Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Satan/Luciferism?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46    Imaginary Friend

Imaginary Friend

DON'T HIT KIDS! No, Seriously! They have guns now.

• Banned
  • 2,381 posts

• "Because thou has rejected knowledge I also reject thee." Hosea 4:6

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:52 PM

I understood the question. I was just making a funny.  tongue.gif

And to seriously address the query. No. Then it wouldn't be Satan .

#47    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

• 2,396 posts

• " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:03 AM

HAVE you EVER noticed THAT the POSTS on satan are
       always SHORTER  than the posts  on GOD .

Abecrombie

,"mmmmm       perhaps it could be mmmm lets see hear    mmmmmmperhaps  mmmmperhaps    lets  see  mmmmmm.......SATAN ! "
Church lady from snl per Dana Carvy disgust.gif  blink.gif  devil.gif  angry.gif  w00t.gif  grin2.gif  wacko.gif  unsure.gif  innocent.gif[quote]

Posted ImageZombiedog

#48    Psychokinesis

Psychokinesis

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:59 AM

good point. But satanism is the worship of Satan
who is a Bible caracter classified as a powerful
angel who fell to earth and is decievig mankind.

And what does this have to do with anything? I'm presuming if the person doesn't believe in the religion of Christianity they wouldn't believe this either.  hmm.gif

#49    vladdimpailer

vladdimpailer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

• "For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

the church of satan has nothing to do with devil worship but more of a ridiculing of the hipocracy of chritianity they don't believe in god or the devil, that is what i got from a history channel program on the subject

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:58 AM

the church of satan has nothing to do with devil worship but more of a ridiculing of the hipocracy of chritianity they don't believe in god or the devil, that is what i got from a history channel program on the subject

Have you ever read their satanic rules? they are rarther intresting yes.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#51    miracle

miracle

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

I understood the question. I was just making a funny.  tongue.gif

And to seriously address the query. No. Then it wouldn't be Satan .

if he had the determination i tink he can do it.................also he an angel too sure he had great willpower to do it....

#52    Dennison

Dennison

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• The world has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:29 PM

Satanism and Luciferism is the same thing, worshipping a false idol in the Devil.

The system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. - The Matrix

#53    Imaginary Friend

Imaginary Friend

DON'T HIT KIDS! No, Seriously! They have guns now.

• Banned
  • 2,381 posts

• "Because thou has rejected knowledge I also reject thee." Hosea 4:6

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1967

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in anotherís lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Satanism and Luciferism is the same thing, worshipping a false idol in the Devil.

Dare to think outside the xtian myth. (If you dare! devil.gif Muahahahahaha!  devil.gif )

Who Is Satan?!

Edited by Imaginary Friend, 20 April 2006 - 05:09 PM.

#54    Dennison

Dennison

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Ok so you're saying that Satanism is the worship of clarity and overcoming self deceit. Ok, so basically the Church uses the word Satan/Lucifer/Devil as a scare tactic?

The system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. - The Matrix

#55    Dennison

Dennison

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

Satanists are not passive atheists, but explicit atheists. Theologically, we are certainly evil, as the very label we give ourselves portrays that we oppose the concept of God. Our very existence denies God power and credibility.
Satanism is the unreligion, whose adherents are sided squarely with the opposition to concepts of gods. There is a Jewish proverb, "If God lived on Earth, people would break his windows".

That would be an excerpt from the article you posted. It still teaches evil, and that is one thing that I go against.

#56    Infrazael

Infrazael

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

• GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN, ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

Classical Satanism (LeVay-oriented) is pretty freaking different from modern Luciferianism.

You make a rather untruthful statement.

#57    Dennison

Dennison

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

Classical Satanism (LeVay-oriented) is pretty freaking different from modern Luciferianism.

You make a rather untruthful statement. - It wasn't untruthful to myself when I said it. I didn't do enough research, but now I have.

Devil worship
The term "Devil worship" has a wide variety of associated meanings, but in its most objective sense, it simply refers to a religious belief in and worship of a Devil or devils. Devil worship can also be referred to as Diabolatry (from the Greek "diabolos" - devil - and "latreia" - worship), or as theistic Satanism. It is a controversial term, since "Satanist" carries a completely different meaning to those actually familiar or following with its practices and principles, who consider themselves maligned through ignorance. The term "Devil worshiper" has been used instead by LaVeyan Satanists as a term for those criminals who commit crimes citing Satan or Satanism as part of their justification.

