Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.F.O's in Historical Artwork.........

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 29 June 2001 - 05:36 AM

Mr. X,

Truthfully, the explanation could also be applied to the examples displayed on the page you mentioned. Not in the Christian sense as far as religion goes, but couldn't some of the artifacts and drawings shown be depicting ancient religious icons?(the statues of the lizard men, the Ecuadorian figure, etc.) I don't think that's too far-fetched, is it? There is also this to ponder; you cannot accurately date rock unless you have some corresponding biological substance from the immediate area to test. I see all sorts of inferences to "appears to be from", "approx. dated from", "thought to be 7,000 years old", etc. How was this arrived at and who did it? What were their qualifications? Where is the empirical data and why is there no reference to it? Do you see my point? Again, yes, some of the objects are quite intriguing, some astoundingly so, but I'm afraid I require more than having someone show me a picture of something interesting and adding a few ambiguous words of explanation. Refer back to the discovery of fraud perpetrated by Von Daniken in my previous thread. I do vaguely remember explanations to some of the items shown, but I don't have a perfect memory as to exactly where they came from or the source. I am thinking in my own mind that if somebody where to go through all the trouble this individual has to display these 'anomalous' artifacts,  he would have make some attempt to qualify his position with data more concrete than, "this looks like", "this appears to show", "this may possibly be". Supposition and interpretations are hardly qualifiers of truth. No doubt there are some very interesting artifacts here, I wish I knew the history of some of them myself.

I am a bit flattered by your opinion of me, but it is erroneous. I don't have the answers to everything, not by a long shot. I do have years of experience and the benefit of accumulated knowledge in my favor on some subjects, and I also do like to do research on those things that interest me. Unfortunately, I also suffer the consequences associated with my years, I may be a bit jaded and don't have the patience for perceived ignorance. I hope you can appreciate the fact that I recognize these faults in myself, since I've been pretty hard on you. I would really like to slap you upside the head sometimes though. :D

MAGIKMAN

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#17    Mr-X

Mr-X

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 06:17 AM

Im to fast for you magikman ;)

Oh, you should never doubt what no one is sure about.
- Willy Wonka

#18    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 03:16 PM

:-*
He just might have you there, Magikman!!!    :-*

#19    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 08 September 2001 - 07:28 PM

Now, this is an interesting Thread  ;D :o ;D

Odin Supreme  8)

#20    reese92

reese92

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 September 2001 - 07:35 PM

Oh, those were the good days!!  Now it seems as though all the good threads are gone...  :'(

#21    odinsupreme

odinsupreme

Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

• Yes.

Posted 08 September 2001 - 07:54 PM

Well, i is a shame that I missed those days  :'(

But now Odin is here...

Odin Supreme  8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users