Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The murder of Cheri Jo Bates

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#46    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

In Montana !!?? Very interesting Puri because when Zodiac killed Cecelia Shepard on September 27 1969 he said to her and her boyfriend Bryan Hartnell(who survived the attack) that he was  an escaped convict from Deer Lodge, Montana.

#47    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:10 PM

Ya Montana, sorry I don't know anything hardly about serial killers in general..so when I get things I don't often know how to associate them because I have such little knowledge on such things, again feel free to inbox me or anything. But ya he was telling the female killer how he had shortly lived in Montana, again during this time he was in early 40s at latest when this occured. Idk if that charity 'drive' helps either..you'd have to get someone who had axcess to files to look that up and see what that is so important.

#48    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

Adding: Important to also note, that when Cheri was stabbed multiple times, I heard no screaming, obviously due to being unconcious via strangalation like I said earlier, but I just remember how I thought it was somewhat odd I heard no screams..now it makes obvious sense because she was knocked unconcious beforehand.

For anyone who wishes to catch up on what I have stated about Bates I made a video: http://www.youtube.c...sm?feature=mhum
(Most but not all of the info. I have stated is in there)

Edited by puridalan, 03 September 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#49    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

I'll ask Tom Voigt about it Pur...if you have more details please share...it's so cool, i talk a lot about this case since 2000 and it's cool to see this discussion about it.

#50    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

View Postpuridalan, on 03 September 2010 - 08:13 PM, said:

Adding: Important to also note, that when Cheri was stabbed multiple times, I heard no screaming, obviously due to being unconcious via strangalation like I said earlier, but I just remember how I thought it was somewhat odd I heard no screams..now it makes obvious sense because she was knocked unconcious beforehand.
We know she had a fight with her killer before dying because the killer lost his/her watch in the fight...great stuff Pur...and thanks for the video.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 03 September 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#51    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostWORKING CLASS AL, on 03 September 2010 - 04:12 AM, said:

Like I asked PURI.....how do you guys deal with getting the images or sensations?  It seems like a gift and curse all at the same time.

Regards!
W.C. AL

That's a simple question to ask and quite a hard one to answer. There is varying levels of how this works. While i do naturally empathise/sympathise it can be hard at times to see or feel just how disgusting and foul certain acts of humanity is.

However, I would be useless functioning the way I do if I was to let these unfortunate experiences in so close that I digested them as my own.. I have over time learned to allow myself to feel, see, sense from as neutral a position as I can and be like a blank slate for my senses/awareness to operate on. It doesn't always work of course and it's not exactly the same as being completely detached either which i know sounds cold. As a person my nature is to be protective and helpful and I have strong feelings about anything which succeeds in the dis-empowerment or closing down of other beings/animals and find it absolutely deplorable. I also bare in mind a greater perspective too that things don't just exist, start and end here on this physical plane and that definitely helps me to deal with some aspects of it and not just look at things from my own perspective all the time.

Anyway I'll get back to the topic - JonathanVonErich,  thanks for the picture of the killers watch for some reason it isn't displaying, not sure what happened to link.

And Puri excellent video! you're doing great work with this.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#52    H.H. Holmes

H.H. Holmes

Rebel Without A Cause

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

• I'm going platinum...

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

I made another map with the unproved victims, as well as the established victims, from earliest to most recent. I found a pattern, I think, if the earlier murders are in fact the work of the Zodiac. It seems that he started out in the Los Angeles Area or around it. The earliest reported attack was in Lompoc, CA before the murder of Cheri Jo, which she is the second purported victim, both of which are around the Los Angeles area. So, between October 30, 1966 and December 20, 1968 he must have moved to around the San Francisco area. Either that, or he made a several hour long trip from Los Angeles area to the San Francisco area, where the latter murders and attacks happened. All attacks after the Benicia murder was within two hours from each other, none more than a hundred miles separated. My link

Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens- Jimi Hendrix
Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.-Friedrich Nietzsche
The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.-Mohandas Gandhi

#53    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Good post HHH, but many Zodiac investigators believe the first victims of Zodiac might be Robert Domingos and Linda Edwards. Here are some details about the case:

Killed: June 4, 1963 (Tuesday)

Place of attack: A remote beach  south of Gaviota in Santa Barbara County, Calif.

