Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 9 votes

Bizarre statue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
333 replies to this topic

#1    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Hello

A hour ago I stumbled upon a strange auction on ebay. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/...DefaultDomain_0

I really want to help this family, and besides I'm very curious about the supernatural. I wanted to have a supernatural experience ever since I was a kid. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for this kind of stuff. Should I give this statue a shot, or do you think it's too much to handle? All I want is a little bit of some experience, not a friggin demon legion in my house.

If you think that this statue is dangerous, then can someone please share any knowledge how we can get rid of it? Obviously throwing it away won't work, as the fellow explained. I don't even know if purchasing will work. I'd really like to make a bid and in the worst case scenario, try to confine it/destroy it. Could someone recommend anything? Any experience with this sort of stuff?

#2    TAISET

TAISET

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

my thisisascamm senses are tingleing

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,841 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

I'm willing to allow this for now to see what others make of the item and the story behind it.

Unusual eBay auctions have generated quite a bit of discussion over the years.

#4    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Thanks.

The reason I opened this thread is because I plan on purchasing this statue, as I said, because of two reasons.

1. I know how hard life is in Macedonia, and I'd like to help this poor family.
2. I'd like to have a paranormal experience myself. I feel that it would be rewarding.

However, I know little, you could even say nothing about the paranormal. I'd like to hear people's opinions. Am i putting myself into some kind of danger? Does this thing show symptoms of evil, malevolent spirits? Is it generally safe to have it in the house?

I know that none of you can provide specific answers, but please, any kind of experience or a good theory or two would be greatly appreciated.

#5    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

HooDoo Man

• 3,286 posts

• Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

This sounds exactly like the old stories you woudl hear from a friend about Ouija boards. It was moving on it's own, I tried to throw it away but it kept coming back. Sounds pretty weak.

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 17,184 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

I love the part where he warns you "Please, if you have a weak heart, stop reading NOW and leave this page!"For me that reeks of too much cheese.  I think this guy saw how much that colored water that allegedly contained trapped spirits went for and is trying to get money out of someone who believs in this sort of thing.  

That being said the statue really is quite interesting looking and the story doesn't hurt the interesting factor either.  I'd say if you desire it buy it.

#7    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Paul Dangerously, on 26 August 2010 - 09:11 PM, said:

This sounds exactly like the old stories you woudl hear from a friend about Ouija boards. It was moving on it's own, I tried to throw it away but it kept coming back. Sounds pretty weak.
Sorry, i'm not very familiar with these stories.
So, are you saying that it would be generally safe to purchase this thing? I mean, there's no price on it anyway. If it was a scam, i figure that the price would be higher.

However, I am not entirely without reserve. I AM a skeptic about many things, but on the other hand, what if the thing is real? There's always that possibility, no matter how slight.

#8    Uncommon Sense

Uncommon Sense

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• You can lead a fish to water, but you can't make it a horse.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

Well, while I have never corresponded with anyone from Macedonia, the seller seems to be very well spoken.  Shipping seems high, but again, from Macedonia it doesn't seem that bad.  Bear in mind that it is an auction and not a "Buy It Now" sale, though that can be attributed to the seller never having placed an item up for sale on Ebay.  The implication here would be that a dishonest person would look for the price to be driven up by other bids, I'm not insinuating that this person is dishonest.

As to your desire to experience something, the statue hasn't proven malicious(unless you count broken mirrors) but the story ends abruptly and there's no updates as to anything that is still happening(I'm not sure that you can even update the summary of a sale item on Ebay).  So, on the one hand something really bad could be brewing, on the other hand it could just be a story and nothing more, on the other other hand(what?  It's Unexplained-Mysteries, who's to say there can't be a third hand
?) you could buy this, get it shipped to you and it could end up back in his house which would be crazy, a little cool, and unfortunate that you just paid for it.  All I can say is be careful what you wish for, clichéd but true.

Thus, my two cents ends.

Edited by Uncommon Sense, 26 August 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#9    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

If it's that scary, I would cut my losses and throw it as far away as I could, not sell it.  A moving statue doesn't sound like something I would want in my house, especially after watching The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, i.e., Shiva.

#10    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Interesting theory.

Yes, agreed that the shipping seems high, but there's hardly any decent earning in it. But (dis)honesty aside, what I'm really interested is...

1. What are the signs of a malevolent spirit? According to the fellow, the charred and pointed to him. This would mean that the statue is interested in him and his grandmother, since later in his story, allegedly the statue is found pointing at her too. This means that a clear statement has been made.

2. Breaking the mirrors could be a sign that the statue can be controlled, but it can also break free. With some further investigation, perhaps someone can find a way to control it completely, but would this somehow provoke the statue? If it's malevolent, the last thing you want is to provoke it, right?

3. The statue comes back. Could this mean that it's somehow tied to the house, location, or it's the people that draw it? About your theory that it might end up appearing back at his house after shipping, I never thought of that actually. I'm gonna contact him via mail and ask him what will happen in that case. I'll post his reply here.

I repeat, I don't know much about the paranormal, so everything i'm saying is purely based on logic. If i'm wrong about anything, please correct me.

Edit:
@   Mantis914
The guy actually tried throwing it away a few times, as stated in the story. The statue allegedly keeps re-appearing in his basement after a short while. This would mean that getting rid of it by throwing it away is not a option. At least that's what the story says.

Edited by Kageyoshi, 26 August 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#11    Uncommon Sense

Uncommon Sense

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• You can lead a fish to water, but you can't make it a horse.

