceptional locale. Within the meandering waterways of the quiet wetlands, eighteen miles from the city’s centre and away from the mariachi bands and most of the colourful trajineras, lies a small island on Teshuilo Lake where a spectacle can be seen that is so unique and macabre it is quickly gaining worldwide infamy. Amid the native trees and the overgrown wetland flora that populates the diminutive island, thousands of children’s dolls cling to branches, tree trunks and other unusual perches, all in varying states of decay. Their sightless eyes and lifeless limbs swaying silently in the gentle Aztecan breezes until the veil of night falls upon the land and, as the local residents claim, the dolls become animated by the spirits of the dead and beckon the unwary to a watery grave.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~TheBigK~

• Mobhitmusicman

• Cryptozological Mascot

• olympic1

Destination truth visited the island and did a show there. One of the dolls did actually move... Now if only there was an island of clowns, then my tropical nightmares would be real!!!:devil:

Destination truth visited the island and did a show there. One of the dolls did actually move... Now if only there was an island of clowns, then my tropical nightmares would be real!!!:devil:

That was a good episode. :P Even if it's just dolls and nothing paranormal, I still don't think I could step foot on that island haha.

Awesome Idea. I'll send you the Travel Brochure Soon!

MMM

Edited by Mobhitmusicman

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go anywhere near that island. I hate dolls. I did watch that episode of Destination Truth, a three or so months ago, on OLN. Anthony Bourdain (sp?) also went there on a episode of No Reservations.

:sleepy: Well, that story was just fascinating. I had never heard of such a place before in mexico. But yes i do recall seeing it on No Reservations, however i didn't know the actual story behind it lol. Actually i find this very interesting and to be honest hellz, i wouldn't mind staying a night just to see, what weirdnessez occur in the dark of the night :whistle: Sure makes me feel excited just thinking about it!

One of their best episodes.

I also saw the DT episode shot there. The dolls hanging from the trees were the stuff of nightmares. I don't think even the spirit of a little girl would go near them. :no:

Yeah! I was just gonna mention that I saw that episode of it the other day for the first time. I was very surprised when the doll actually moved and blinked it's eye. I know the chances of the eye blinking are probably quite low but ... meh, it happened on camera and was caught on film so it was great imo. ;)

As to the legend, I believe it was more superstition than anything else on the old guy's part. :unsure2:

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to go anywhere near that island. I hate dolls. I did watch that episode of Destination Truth, a three or so months ago, on OLN. Anthony Bourdain (sp?) also went there on a episode of No Reservations.

I agree, I can't stand those creepy dolls. I always thought it was because of their eyes but when they have no eyes they look even more creepy!

very good story shame my nan passed and gave us a cabinate of dolls my ex would never sleep in the frontroom because she was scared of them i dint blame her they do look very suspicious ow and now im gonna watch the episode thing :no:

Edited by Ronseal