Method of attack: Robert Domingos, age 18, was shot 11 times. His fiancee, Linda Edwards, age 17, was shot nine times. The weapon was a .22 caliber semi-automatic, probably a rifle. The ammunition was Winchester Western Super X copper-coated long rifle. There was no indication of robbery or sexual molestation. There were no witnesses. Due to the remote location of the crime scene, the bodies weren't found until the following evening.

Details: The victims were students at nearby Lompoc High School and were participating in "Senior Ditch Day," a local tradition among students close to graduation. Instead of celebrating with classmates at another location, however, Domingos and Edwards chose to be alone at an isolated stretch of beach. Apparently the killer approached while they were sunbathing. As Edwards was forced to bind Domingos at gunpoint with lengths of narrow rope (probably pre-cut), both victims attempted to flee and were shot numerous times. The circumstances of the shooting suggested the killer had some level of expertise with firearms. The bodies were dragged approximately 30 feet to an empty shack occasionally occupied by transients. Edwards was placed face up on top of Domingos and the top of her bathing suit was cut open with a sharp instrument (probably a knife), exposing her breasts. The killer then attempted to set fire to the shack with wooden matches, to no avail.

Zodiac victims? The similarities between this attack and Zodiac's Lake Berryessa attack of 1969 are striking. Additionally, the ammunition used to kill Domingos and Edwards was the same kind Zodiac used at his Lake Herman Road attack of 1968. In 1972, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Dept. issued a press release in an attempt to conclusively link Zodiac to the Domingos-Edwards killings. The potential involvement of the Zodiac received extensive coverage in the news media.

Conclusion: The Domingos-Edwards tragedy has Zodiac's fingerprints all over it: The knife, gun, pre-cut rope and the motiveless assault on vulnerable teenagers at a remote location. It is very unlikely this attack and Zodiac's Lake Berryessa attack were the work of separate individuals.

#54    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

This case  seems interesting I too got the feeling of dread and uselessness after looking at the pictures puridalan put up. I also felt my head hurting because it feels like a bunch of pins stabbing me  I also felt scared when I saw the picture of Richard Gaikowski he just doesn't seem to be the guy involved in the Cheri Bates murder in my mind kept repeating a female is the killer it like something in my gut that is telling me this.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#55    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

interesting Ryinrea...if you have more please share with us....

The fact that a woman could be the killer was never investigated by police or the FBI.Again, she was a popular girl and often popular girls have ennemies. We know she wasn't alone in the library that night.

Here's a picture of the crime scene. The body of Cheri Jo is visible in the front. Hopefully Puri, Supagirl or Ryinrea will see/feel something:

Posted Image

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 04 September 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#56    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

Another picture of the crime scene. Puri, Ryinrea, Supagirl....if you feel something please share.

Posted Image

#57    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

And here's another pic of the watch for Supagirl....the link will be better this time. Thanks to Tom Voigt for the pic:

Posted Image

#58    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

I read some of the other posts, first off stating that in my scenario the cloth as well was also 'pre-cut' but in Cheri's case was not rope but rather a solid piece of clothe, I would estimate to be about a foot and a quart a tiny bit more perhaps. Again no screaming, she might of faught but not screaming that I heard esp once knocked unconcious. I should also say that in my viewing I did NOT see any sexual rape happen, all I saw was the female on top stabbing her multiple times.

The first picture of Cheri can you please make it bigger it's really small, I'm having a hard time seeing anything thank you. I wish to have a bigger picture before I make any further progressions.
The watch is interesting because Cheri actually ripped the watch using her left hand, not her right, idk if that is also important. Also when I was staring closer at the first picture I was trying to 'view' partially back more into the past...then I got three weeks before it happened, and showing me someone she knew that I would consider somewhat of a jock though somewhat smart, he was taller than her, had light brown hair was a bit 'combed' to one side, more of a golden brown blond now that I really think of it, he had light hazel green eyes and was around 5'10-11 prob, he was wearing a lettermans jacket this jacket was partially black, with a weird white cream color on part of it. He was shown to me three weeks before this event happened near the library about a football field away from the library itself near another smaller building outside talking to her. I also want to re-tell about the charity event I saw a week before the death not sure if that is important. I do not think this male though had anything to do with the murder as I certainly did not see him there at the crime, the only reason why this is showing up is because of the emotional attachement Cheri had to him, they had known eachother for a long time and had also dated on and off, I can gurantee this young man went to her funneral and in partiular put a white flower on her casket.

#59    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Here's the picture Puri:

Posted Image

#60    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

Here's a pic of Cheri Jo's funeral...Can you identify the young man you saw, Puri ??

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users