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Kageyoshi, on 26 August 2010 - 09:32 PM, said:

Interesting theory.

Yes, agreed that the shipping seems high, but there's hardly any decent earning in it. But (dis)honesty aside, what I'm really interested is...

1. What are the signs of a malevolent spirit? According to the fellow, the charred and pointed to him. This would mean that the statue is interested in him and his grandmother, since later in his story, allegedly the statue is found pointing at her too. This means that a clear statement has been made.

2. Breaking the mirrors could be a sign that the statue can be controlled, but it can also break free. With some further investigation, perhaps someone can find a way to control it completely, but would this somehow provoke the statue? If it's malevolent, the last thing you want is to provoke it, right?

3. The statue comes back. Could this mean that it's somehow tied to the house, location, or it's the people that draw it? About your theory that it might end up appearing back at his house after shipping, I never thought of that actually. I'm gonna contact him via mail and ask him what will happen in that case. I'll post his reply here.

I repeat, I don't know much about the paranormal, so everything i'm saying is purely based on logic. If i'm wrong about anything, please correct me.

Edit:
@   Mantis914
The guy actually tried throwing it away a few times, as stated in the story. The statue allegedly keeps re-appearing in his basement after a short while. This would mean that getting rid of it by throwing it away is not a option. At least that's what the story says.

Welcome to UM by the way.

If you're planning on contacting him, it may be worth asking in what condition the mirror was in that was originally tied to the statue(he didn't say in the story), as well as what happened to the previous owners of the house.  Basically apply any questions you would ask at a "haunting" story, if we're accepting that the story is true I can't think of any mundane answers as to how the statues spontaneously charred, breaks mirrors or moves around on it's own.

#12    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I'll ask those things, thanks. Quoting the story,

There were no neighbors near the house, but the people that live nearby have suggested that we do not move inside that house. They wouldn't state why, they just said that it was a bad idea. "If it was a good place, the owner wouldn't abandon it", one lady said.

From this I figure that the owners are still alive, but as you suggested, it wouldn't hurt asking.

This thing really gets me excited. If the story is real, this could really be a unforgettable experience. I never owned any paranormal items, so I'm kinda stepping into the unknown here. Lets just hope that I don't bite more than I can chew with this...

#13    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

The story is a LOAD to drive up the bidding, don't be one of those suckers who falls for it. "Haunted crap" on eBay is nothing new.

If you want the statue and/or want to help the family by buying it, that's fine - just don't expect anything to happen when you get it.

Edited by Moonie2012, 26 August 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#14    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Moonie2012, on 26 August 2010 - 09:51 PM, said:

The story is a LOAD to drive up the bidding, don't be one of those suckers who falls for it. "Haunted crap" on eBay is nothing new.

If you want the statue and/or want to help the family by buying it, that's fine - just don't expect anything to happen when you get it.

Wow.. You seem so certain.
Well, your opinion is valid too. But, if it happens to be real, would you accept come live with me and help me battle this thing? :)

#15    Kageyoshi

Kageyoshi

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:27 PM

Sorry for the double post. I've just received a reply on my e-mail. Here is what it says.

Me:

Hello
I am interested in purchasing the statue that you're auctioning on Ebay. Before bidding, I'd like to ask a few questions. Please try to be as specific as you can in your answers. Thanks.

1. In what condition was the small, tied mirror, and is it still available? Could you post any pictures of it?
2. Who are the previous owners of the house and what happened to them?
3. What's the type of wood that the statue is made of?
4. Is there anything written, embossed or inscribed on the statue?
5. You mentioned that you tried throwing away the statue, but it reappeared in your basement. If I purchase your statue and it somehow reappears back to your home, what can we do in that case?
6. Are there any paranormal activities occuring now?

Thank you for your time

Him:

Good evening
I'm really delighted that someone is interested in removing this thing from my home. About your questions

1 - the mirror was small, square and mostly chipped. Unfortunately, I don't have the mirror anymore. As far as I can recall, it was thrown away when the truck came to pick up the garbage. For the sake of giving you specific answers, I'll go to the house and check the basement, in case that it was left behind. I'm not sure about anything anymore. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

2 - The previous owner of the house is living in Germany currently. His parents lived in that house, but there were no violent deaths or anything of that sort going on. It was a normal house where elderly people lived. About any strange activities such as statues moving by themselves, he wouldn't talk. He implied that the low price is the best that he can give.

3 - I don't really know. Before the incident, the statue had beautiful, bright yellow color and really stunning wood grain. It was a masterpiece. Ever since it charred, it is unrecognizable as to what type of wood it's made of. I guess I could try scratching or chipping it to see, but honestly, my family is disturbed enough as it is. I wouldn't want to anger whatever resides in it any more than this.

4 - No, there are no writings. The front of the base seems scratched badly, almost as if it's not finished. The rest of the statue is very smooth, very fine, but the front is a bit rougher. It could be that there was something written there, but it's not readable anymore.

5 - I don't really know what we can do in that case. I guess, if the statue somehow appears back, and if you still want it back, I'll ship it to you again on my charge, or refund your payment, whatever works for you. Let's just hope that it won't happen.

6 - Me and my grandmother are not living in that house for the time being. We are staying at our cousins. I check the house periodically to see if everything is fine. There is a mirror placed near the statue, and last time (8 days ago) I checked, the mirror was intact. I'll check again tomorrow and report back if you want. Anyway, until the statue is gone, we decided not to return to the house.

Thank you for your interest. Let's just get this over with. If there's anything else I can answer, I'll be more than happy to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users