However, despite this, there is widespread assumption that Devil Worshipers and Satanists and criminals conducting abhorrent acts under the name of either of these terms, are the same. reasons why this is so include: (1) For many people (even Satanists), the terms "Devil worshiper" and "Satanist" are synonymous; (2) The media continues to use the term "Satanist" instead of "Devil worshiper" for criminals who commit crimes in the name of Satan (most likely because "Satanist" is shorter and fits more easily in a headline), (3) Many criminals who commit crimes in the name of Satan call themselves "Satanists," not "Devil worshipers," and (4) Referring to Satanism and Devil worship as "completely separate concepts" is often interpreted by non-Satanists as semantic gerrymandering and "hair-splitting" at best, or outright lying and deception at worst.

Other common arguments includes that throughout history, there have been far more many crimes committed in the name of Jehovah, Jesus Christ and Allah than there have been in the name of Satan; yet people do not typically use the term "Christ worship" to be synonymous for criminal activity. Therefore, it makes even less sense to use the term "Devil worship" as a label for criminals, and the idea of claiming that someone is a criminal simply because they worship a particular deity or principle is difficult to accept.

Part of the reason why many Satanists demonize the term "Devil worshiper" is because of the LaVeyan teaching that worshiping a deity is a sign of intellectual weakness. It is also commonly claimed that anyone who worships the Devil is necessarily constrained by Christian theology and dogma, whereas Satanism is "freed" from such. In fact most forms of contemporary Devil worship tend to divorce themselves from strict Christian theology in any event. The Joy of Satan is a good example of Devil worshipers who identify their idea of Satan with Sumerian mythology rather than the Bible, and the Church of Azazel practices a polytheistic form of Devil worship that combines elements of Deism and the African-based Diaspora religions (e.g., Vodou, Santeria, Umbanda) and emphasizes the importance of philosophy and intellectualism to its adherents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism - source

Yeah, I get the point, Satanism is not devil worship, its a few bad eggs that claim they did what they did because of the devil. tongue.gif Now that I understand, the flaming can end.

And yeah, i Know, i just researched all the different types of Satanism, so yeah i Know, i was flying on the seat of my pants. That was a statement from my own heart, It wasn't some copywritten pile of crap from a magazine or a book. tongue.gif

Edited by Dennison, 20 April 2006 - 08:02 PM.

#58    _Emma_

_Emma_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

Aren't there two different Luciferisms?

#59    dier-erdna

dier-erdna

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

satanisem is realy an old misunderstod religon becaus in the midelages the aitiest was belivd to be controlled by satan because they did not believe in god so they become satanist in the eyes of the church and what we now as satanism is a relativly new thing.

#60    Apl_Py

Apl_Py

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

First off, a note that Satanists do NOT sacrafice animals, that isn't Satanism, that's a crazy ****er who THINKS it's Satanism.

In reply to your question, there are a few different types of Satanism. The 2 kinds I know of are Spiritual Satanism and LaVeyan Satanism. In Spiritual Satanism (which is what I believe in so I know more about this than the others), the Satanists believe in Satan as a real being and that he along with the other Gods (including the Christian God) created humans, but allot of the other Gods (Jehova/Angels) wanted us to be destroyed after we serve our purpose. Spiritual Satanism includes stuff like Astral Projection, summoning Demons, and worship of Satan.

LaVeyan Satanism, created by Anton LaVey, is what all the people of the CoS (Church of Satan) believe in. They believe that Satan is not a real being, but instead Satan is a symbol of all that is viewed as "sins" or otherwise selfish by other people, such as self-worship.

I also should add what I call "Idiotic Satanism", which is basicly a fake Satanism which fits the general stereotype of Satanism. That is people who sacrafice animals, people, etc. and call it Satanism, usually as an excuse for their actions. If you see someone tied up to an inverted Pentagram with scars all over them, that is NOT Satanism. It is either Idiotic Satanism, or someone doing very extreme bondage...

For more information (also more accurate than me, since I have only been in Satanism for a few months), visit the following websites :
For Spiritual Satanism, www.joyofsatan.org and www.theisticsatanism.com
For LaVeyan Satanism, www.churchofsatan.com

Hope I helped  wink2.gif

Edited by Apl_Py, 18 January 2008 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users