Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are we aliens?!?!?!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

Ok just a thought!, how sure are we that we evolved in the planet earth or that an  almighty power created us. Could it be that we are just an experiment by another advanced species who creates life and watches it to see if it evolves. Maybe we are human colonists and the human race has been around for hundreds of thousands of years but the only way to really colonise the stars is by starting all over again on another planet from scratch. No technology or any idea of who we are or what technology is.
Any theories or ideas on whether we are trully earthlings or beings from some far far away planet that we may never find would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if its been done before and it seems like a dumb topic to you, I`m just interested n what people think about this!

Thanks for those who choose to participate in this topic! thumbsup.gif

Edited by AztecInca, 20 July 2004 - 09:35 AM.

#2    CatAstrofix

CatAstrofix

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

• There is no truth, just perceptions.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 09:41 AM

Ok just a thought!, how sure are we that we evolved in the planet earth or that an almighty power created us. Could it be that we are just an experiment by another advanced species who creates life and watches it to see if it evolves.

I started thinking by trying to define the word "alien". Even if we once were aliens, we're that no longer, not to this planet at least. From where it all started? Maybe here, maybe elsewhere. Current theories seem to favor the first option.

#3    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

I posted a topic a while back suggesting that we all started off on Mars, but we screwed up the planet and migrated to Earth.

My theory was we crashlanded and lost all our technology, so with no way to record our history it was all lost and mankind plummeted back to the stoneage.

After we cocked up the Martian atmosphere the suns radiation burned away all trace we were ever there, and no one ever knew....

...definately a good plot for a sci-fi movie/novel, in fact I'm sure it's probably been done  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#4    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:05 PM

There's a problem with that.... humans and apes are too samiliar genetically, so either the aliens were monkeys who evolved here to become humans, or that the aliens were bacteria that got here and started life on earth.

Another problem is the fact that Neanderthals are too samiliar to Homo Sapiens, but we now know that we didn't evolve from them, so the probability that an alien from outer space just happen to look exactly like a more fregile version of the local intelligence specie (Neanderthal) is just too out-there...  

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#5    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:06 PM

ive often thought whether we were an experiment too.  scary thought though.
like whether the aliens are actually our creator therefore our God. i would like to know how the afterlife and aliens are connected? is there a connection? there must be in my opinion. do we become aliens in future lives ( if you believe in reincarnation)? have we been aliens in previous lives??? wow the questions keep coming but im afraid the answers arent.

keep up the search for the truth tho

alis x

the more you learn, the less you realise you know!

#6    Rakshasas

Rakshasas

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 207 posts

• Wicked Witch

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:12 PM

Having read I think the book was God is a spaceman the theory put forward was that aliens just tweeked an native species to create homosapians.    

Live well...laugh often..love much

#7    Quirky Aussie

Quirky Aussie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 40 posts

• Crikey!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 03:32 PM

I've read a book like this before, where the author is trying to persuade the reader into believing that we were created by aliens. That book made me laugh!

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

#8    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:35 PM

IF THERE ARE ALIEN... Ooops caps. Stupid backspace doesn't work. If there are aliens out there then of course we are aliens to them.

#9    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 20 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

well, a theory I've heard (which i most likely believe) is that a meteorite hit the earth, and it had bacteria, or DNA on it. It reproduced, making the primordial ooze, and life as we know it spawned from that.

Regardless if it was launched at earth intellegently, or just hit here on accident, either way.. this theory suggests Life was started by something extraterrestrial.

Either way, evolution has made us Alien to anything in space.

Edited by hunterkiller2001, 20 July 2004 - 04:47 PM.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#10    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

I doubt that we are aliens. We might be aliens to other races
on different planets.

#11    Todd

Todd

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 08:55 AM

Depending on how you want to define the term, we could all be considered "aliens" in one way or another.

#12    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (alis @ Jul 20 2004, 03:06 AM)
like whether the aliens are actually our creator therefore our God.

like on that stargate movie...how they worshiped an alien thinking its a god

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#13    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

Or maybe we think that God is an alien but He really is't?

#14    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:55 PM

hmmm are we aliens....well according to the US gov. every immigrant is an "Alien" illegal or not  rolleyes.gif   do i LOOK like i got here by ufo?!

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#15    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

Maybe all the inhabitants of earth were created by aliens and they just tweaked as rakshasas said one of native species to create us.

When I say alien I mean literally extraterrestrial, so they are not native to planet earth.

I`m no expert on the subject and havent read much info on this subject but there is still no real reliable theory on how we got here  and survived around when the neanderthals were the dominat form of life. Are we evolved from them or an entirely different species? They just about completed died off around the ice age and we survived and became the dominant species on the planet yet they were far better prepared to survive. It sounds like something came along and gave us a helping hand. Maybe thats all that happened and we were just given a a helping hand by some advanced form of life!

Myabe it was us that came along and killed off mist of the neanderthals and than deposited us on earth with no technology or knowledge of how we got here and of any of the advanced technologies we had. So we had to start from scratch again.

Who knows?!?!!?!?!?.....its very interesting though and hopefully on day we will find the answers to our origins. thumbsup.gif

Thanks to all those who have participated in this topic so far and I hope to hear from everyone else who is interested in this subject and has something to say about it! thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users